Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Trump knew what Cruz was going to say, let him speak anyway.

http://nypost.com/2016/07/21/trump-knew-what-cruz-was-going-to-say-let-him-speak-anyway/

This is causing the party to unify toward Trump. Trump is no dummy, he read Cruz speech, and let him give it.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
GB1

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
What the Cruz apologists fail to grasp is that his cry baby sore loser speech was his way of saying well if you didn't nominate me I'd rather see the country suffer under Hitlary than support my party and it's candidate.

What the cruz haters fail to see is that he handed Donald, on a platter, the gift of party unity.

A scant few days ago, the nevertrump movement still had a pulse.

Now it doesn't, and people are getting behind the New York guy.

Maybe it wasn't an accident?

and Cruz outlined many of the items that are on Trump's platform, the wall, immigration, Isis, etc.

For anyone to read into it he's asking them to vote Hillary so he can make another run is just stupid. No offense. He wants Trump's platform - he just won't say the magic word, 'endorse'.

Last edited by RWE; 07/21/16.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Trump knew what Cruz was going to say, let him speak anyway.

http://nypost.com/2016/07/21/trump-knew-what-cruz-was-going-to-say-let-him-speak-anyway/

This is causing the party to unify toward Trump. Trump is no dummy, he read Cruz speech, and let him give it.

I'm sure it's no coincidence that Trump speaks after Cruz.

He will outline all the reasons that anti Trump republicans should vote for him tonight and make Cruz look like a petty little baby.

Cruz thinks he's the second coming of Reagan. Too bad for him Reagan was likable.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by fats
No way I would have endorsed Donald either after he trashed Ted's family. So what if he pledged. Donald went too far, didn't apologize.

Just exactly how did Trump trash Cruz's family. Be specific with cites and/or links.

Thanks.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Trump's a big boy and can handle it. He made his own bed and now he has to sleep in it. After all the personal attacks during the primaries, I would have actually lost respect for him if he endorsed. I'm still going to oppose Hillary though either way.

So is Ted. He said this morning he ain't voting for Hillary.
But he ain't endorsing the man who maligned his wife and his father.
I find it hilarious, in a dark and sarcastic way, that all y'all who are anti-Trump and went on and on about how he'd break his pledge if somebody else was nominated, now think it's just a-okay for these pouges to renig on their own pledges. Just shows you what kind of pussies people like Televangelist Ted are.

IC B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SakoAV
Originally Posted by fats
No way I would have endorsed Donald either after he trashed Ted's family. So what if he pledged. Donald went too far, didn't apologize.

Just exactly how did Trump trash Cruz's family. Be specific with cites and/or links.

Thanks.

Why?

It was discussed here ad nauseum in the primaries.

How does that beat Hillary?

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I find it hilarious, in a dark and sarcastic way, that all y'all who are anti-Trump and went on and on about how he'd break his pledge if somebody else was nominated, now think it's just a-okay for these pouges to renig on their own pledges. Just shows you what kind of pussies people like Televangelist Ted are.

i find this funny too:

March 30, 2016.

Donald Trump said Tuesday that he would no longer honor his pledge to support the eventual Republican nominee for president, while fellow candidates Ted Cruz and John Kasich refused to say whether they would back the party's pick.

When asked if he would keep the pledge he signed last September, Trump responded "No, I won’t." The real estate mogul explained that he was taking back the pledge because, "I have been treated very unfairly," and listed the Republican National Committee and party establishment among those he believes have wronged him.

Thank heavens he won the nomination, huh?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
What the Cruz apologists fail to grasp is that his cry baby sore loser speech was his way of saying well if you didn't nominate me I'd rather see the country suffer under Hitlary than support my party and it's candidate.

What the cruz haters fail to see is that he handed Donald, on a platter, the gift of party unity.

A scant few days ago, the nevertrump movement still had a pulse.

Now it doesn't, and people are getting behind the New York guy.

Maybe it wasn't an accident?

and Cruz outlined many of the items that are on Trump's platform, the wall, immigration, Isis, etc.

For anyone to read into it he's asking them to vote Hillary so he can make another run is just stupid. No offense. He wants Trump's platform - he just won't say the magic word, 'endorse'.

