Print Thread
Hop To
Page 29 of 33 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I am missing an empty NBRAra he bag. grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Scott F
I am missing an empty NBRAra he bag. grin

Did you look in the microwave?

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It is a joke. I gave a new NRA bag to Jon to replace the one he lost a while back. He was trying to swipe my 358 while I wasn't looking so I thought I should get him back.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
^^^^^

I figgered as much!

laugh

Founder

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got home safe and sound a while ago. Great time, thanks to all. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I sure am glad that all you guys and gals had such a great time there so next spring (winter here) I hope to hit the trail for Tonto gathering. A person can go just so long w ithout having some of Kent's great cooking.

I am looking forward to four more sessions of radiation and had my last chemo injection today. Anyway, until the first part of September after they do a CT scan and determine what else, if any, I might need.

Both my doctors today were happy with how I have been able to hold up under some mighty strong stuff. I know why and all you folks that have been praying for me know also. Our God is much stronger than anything or anybody else and I think that when enough people lift me before Him He answers our prayers in a positive way. He says "I will have mercy upon who I will have mercy." I'm sure that your prayers and the prayers of many other friends is what caused Him to extend His mercies to me.

Not to assume that I'm out of the woods yet but I really am feeling much better. O, I stopped coughing up blood over a week ago and my weight is staying exactly the same.

Thank all of you for the kind thoughts and prayers. Please don't stop yet.

Ivan

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Ivan, missed ya amigo.

Stay strong, get well and see you at Tonto!

Kent

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Ivan, glad to see you're holding up.
Hope you can get to one of the get-to-gethers.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
ScottF - Told you that was sig line material!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ivan, glad to hear things are looking good. I'll make the Tonto trip with you next go round.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by mark shubert
ScottF - Told you that was sig line material!

Did it just for you. grin

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
As always, krp was fab with our vittles. Thanks to all who contributed $$ to that pot and/or brought food, to those who volunteered labor for setups/takedowns, to Randy from Frog Level who provided lots of target spots and to Blue for the constant coffee pot.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
How many people attended the shoot out? A ball park number will do. That looks like a lot of fun in a great place. I see nothing but good times in the photo's for which, I thank those who have gone to all the trouble of posting them. They let those of us who did not attend, be right there with all of you who were. You folks who attended are the real America and the whole country needs more like you and do more of that kind of thing. Good on all of you.

Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A hearty thanks goes out to Kent for once again feeding the crowd with some of the best food one can imagine in the middle of nowhere. And to Ben & Company for the most excellent burritos and cobblers. To Blue for providing steel, to Paul and Dennis for arranging the various shoots, to Scott for ramrodding the bowling pin setup and Brian for providing guns and ammo for some of the shooters, and to Joe and the others (don't know who they are) for sponsoring the belt buckle awards, and to all the women for putting up with their men and the rest of us, and to all for pitching in where ever necessary, pulling targets, setting up and tearing down, or whatever.

It was a good time. Thanks to everyone.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by BobWills
How many people attended the shoot out? A ball park number will do. That looks like a lot of fun in a great place. I see nothing but good times in the photo's for which, I thank those who have gone to all the trouble of posting them. They let those of us who did not attend, be right there with all of you who were. You folks who attended are the real America and the whole country needs more like you and do more of that kind of thing. Good on all of you.

I think I heard Kent say his meal headcount saturday was like 50!

It's quite a gathering!!

Founder

WS

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Standing in one spot saturday during the presentation I counted 49, could have had a kid or two out playing away from the old folks... but 49 plus Norm had to go home friday after being there a few days... so 50.

Thought about a guest register but we aren't a wedding or funeral... just some American hicks shooting chit with guns and mouths.

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Last year we had 54, some of the regulars like the Holbrook family just couldn't make it, Ken passed... but we had at least 10 new faces. We always have new faces and some that want to come but unable. Our pool of folks that have attended in the past is around 80, and new folks always show up. One of these times we will hit over 60 and possibly 70.

Kent

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Originally Posted by Paladin
On another note, I ended up with a set of earmuffs marked Upshaw.

And lost a black coffee cup marked VES, although the lost cup isn't a big deal.

David, those would be my earmuffs... Hang on to them and I'll get them next time we get together. Use them if you need too!

Mike and I made it to my house, last night (Monday) around 11pm. Headed on down to his place today.

Thanks to all for such a great time. Special thanks to KRP for the great food. The fellows that put on the Quemado Gathering always do a great job, Thanks to all.

Randy, I'll bring them to the next get together and you can pick them up then.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
bob one of the things that has made it fascinating through the years is the great diversity in backgrounds, geographic backgrounds, and so on. Translated a great chance to meet people from all over the country.
In the five years or so they have been going on, and it should be mentioned they were were started for Dr. Ken Howell, i don't think i have ever seen any episodes of drunk stuff and so on. And each year even better more women and kids in attendence.
Both are pretty cool.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I've NEVER seen a serious disagreement at Q - although LR was a no-show this year, in spite of his promise.
Damm, I really wanted to see his basic composition.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 29 of 33 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (01Foreman400, 17Hunter, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 69 invisible), 2,677 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,602
Posts18,473,605
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.