Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BarryC
Daniel Defense is selling firearms to agencies in California that mere serfs like you and I aren't able to purchase.

Time to boycott DD.

http://www.championnewspapers.com/news/article_e8581fba-5043-11e6-8c54-8f5ed4371594.html

You probably never bought anything from them anyway, so it's not like a boycott will require you to do anything at all.

You should worry about your "morality" and let others take care of their own.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Barrett set a good example. Sorry that Daniel Defense won't follow it.

^^^This^^^

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I'm kind of conflicted about it.

It just doesn't rest well with me considering how CA tramples over the 2nd Amendment, when it's citizens are concerned.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by twofish
DD stuff is good to go. I don't get why you guys are whining about somebody running their business as they see fit. Kind of reminds me of how the libtards want "tolerance" until someone has an opinion that differs from their own.

Also, I don't see anything in the description of the rifle that you cannot own if you wish.

Spot on.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I guess some of you approve of the way the Clinton's do business too.

Yeah, the Clinton's and Daniel Defense, same same. crazy

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We need to put our time and energy into defeating clinton.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Aside from the "morality" issue, this is a total waste of taxpayer money.

$2442 for each rifle? Why not just buy the Ruger AR? It lists for about $700 and would be less in quantity. Oh, it doesn't meet their "specifications?" What could those be beyond adding a red-dot sight and a flashlight? $2442 is ridiculous.

And last I heard, there were something like 62 makers of AR-15s in the US. How many will still be in business when you need spare parts and service? If I were buying an AR-15, common sense would dictate considering only a strong company--Ruger, S&W, Bushmaster and the like.

Finally, why do they need to replace the M4s anyway? They claim 30,000 rounds through them. Really? Does anyone familiar with a police department believe that any cop is actually practicing shooting 2000 rounds per year? The cops I know very rarely practice shooting (once a year, maybe) and are not very good marksmen.

And even if they do have 30,000 rounds through 'em, what wears out? Rebarrel? New bolt group? The AR-15 is modular and you can replace stuff very inexpensively.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Transfer of cash from Ca. to Ga. is always a good thing. Laffin.

*Master of random precision*
BarryC Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM
DD stuff is good to go. I don't get why you guys are whining about somebody running their business as they see fit. Kind of reminds me of how the libtards want "tolerance" until someone has an opinion that differs from their own.

Also, I don't see anything in the description of the rifle that you cannot own if you wish.

Spot on.

Spot wrong.

California citizens can't buy the suppressors that were part of the deal. None of the rifles they sold that department could be purchased by a normal California Citizen. Do you really think those ARs have permanently attached magazines, lack pistol grips and muzzle breaks and conform to whatever other kooky regs California citizens are supposed to comply with?

I think that's the worst part of this - the ignorance and indifference shown by gun owners.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't care much for any Firearm business selling to an Anti-Gun State, but this is business and I understand very well why they are doing it. 24 hundred bucks a pop for a DD in my opinion DD is getting the better part of the deal. The only thing I have from DD is a couple of their barrels. There isn't an AR on the market I would pay 2400 dollars for and i don't give dam who makes it.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B3

BarryC Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Business should be guided by morality. If it's not, it's time to make them feel some pain.

Ohhh, yeah. heh.

Daniel Defense has taken the High Road before, at least with their mouths. Academy Sports pulled their product off the shelves after Orlando and DD "fired" them. Now the entire state of California pulls their products and all we get from DD is pandering.

http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/06/16/daniel-defense-fires-academy-sports-moral-cowardice/

Daniel Defense “Fires” Academy Sports For Moral Cowardice

Posted at 6:11 pm on June 16, 2016 by Bob Owens

Daniel Defense DDM4 rifles was a strong-selling product line for Academy Sports. The sporting good chain literally couldn’t keep the premium AR-style rifles on the shelves in the chain’s firearms departments.

Now they’ve lost the right to try, after the chain disgracefully pulled all their AR-15s off of public display in the wake of the deadliest Islamic terrorist attack since 9/11 by an American-borne supporter of ISIS, but still sold the most popular kind of rifle in the nation from behind the counter, as if they were adult magazines.

Upon hearing of Academy’s behavior late yesterday, Daniel Defense immediately terminated their relationship with the chain, which had been rumored to have carried out similarly weaselly actions before.

