Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
The idiots don't practice with their friggen pistols and they believe any rifle is their answer??? Jackasses.

A rifle with as minimal training as they get with the pistol. Barely enough on how to operate it; none on how to effectively employ it.

So true, how do you effectively train 35,000 police offices. Or any large municipality. Where the majority of the police offices have no background with firearms. The NYPD qualifies twice a year. 99.9% of them have never fired a firearm until they join the police department. Think about it, they shoot on average 200 rounds in 12 months, most of us do that every two months, And I am being conservative I'm sure it is higher than that.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Nah, but TLEE did paint my portrait on a couple of cave walls while he was teaching the Clovis people how to draw. Ed

That's only because the Clovis shaman, ingwe, was too illiterate to paint by numbers.

You gotta give Ingwe credit, though. He DID teach them to kill their Mastodons before trying to eat them.
I think he invented the first bandages, too, after cutting himself so many times trying to learn how to knap flint.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by DINK
I think the campfire is the only place where all 1911's work all the time and no one misses in a gunfight.

Dink

You left out the fact that any one person here is smarter than the rest of the folks, too. Just ask them. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BamBam
The idiots don't practice with their friggen pistols and they believe any rifle is their answer??? Jackasses.

A rifle with as minimal training as they get with the pistol. Barely enough on how to operate it; none on how to effectively employ it.

So true, how do you effectively train 35,000 police offices.

Methodically.

But that is a pipe dream due to the cost in time, equipment, personnel hours etc which you allude to.

The San Francisco Police Department only went to semi autos after a similar incident in November of 1994 when Jim Guelff was shot while reloading his revolver. Guelff showed up against a nut job with more guns and more cover than the Officer did.

Over a thousand rounds were fired that night but only four or five people were hit; Guelff, the maniac, another Officer, and an EMT downrange (as I recall).

http://www.nytimes.com/1994/11/15/us/25-minutes-of-terror-in-san-francisco.html

Officers grumbled for years as a uniform pistol (M96) with a better round, the newish 40 S&W was proposed in January but was rejected due to the cost in training hours and rounds and the political fallout over the screamers who cry the cops are equipped too much like the military.

Most cops can't even march let alone bound with overwatch.

It's all about money and politics.

Last edited by Ranger_Green; 07/21/16.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Wonder if they're going to require a 6# trigger on the rifles, too. I bet the safety on an AR is going to cause major problems.

Anyone want to take bets on how many ND's there will be because the "operators" will leave the safety in the "off" position because it takes too long to turn it off and they might forget to in a fight?

Ed

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by BamBam
So true, how do you effectively train 35,000 police offices. Or any large municipality. Where the majority of the police offices have no background with firearms. The NYPD qualifies twice a year. 99.9% of them have never fired a firearm until they join the police department. Think about it, they shoot on average 200 rounds in 12 months, most of us do that every two months, And I am being conservative I'm sure it is higher than that.

Now throw in the lack of dynamic shooting training and you have a recipe for disaster.

I wonder if the PD will conduct transition training?

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
And you missed the point.
No he didn't Steelhead-you just can't stand it when someone gives it back to you.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by whelennut
I always thought the 12 gauge with buckshot was a good law enforcement tool.

By the way Steelhead the Yankees won the civil war. I read that I wasn't there.
whelennut
Don't talk facts with Steelhead, it really confuses him, and makes him have another hissy fit.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by SBTCO
BamBam,

Only hits count.

You're batting 1000 in all your gunfights correct?

Doesn't matter. Too many LEO's/mil./civ. have stopped bad guys with first/second/third round hits to prove me wrong.

When you were serving did you expect to dump a full mag before you'd connect, in an altercation?

I'm in no way trying to make light of a bad deal, especially when good people get killed. But at some point lessons need to be learned from others mistakes. There comes a time when getting the projectiles INTO the BG does more good than littering the surroundings with lead, not to mention the potential for collateral damage..

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 63 invisible), 2,392 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,271
Posts18,486,613
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.