Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
From the number of responses to the thread on the new, extra-large Rifle Loony hats, it's apparent some Campfire members didn't know we've been offering "standard" Rifle Loony hats for a number of years. They're $20 shipped, while the extra-large hats are $25, due to the fact that we have to pay more for them even before the logo's applied.

There's been a little run on the standard hats, and right now we don't have camo and cobalt blue in stock, but we do have slate, sage, tan and a slightly subdued blaze orange. The extra-large hats come in blue, black, tan and gray.

The standard hats fit traditional sizes up to 7-1/2, and the extra-large sizes from 7-1/2 up. So far we haven't found any rifle loony with a head too big for the extra-large models....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Did you have Stick test one?

(Mwahahahaha!)

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
glad to hear about the X-large size. I'll get one ordered.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
Son of the Gael,

Should probably add a decal of some sort for that test....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
John, do you have a link to a picture of one?

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
Bruce,

Not yet for the extra-large ones. I'll send you a couple via e-mail.

John Steinbeck
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hmmm, good looking hat, or cap I guess.

I liked the description of Loony-loonie.

Loonie sounds like what you throw to the Dancing girls in Medicine Hat.

What kind of style are they? Would you call them sort of a low front or more of a "farmer" style with the tall front?

I have a exceedingly large noggin, the contemporary style low front looks like a yarmulke on me.

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
The extra-large hats solve that problem. I wear an above-average size myself, 7-3/8 in traditional hat size, but the crown of extra-large hats covers my eyebrows!

John Steinbeck
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got my fathead hat today. I got the Tan one with the miracle fabric. Light weight looks good fits I really like the adjustment band. Nicely done John. Your wife is pleasant to deal with on the phone.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
IC B3

M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
Very glad you like it! Hope you're doing well.

Along with being pleasant, she's the one who conceived and designed the hats....

John Steinbeck
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Im doing good hope to bloody the hat on a BC Moose. Tell the Misses good job on the hat. Ill be passing thru your area on the way to BC the wife and I are gonna take a quick trip thru Glacier National Park and then Im putting her on a plane back home from Missoula before I head north.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Charles...if you are going through this way.......If Im home, you are welcome. If not, you can sleep with Rommel.Im pretty well on the move Sept./Oct. but let me know....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
Where in BC? I got a nice bull in the northern part of the province a while back. It was a 2-day drive even from here!

When are you coming through? Glacier can be great in early fall--unless it snows.

John Steinbeck
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tom
tentative plans are we are staying at Bozeman on 9-22 and then heading up to Glacier on the 23rd and staying overnight up there and then taking the Going to Sun road on the 24th and ending up at Missoula the evening of the 24th. Wife will fly out of Missoula on the morning of the 25th.

I was hoping to have time on the 23rd to take you and Ingwe wife to lunch. Ill pm you my # I was also planning on stopping in at your old place of employment and looking at guns.

I had originally planned on driving up by myself as my wife does not want to leave the US. I kept asking her if she wanted to ride up to Montana and then fly back and she kept saying no. I finally asked one to many times and she called my bluff. So I changed plans to leave a little earlier so we can make a mini vacation out of it. Should be fun.

John
Ill be hunting near Smithers BC Im figuring 2 days to get there from Missoula. Im to meet the outfitter on the 27th Im leaving Missoula on the 25th. Last week of September, first week of October.

M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
Yep, two days drive would be about right. You should have a great time.

I would suggest all of us getting together for lunch on your way through, except we're probably going to be upland bird hunting in eastern Montana, just before the great invasion of pheasant hunters.

John Steinbeck
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you are around on the 23rd I would enjoy meeting you and Eileen.

M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
Will definitely let you know if we are. Right now we're still coordinating our bird-travels with various other people.

John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can we please think of a better name for a rifleman than "Loony"?

Rifle Aficionado.

Rifle Enthusiast.

site with other names for aficionado

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Webster's def. of Loony:

Examples of loony in a sentence

Every family includes someone who's a little loony.

<that's got to be the looniest idea I've ever heard>

"Loony" in Websters

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (12344mag, 02bfishn, 1234, 1lessdog, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 65 invisible), 2,467 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,573
Posts18,491,918
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.