Cruz lacked ability to do a single beneficial thing for Trump. His endorsement wouldn't have mattered. Trump is going to win without Cruz. In fact, Trump would have kept Cruz at bay. No. Trump is brilliant. He gave Cruz national, prime-time exposure for a reason. He allowed Cruz to expose himself to the nation that he has no honor or integrity, and he's of piss-poor character. Trump accorded Cruz opportunity to show America why Cruz was not qualified to become president. There is no doubt in my mind that he suffers mental illness.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I thought it was a remarkable thing to watch on live TV.

As was noted by some of the commentators, Cruz started off with the support of the entire crowd and a chance to establish himself as a future player.

Astonishing to watch him commit political career suicide in that manner. Other than refusing to give the crowd what it wanted I can't recall any significant message from his speech.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by 1Longbow
A mans word is his bond. He took an oath to support who ever won. He and the rest can take a hike !

"The day that was abdicated was the day this became personal," Cruz said. "I'm not going to get into criticizing or attacking Donald Trump, but I'll give you this response: I am not in the habit of supporting people who attack my wife and attack my father."
"And that pledge was not a blanket commitment that if you go and slander and attack Heidi, I'm going to nonetheless come like a servile puppy dog and say thank you very much for maligning my wife and my father," he added.

Bows (and others), all is fair game in politics, love and war, nothing is at all sacred,,,NOTHING. Cruz was not the debater many thought him to be and not at all the communicator many thought him to be. His speil last night clearly showed that to me.

He came across as a very small, petulant man with a very limited focus and that focus was on self and nothing more. I'm thinking he would have made one hell of an Attorney General for Trump. Beyond his district in Tejas, he's as dead as last years turnip.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You guys are incredible. If someone personally attacked you repeatedly and attacked your family, you wouldn't endorse him. If he did it one time in the heat of the moment in a battle, that would be one thing. Chalk it up to fog of political war and move on. But he did it over and over and over again. And not only that, he did it gleefully, talking pleasure as he dug the knife in deeper and deeper.

Many people here like Trump because he doesn't take crap from people and he stands up for himself. But you can't take it when the roles are reversed. Cruz is standing up for his principles and his personal honor. Something you respect Trump for. Cruz is standing up against the RNC mob. Something you respect Trump for supposedly.

A pledge is sacred you say but a pledge as an endorsement for blind loyalty isn't honorable. It's just a ticket to mass psychosis. You applaud Trump for going against the grain and not being an establishment hack. Yet you expect Cruz to genuflect and kiss the ring of a guy who showed him zero dignity. That's not a bigger and better man, that's a sheep and a broken man.

I respect him more now than I did before.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
O Patriot, it's politics, bro. Get past it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The brilliance of what Ted did last night escapes all of you....you just wait till next time Ted will be in the most sincere pumpkin patch and the great pumpkin will come and make him president you'll see

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

All I'm saying is that if someone made the kind and volume of personal attacks on me and my family, I wouldn't forgive that person and endorse them. And I know that many of the people here would stand up for themselves, their principles and their family first, despite the "politics". But because it's Trump and it's the Campfire, all that goes out the window. And again, despite what many here say, a person can oppose Hillary and still not endorse Trump. Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Planed !! Just like I said last night ! …Trump knew the speech before hand.. ..Cruz gives it …Trump appears on cue……the Trump/GOP/Cruz etc are all over the headlines = Bingo

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

All I'm saying is that if someone made the kind and volume of personal attacks on me and my family, I wouldn't forgive that person and endorse them. And I know that many of the people here would stand up for themselves, their principles and their family first, despite the "politics". But because it's Trump and it's the Campfire, all that goes out the window. And again, despite what many here say, a person can oppose Hillary and still not endorse Trump. Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

I clearly see your point,O.P., but where was Ted's "integrity" with his lies that he was called on by Trump and his subsequent backtracking and deflecting on the same?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
HILLARY IS READING every WORD ..of any one at thier convention ... ..to inclued the thug moms / cop killers!

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by atvalaska
HILLARY IS READING every WORD ..of any one at thier convention ... ..to inclued the thug moms / cop killers!

Are you autistic by chance?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by atvalaska

Is there another convention scheduled after Trump's? Wow. that's news to me. I won't miss anything. I'll be fishing.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
The brilliance of what Ted did last night escapes all of you....you just wait till next time Ted will be in the most sincere pumpkin patch and the great pumpkin will come and make him president you'll see

laugh

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

62 members (akrange, 10gaugemag, 3333vl, 300_savage, 11 invisible), 13,954 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,335
Posts18,546,250
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.