Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 154 of 175 1 2 152 153 154 155 156 174 175
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I guess this is another example of why I not only have no faith in the justice system and why I don't shed any tears when the cops are ambushed or killed. Us against them.

As far as I'm concerned blue lives don't matter until innocent lives matter.

Those pigs, prosecutors and the sheriff can rot in hell.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Let me see if I have this straight. If I am in Idaho and someone hist my bull with a car them I am called to dispatch my bull I should expect to be shot a bunch of times for bringing a gun.

No charges filed. How about animal cruelty for the officer shooting the injured bull several time in the gut?

If I were to shoot an adult bull in the head as he was laying down would anyone expect a 204 round to exit?

I am anything but anti cop but this sounds more like that bulls bowel movements than justice.

Hard to believe country cops could know so little about live in their county.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I don't shed any tears when the cops are ambushed or killed. Us against them.

At least your clear about your role in forwarding that rift....so long as your okay with being as responsible for the mentality at the "bad" cops in your AO, so be it.

The good cops getting killed for whatever reason (or lack of one) and their families will, likely, get along just fine without your support.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Scott F
Let me see if I have this straight. If I am in Idaho and someone hist my bull with a car them I am called to dispatch my bull I should expect to be shot a bunch of times for bringing a gun.

No charges filed. How about animal cruelty for the officer shooting the injured bull several time in the gut?

If I were to shoot an adult bull in the head as he was laying down would anyone expect a 204 round to exit?

I am anything but anti cop but this sounds more like that bulls bowel movements than justice.

It seems lore like. A man shows up legally drunk, with a firearm and one way or another discharges a round in the direction of the cops..cops return fire.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I guess this is another example of why I not only have no faith in the justice system and why I don't shed any tears when the cops are ambushed or killed. Us against them.

99+% of cops are good and do their jobs fairly and honestly. At the end of their shift, they want to go home to the wife, kids and dog. Unfortunately, there are a number of thugs, uncivilized and smart-ass people who threaten or or otherwise cause alarm in them, and they react - sometimes tragically.

All lives matter.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gitem_12

It seems lore like. A man shows up legally drunk, with a firearm and one way or another discharges a round in the direction of the cops..cops return fire.

I see your point but since no one knows when he shot it leave a lot to guess about.

I have killed a lot of cows all with a 22. Never shot one in the gut and never had to use a second shot. Drunk or sober if they had let him do the job they called him to do we would not be having this discussion.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

I see your point but since no one knows when he shot it leave a lot to guess about.

I have killed a lot of cows all with a 22. Never shot one in the gut and never had to use a second shot. Drunk or sober if they had let him do the job they called him to do we would not be having this discussion.

You find no responsibility for the outcome on the deceased?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Statement as entered into evidence was that he fired at them first. At this point that is accepted fact

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NH K9
I don't shed any tears when the cops are ambushed or killed.
At least you're clear about your role in forwarding that rift....

It's pretty easy to understand how some productive taxpayers can come to feel the way that Aces does...given the injustices that we've seen over the years at the hands of some police officers.
When an employee in the productive sector offends the company’s customer base, he can expect to the censured, sanctioned, or sacked. Customers who complain about such an employee can expect that their opinions will be listened to politely and respectfully. After all, the owners of the company are vividly aware that the public can take its business elsewhere, so retaining their loyalty is a compelling priority.
In contrast, when a police officer employed in the coercive sector alienates the public through misconduct or criminal abuse, the offended 'customers' are treated with suspicion and hostility. The public will be told to accommodate the police officer’s behavior, and the 'customers' will be sternly reminded of their duty to render unconditional loyalty to the agency employing the police officer.
Since law enforcement cannot 'go out of business', it doesn’t have to worry about public disaffection. The role of police is to distribute coercion, force, and violence on behalf of the government, and the government is the only clientele that the police have to please. When a police department is informed of officer misconduct, the institutional priority is to discredit the aggrieved 'customers', rather than to listen to their complaints.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Right now what I am reading here is cop posters defending the two deputies and those who think they are guilty blaming the cops.Perhaps both sides should take time and read the Idaho Statesman article and listen to the Atty Gen's explanation.
At least it will give some insight into what may / may not have occurred rather than a lot of rampant speculation which is what is happening in these posts.

long explantion from Atty Generals office -
http://www.ktvb.com/news/local/ag-no-charges-for-deputies-who-killed-council-rancher/284200441

Idaho Statesman article -
http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/state/idaho/article92573452.html

After reading and listening my personal view is that the two deputies instigated the incident and that Adams County will pay a lot of money for their actions. Regardless a man is dead in an incident that should have never happened and no amount of money will bring him back.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D

Yantis had a blood alcohol level of .104 percent, the investigative report said. A level of .08 percent is considered intoxicated for motorists in Idaho. Wasden said “there’s nothing illegal about that in terms of being at his house.”

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/state/idaho/article92573452.html#storylink=cpy

This will add a bit of clarity.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Ates and Hates: You're so cute when you're being macho. And extremely narrow minded.

