Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Sadly, this whole thread has lost sight of what made America the greatest country in the world. Legislating behavior modification is what America has turned to because people can't control themselves.

It wasn't more than a generation ago that people respected other people's rights and acted accordingly. For the past 40 years hippies, democrats and other bleeding hearts have been successful at ignoring common sense and forcing others into restrictions to modify people's behavior to suit their perception of right and wrong.

If we got back to a society that still sang patriotic songs and said the Pledge of allegiance in our schools and practiced discipline in our lives like we did about 40 years ago, life would be like it was 40 years ago and we wouldn't be as restricted as we are now and looking for more restrictions to control bad behavior that is a risk to society...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So what do you propose we should do NOW to stem the almost 60% increase in accidents due to texting? Or we can go back to the good old days of Deadwood, do away with most laws and if one sees something you deem a danger to yourself, just take appropriate action, like tapping their rear bumper and run them off the road..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Redneck
C'mon, Dave, maybe you're just pulling our chains with this idiocy

If you're referring to this Dave, no I'm not.

This anti-texting schit is just more brain washed idiocy. Glancing at a phone at eye-level and sending an abbreviated response requires no more risk than changing the radio station. Or sipping your coffee. Or looking around for change as you approach a toll booth.

Common sense would dictate that one doesn't need to type nor read a novel while driving in heavy traffic. But since there are too many dumb fugks in the world, it's now a crime to glance at your phone or type a short response. Anybody that can chew gum and jog at the same time is capable of this yet it is now outlawed in (I believe) 48 states. Why? Because of the lowest common denominator. That's why.

And of course there are about 5 billion alleged conservatives that are all too eager to allow this type of idiotic legislation.

My truck has Bluetooth. In order for me to make a call or send a text in most states I have to stare at a TV screen in the middle of my dashboard. I have to scroll through contacts, speak, push buttons, yada, yada, yada. How in the earth's holy fugk is that less distracting than typing "10-4" on a phone?

My truck also has a navigation system so when I drive around schit holes like Minneapolis, Chicago, or San Antonio, I don't have to ask any of the local mouth breathers directions. Why in the fugk is it legal for me to stare at the TV screen, as I drive in congested traffic, but it's not legal for me to look at a hand held fugking phone that can tell me the same info?

Does any of this make any sense? No. It doesn't. It's just more feel good fugking bullschit that the brain washed masses buy into because they don't/can't think for themselves.

And let's not forget many states have caveats for law enforcement officers. Because we all know anybody in that line of work has the reflexes of ninja trained cat. JFC. How do you people buy into this bullschit?

Dave

Dang, thats the longest post I have ever seen you write.... and I agree with 100% of it. +9999 We have too many laws already... time to start afresh with the original law, the constitution.

Last edited by coat4gun; 06/29/16.

Luke 22:36
εγώ δεν θα συμμορφωθεί
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I believe you are looking for immediate resolution to a problem that has taken decades to unravel. Piling on more law and restrictions is today's answer, but not the answer we really need.

Do you agree we have become a less tolerant society than we were 40 years ago?

The opposite affect of a liberating society of the 60's and 70's has gotten us to where we are today, not cell phones, cigarettes and whiskey...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shrapnel

I believe you are looking for immediate resolution to a problem that has taken decades to unravel. Piling on more law and restrictions is today's answer, but not the answer we really need.

The opposite affect of a liberating society of the 60's and 70's has gotten us to where we are today, not cell phones, cigarettes and whiskey...

Concur 100%.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Fo sho, the chicks in the 60's were into that "Free Love gig" or "Love everybody". Did my best to accommodate them. grin

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Are you a trucker?

I don't know how that is pertinent but yes, I am.

East bound and down as I type.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
like factual evidence shows testing whilst driving accidents are on the rise.

Might be a clue there.

Feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Remember when you bet me $65 that Trump wouldn't make it past the first round of primaries? That was fugkin' hilarious.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Of course I do, and I offered to pay. Now you can explain how it correlates to the subject at hand.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
So what do you propose we should do NOW to stem the almost 60% increase in accidents due to texting?

Ban phones.

Dave

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Of course I do, and I offered to pay. Now you can explain how it correlates to the subject at hand.

It demonstrates how smart you are.

Dave

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by k20350
Young girl rear ended a buddy of mine at a stop light while texting. He explained to her that she should write a letter to the trailer manufacturer for building such strong bumpers cause thats what saved her from being bathed in 9000 gallons of Hydrochloric Acid.

She told your buddy and the cops she was texting?

Clark

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by coat4gun

Dang, thats the longest post I have ever seen you write....

My fingers hurt.

Dave

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
'Bluetooth' is one thing...holding some 'smartphone' in one mitt and texting with the other is quite different - and dangerous as hell.

It's the latter that just pizzes me off - AND has caused innumerable accidents nation-wide....in fact, becoming the number one cause..

If the driver finds a shoulder and stops to call/text - fine.. But the majority don't - at least not around here.. And the biggest offenders are women.

Honestly did not know you were a truck driver deflave.. A tow-truck driver I know who comes in for coffee wears what looks to be a hard-plastic 'necklace' that has his mike and phone connected.. Looks weird as hell but it works very well.. smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Redneck
'Bluetooth' is one thing...holding some 'smartphone' in one mitt and texting with the other is quite different - and dangerous as hell.

Again, using the Bluetooth is no less distracting than using the phone itself. People claim it is, but it's a lie.

And clearly new laws are not going to change the behavior of any person that feels they should remove two hands from the steering wheel and type as they drive down a highway.

When the first laws regarding texting and driving were passed, accidents INCREASED. This was due to people no longer keeping phones at eye level in an attempt to avoid a ticket.

So again, the laws accomplish nothing other than removing more freedoms from people that can use a phone and common sense simultaneously. It's just more feel good bullschit.

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm reminded of that movie "10" where Dudley Moore stares at Bo Derek, and drives his Rolls-Royce right into the back of a police car grin

I guess we should also ban attractive women in the cars beside us, or visible from the road. smirk

Texting in traffic? Dumb. Texting at a light, maybe okay. texting in traffic? No.

But I do like the idea of a roof mounted, remote controlled paintball gun, to splat distracted drivers, or tailgaters. grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I understand there's some big words but..

Cognitive Distractions: Hands Free vs. Hand Held & Voice to Text

link

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I understand there's some big words but..

Cognitive Distractions: Hands Free vs. Hand Held & Voice to Text

link

You are not a very bright person.

No offense.

Dave

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm crushed.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The majority of those links support my narrative. You should read them.

This one is especially funny given the fact that dumb ass politicians in 37 states (and their equally dumb ass supporters) ban cell phone use based on age. The further they were from 18, the more distracted:

http://wayne.edu/newsroom/release/2...orists-worse-at-texting-and-driving-5504

But hey, historically speaking Boomers love stupid laws.

Dave

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

438 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 1Longbow, 22kHornet, 53 invisible), 2,380 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,743
Posts18,495,126
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.