Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
All y'all VA folks on here; if you're interested in helping to fix VA's concealed carry law, send me a PM.

Here's the gist - in 1995, VA went from a "may issue" permit to a "shall issue" permit. In getting that right, there was a political amendment slipped into the bill that changed the permit from a "concealed weapons permit" to a "concealed handgun permit", meaning that even though a licensed concealed carry permit holder can lawfully carry a firearm, they cannot carry any non-firearm "arm" that is prohibited by statute. The list of prohibited arms started by in the Jim Crow era and has been added to over the years, covering a LOT of arms that folks ought to be able to carry as well as a nasty little "and any of like kind" provision that allows a prosecutor and judge to determine whether something is or is not verboten.

That needs to get fixed, and there's a movement afoot to do so. So, if you're a Virginia resident and want to help fix this SNAFU, send me a PM and I'll get you more info on it.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ok, I'm interested. I'm curious though, does this cover things like brass knuckles, switch blades and throwing stars, etc. ? Bob

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It would, yes. That's the cleanest "fix", and what was permitted under the pre-1995 "may issue" permit before a "left hook" political amendment was added.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good luck. Nebraska's concealed carry is for handguns only, and there's no real hope of changing that unless a bunch of other states do it first. So I'm cheering for ya.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Good luck. Nebraska's concealed carry is for handguns only, and there's no real hope of changing that unless a bunch of other states do it first. So I'm cheering for ya.

Appreciate that. We'll keep you posted. The template is a solid one, and it ought to work in NE as well. All bullschit aside, if you're interested in what is going on out this way in this regard, I'll PM it to you and offer to help in getting something similar worked up for NE that y'all can then use out there.

IC B2

4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
^

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Bobmar
Ok, I'm interested. I'm curious though, does this cover things like brass knuckles, switch blades and throwing stars, etc. ? Bob

I"d sure hope so. Not a thing wrong with any of those.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'd be interested in looking at the information.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Ha Ha, good luck with that one!

While I agree that stuff should be legal, I think it's pretty unlikely anyone in the legislature is going to introduce or sponsor a bill to legalize it again.
I can see the headlines now," Governor McAwful Vetoes Republican Brass Knuckle Restoration Act".

What fresh Hell is this?
4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Ha Ha, good luck with that one!

While I agree that stuff should be legal, I think it's pretty unlikely anyone in the legislature is going to introduce or sponsor a bill to legalize it again.
I can see the headlines now," Governor McAwful Vetoes Republican Brass Knuckle Restoration Act".

Well, you'd be wrong.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Maybe it'll spread to Maryland. whistle

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Not sure even God could help MD at this point. wink

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My family colonized Maryland. Our family left it's mark all over the state. Carroll county for instance. It's truly depressing what it has become.

Stupidity is expensive
4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
If your family did that; and I have no reason to suspect they didn't, then they are rolling in their graves.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Stupidity is expensive
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A tough roe to hoe Sean. Good luck sir.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

SALUTE to yours, sir.

4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gophergunner
A tough roe to hoe Sean. Good luck sir.

Thanks. We'll win. wink

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I hate reading that old family history. Parts where it says "wealthiest man in the colony" Then they turned around and gave it all away (to the church no less) and here I am saving pennies to go to the movies.

Stupidity is expensive
4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
I hate reading that old family history. Parts where it says "wealthiest man in the colony" Then they turned around and gave it all away (to the church no less) and here I am saving pennies to go to the movies.

Had he not given it away, the .gov would have taken it in the 1860s regardless.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 12344mag, 22250rem, 219DW, 204guy, 59 invisible), 2,464 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,869
Posts18,518,003
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.