If you ever need a cop, you'll probably whine that they didn't get to your aid in time.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by drover

Yantis had a blood alcohol level of .104 percent, the investigative report said. A level of .08 percent is considered intoxicated for motorists in Idaho. Wasden said “there’s nothing illegal about that in terms of being at his house.”

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/state/idaho/article92573452.html#storylink=cpy

This will add a bit of clarity.

drover

Th point being that...don't you think someone legally intoxicated may not make the appropriate decisions at such a time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I want to know where the .204 bullet was found.

Two readings I'm seeing here. Yantis fired his rifle "at" the deputies or Yantis fired his rifle "in the direction" of the deputies. That would be the big difference between justified shooting and overreacting.

Guy shows up with a rifle, he's drunk with bad muzzle and trigger control and has an ND in their direction, deputies kill him for that.

OR

Guy shows up with a rifle, he's drunk and careless where he's pointing the rifle, the deputy or deputies say something to him which sets him off, he deliberately fires at them, they kill him for that.

Hopefully the full forensics report will show where they found that .204 bullet.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Attorney General determines there is insufficient evidence....

Used to be that was left up to a jury of your peers.

I'm especially confused by the testimony of both deputies saying he fired a shot towards them.

And there was an empty case in the chamber.

But the blood on the .204 bullet they found was Yantis'.

So how did Yantis fire a shot toward the deputies, and yet the bullet hit Yantis?

That would seem to put the testimony of the deputies into serious doubt.

Investigators also found a .20-caliber round at the scene, and Yantis’ .204-caliber rifle had an empty shell casing in the chamber. An FBI ballistics expert who tested the .20-caliber round could not conclusively establish that the bullet came from Yantis’ rifle. Blood on the round was tested and found to be that of Yantis, the report said.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Calhoun
The Attorney General determines there is insufficient evidence....

Used to be that was left up to a jury of your peers.

I'm especially confused by the testimony of both deputies saying he fired a shot towards them.

And there was an empty case in the chamber.

But the blood on the .204 bullet they found was Yantis'.

So how did Yantis fire a shot toward the deputies, and yet the bullet hit Yantis?

That would seem to put the testimony of the deputies into serious doubt.

Investigators also found a .20-caliber round at the scene, and Yantis’ .204-caliber rifle had an empty shell casing in the chamber. An FBI ballistics expert who tested the .20-caliber round could not conclusively establish that the bullet came from Yantis’ rifle. Blood on the round was tested and found to be that of Yantis, the report said.

Scroll up and you'll see a very simple explanation for that...and likely something similar happened

And it's usually up to prosecutors to determine whether they fIle charges or not

Last edited by gitem_12; 07/29/16.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Statement as entered into evidence was that he fired at them first. At this point that is accepted fact

There was also a statement he was grabbed from behind and turned around. If he was ready to shoot, finger on the trigger and jerked around that would account for his shot.

But none of us were there and we will never know what really happened. As you well know four witnesses can tell 20 different accounts of the same incident.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by NH K9
I don't shed any tears when the cops are ambushed or killed. Us against them.

At least your clear about your role in forwarding that rift....so long as your okay with being as responsible for the mentality at the "bad" cops in your AO, so be it.

The good cops getting killed for whatever reason (or lack of one) and their families will, likely, get along just fine without your support.

George

I strive to be clear. At least your (sic) clear about your role in forwarding that rift....so long as you're okay with carrying the knowledge that bad cops nationwide along with the "good" ones that never speak out against them fosters the rift. I don't consider a cop "good" just because he hasn't murdered an innocent man. I consider a cop "good" when he doesn't accept bad behavior from his blue brothers.

As for my AO, the 3 deputies around here are good and honest men. Men that I'd run to help without a second thought. Outside of my "AO" I'll watch and ignore any pleas for help.

Your taking exception to my post but not taking exception to the murder of an innocent man is precisely the attitude that I'm talking about. And yeah those killed will get along without my support. Just like Mrs. Yantis will get along without your support. Eventually, and the day is fast approaching where you boys in blue will be begging for the support of law abiding citizens like me. Unfortunately for you guys your cries for help and support will fall on deaf ears with long memories.

A little advice from a "civilian".......If you think that by virtue of cashing a government check is enough to elevate you and yours above the law, you're in for a rude awakening. You think we need you, we don't. You damn sure need "us", if for nothing else but a paycheck. Likely much much more when the day comes

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Scroll up and you'll see a very simple explanation for that...and likely something similar happened

And it's usually up to prosecutors to determine whether they fIle charges or not
If the bullet impacted near his feet close enough for him to fall on it, it again casts a LOT of doubt that he was firing at a deputy. Unless you count firing at the ground near their feet. Yeah. Sure.

Prosecutorial discretion - not just for Hillary.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yantis' rifle had an empty .204 case in it. One .204 bullet was found at the scene, yet the FBI can't conclusively establish that the bullet came from Yantis' rifle.

Okay, that's a valid statement. They can't conclusively match the bullet to the barrel. So how many other .204 rifles were at the scene?

I think the guy on the grassy knoll was the second .204 shooter.....

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Page 154 of 175 1 2 152 153 154 155 156 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 61 invisible), 2,542 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,179
Posts18,484,697
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.