Today, they issued this release to the public.

Daniel Defense Terminates Relationship with Academy Sports

Black Creek, GA- June 16, 2016. Daniel Defense—engineer and manufacture of the world’s finest firearms, precision rail systems, and accessories— Has announced it will no longer sell firearms to Academy Sports due to their decision to remove MSR’s from their website and in-store displays.

Letter to all Daniel Defense Distributors:

“As you know we take our partnership with our stocking retailers very seriously. We are committed to serving and supplying them at the highest level and expect our retailers to have that same level of commitment to our brand and our industry. Unfortunately, Academy Sports has made a corporate decision, in the wake of the recent terrorist attack, to remove all MSRs from their website and in-store displays. Academy Sports has communicated that they intend to continue to sell the MSR category of firearms without displaying or advertising them publicly. As a prominent MSR brand, Daniel Defense cannot support decisions that are completely contrary to the values of our company and industry. Therefore, as of today, June 16th, I request that you place Academy Sports on a Do Not Sell list for all Daniel Defense products and terminate any shipments to their stores or distribution centers. It is unfortunate that we have to make this decision, but it is clearly the right thing to do for our brand, our industry and our constitutional right. Thank you for your support.”

Bill Robinson, VP of Sales

“Academy’s decision clearly segregates firearms by their appearance, which sends a dangerous message to our politicians that it’s acceptable to do so. We as an industry must stand and fight, together.”

Marty Daniel, President and CEO

Daniel Defense clearly is going to lose money by pulling their product line from a store that had more than 200 locations in 15 states, but their decision was clearly the right one.

It seems probable that other firearms will follow Daniel Defense’s lead and terminate their relationship with Academy Sports. No one likes being associated with fairweather friends and sunshine patriots.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

It just doesn't rest well with me considering how CA tramples over the 2nd Amendment, when it's citizens are concerned.
So basically what you're saying is the police should only purchase inferior weapons that put them at greater risk of being wounded or killed?

You guys just can't make it through the day without having something stupid to waste your time pizzing and moaning about. What's tomorrow's protest going to be? A national protest of some knitting commpany because they sold "tactical" pot holders to the army?

You guys seriously need to get a life.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM

Oh yeah, that's another stupid statement.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
We need to put our time and energy into defeating clinton.
Exactly.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM

Spot on.

Spot wrong.

California citizens can't buy the suppressors that were part of the deal. None of the rifles they sold that department could be purchased by a normal California Citizen. Do you really think those ARs have permanently attached magazines, lack pistol grips and muzzle breaks and conform to whatever other kooky regs California citizens are supposed to comply with?

I think that's the worst part of this - the ignorance and indifference shown by gun owners.
Why would you possibly blame the Police Dept. for this situation. You and your neighbors voted the liberals into office. Pull up your big boy pants and go after them, not Daniel Defense.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bea175
I don't care much for any Firearm business selling to an Anti-Gun State, but this is business and I understand very well why they are doing it. 24 hundred bucks a pop for a DD in my opinion DD is getting the better part of the deal. The only thing I have from DD is a couple of their barrels. There isn't an AR on the market I would pay 2400 dollars for and i don't give dam who makes it.
Agreed.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Originally Posted by EdM

Oh yeah, that's another stupid statement.

Ed was being ironic.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM

Spot on.

Spot wrong.

Why would you possibly blame the Police Dept. for this situation. You and your neighbors voted the liberals into office. Pull up your big boy pants and go after them, not Daniel Defense.

Barry is not in the PRK, IIRC.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

So basically what you're saying is the police should only purchase inferior weapons that put them at greater risk of being wounded or killed?

You guys just can't make it through the day without having something stupid to waste your time pizzing and moaning about. What's tomorrow's protest going to be? A national protest of some knitting commpany because they sold "tactical" pot holders to the army?

Compadre, I suspect MM knows a bit more than most about the capabilities of an AR, and the defense of Freedom. I also suspect he has more of a life - and enjoys it more fully - than most on here.

There ain't one damned thing wrong with his statement, IMO.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That about covers it.....

Course.....bitching, moaning, and pointing fingers is a lot easier.....

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (35, akrange, 7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 10 invisible), 1,543 guests, and 798 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,627
Posts18,492,935
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.