molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by victoro
Originally Posted by Wtxj
No one will sign him as he's a drunk.
No newspaper articles lately.
So I guess he's in rehab or not in Dallas right now. Maybe he went down to Mexico for a while.

He lives in Hollywood. I guess that's a little better than Mexico where he could get drugs easier. I've been a fan of Johnny Manziel since he played high school football at Kerville, Texas. He set records therethat will probably never be broken. He did great at Texas A&M but I believe being drafted by the Browns was his downfall. He only got to play when the starting quarterback was injured. When he got to play and did good he went right back to backup as soon as the starting quarterback was cleared to play. The Brown's coaching staff and managers really sucked. I don't blame him for getting frustrated but drinking and taking drugs only made it worse. At this point I'm afraid that he has damaged his brain with excessive alcohol and drugs enough to ever make a come back. I believe he has the talent to make it big playing football or baseball but I can't see it happening with his drug problems.
As totally pathetic as the Browns and their coaches are, it's not their fault at all. I highly doubt any of the coaches told him he had to go get schidtfaced every night if he wanted to meet their expectaions. He's got no one to blame but himself.

Last edited by gophergunner; 08/12/16.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Perfect example of an immature kid making too much money.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I enjoyed watching him play.
I'm astonished that booze can be so addictive to some people that it will cause them will toss away away a one-in-a-million opportunity.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

...I've been a fan of Johnny Manziel since he played high school football at Kerville, Texas. He set records therethat will probably never be broken. He did great at Texas A&M but I believe being drafted by the Browns was his downfall. He only got to play when the starting quarterback was injured. When he got to play and did good he went right back to backup as soon as the starting quarterback was cleared to play. The Brown's coaching staff and managers really sucked. I don't blame him for getting frustrated but drinking and taking drugs only made it worse...

Yea, the Browns are definitely to blame.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He comes from a "interesting" family in Tyler Texas.
USGS maps still show the "Manziel Oil Field" called out on them.
Some of his uncles were big into Cock fighting and sold fighting roosters and breeding stock.
I know there's a large building in Tyler called "The Oil Palace" built by his granddad or great granddad.
Maybe a old time Tyler resident here on the fire can chime in
some of his families dealings in and about Tyler.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Alamosa
I'm astonished that booze can be so addictive to some people that it will cause them will toss away away a one-in-a-million opportunity.
I lost my dad to alcoholism. 3 plus years of combat during WWII were very hard on him, and he turned to the bottle. I've always been bitter over it. He was my best friend, and my hero. It's a very tough habit to break, or control, or even just live with.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
"Hangin' with Ryan Leaf."

Probably true.

What a sad story. I played 5 years of high school football. Wasn't that big and I was a linebacker. I was a pretty good player, but nobody wanted to give me a scholarship. Played my senior year and that was it for me.

So, I see a guy like this, he was such a fantastic college player. Such talent, unreal.
Got drafted, had a million bucks in his pocket. Looked like he was on top of the world.
And threw it all away for booze and dope.

He didn't appreciate the gift that God had given him.
Sad.

5 years of high school.... must be a nawth care lina thing

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
David Jaynes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Brown's coaching staff and managers really sucked. I don't blame him for getting frustrated but drinking and taking drugs only made it worse.

This could very well be the funniest thing I've read all week.
Couldn't possibly be his fault - or lack of talent. whistle

It appears only a handful of Texans and John Gruden thought he'd tear up the NFL. The rest of the NFL teams (and country) know sandlot football only works at the collegiate level.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Booze is likely the least of his problems.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I saw many country acts at The Oil Palace in Tyler in the 90's...Clint Black, Alan Jackson, Restless Heart, Kenny Rogers, Reba McIntire, Ricky Van Shelton, etc.. The Manziels were an 'oil family' in Tyler, with 'oil money', and they were accustomed to having their a$$ kissed...and the Tyler political/social machine was very adept at doing just that.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by teal

Booze is likely the least of his problems.

Probably. Never been a fan of his but hate to see a young man spiral like he has.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by acooper1983
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
"Hangin' with Ryan Leaf."

Probably true.

What a sad story. I played 5 years of high school football. Wasn't that big and I was a linebacker. I was a pretty good player, but nobody wanted to give me a scholarship. Played my senior year and that was it for me.

So, I see a guy like this, he was such a fantastic college player. Such talent, unreal.
Got drafted, had a million bucks in his pocket. Looked like he was on top of the world.
And threw it all away for booze and dope.

He didn't appreciate the gift that God had given him.
Sad.

5 years of high school.... must be a nawth care lina thing

Five years of high school football.
No, it was an Atlanta thing. Back in the sixties high school was 5 years in Atlanta, 8th through 12th grade.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hanco
What is the latest, greatest on Johnny Football? He signed with anyone? Is he done?

This dumbass just needs to float away

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by baldhunter
Perfect example of an immature kid making too much money.

This

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SKane
The Brown's coaching staff and managers really sucked. I don't blame him for getting frustrated but drinking and taking drugs only made it worse.

This could very well be the funniest thing I've read all week.
Couldn't possibly be his fault - or lack of talent. whistle

It appears only a handful of Texans and John Gruden thought he'd tear up the NFL. The rest of the NFL teams (and country) know sandlot football only works at the collegiate level.

+1

I don't follow college football only the NFL, but I had heard of Johnny Football. When he made his debut in the NFL my first reaction was this kid has a long way to go. I don't know if anyone remembers his game against the Redskins where he gave the Redskins defense the middle finger in front of all the cameras. He is not mentally tough enough to make it at the professional level. It looks like he figured out he doesn't have it and he is hiding his shame behind a bottle. I hope he learns from this and comes out a better man. Only time will tell.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by hanco
What is the latest, greatest on Johnny Football? He signed with anyone? Is he done?

You mean Johnny Goofball?

I don't know whether his ego surpassed his talent or he's plagued with demons of mental illness. However, he's done been Ryan Leafed.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
David Jaynes.

I was always led to believe that his vices ran in another direction. (?)

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (1941USMC, 219 Wasp, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 1minute, 257robertsimp, 55 invisible), 2,432 guests, and 1,356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,897
Posts18,518,402
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.