Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So five of my grandchildren will become criminals because their dads turned out to be [bleep]. Should I shoot them all now to shop future crime, including the one who is an NG air rescue medic?

How about the single mother of three next door. Her husband was killed in an accident when someone else decided it was OK to drive drunk. Her eldest is back form his second trip to the sandbox as one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. Do we need to lock up the marine and his two beautiful younger sisters.

Should we just bury alive the whold fmily if a husband dies?

The brush used here to paint the bad guys is at least ten miles in width.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
we can all give examples, honest, justly mentioned examples, of single mothers (and single Dads. I did that gig for 14 years), that have raised, and are raising great kids.
Probably that sort of disclaimer should have been in the post at the start.
That over sight does not mean that there is a lot to be desired by raising kids with a single parent, and that the preponderance of kids raised in single parent homes have issues, and cause problems.
Stop being so sensitive with regards to your personal situation, and give the over all facts some slack.

Sam......

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
OK, your point taken. So haw do we go about deciding is a kid from a single parent will go bad so we can kill them first?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
OP,
You know fk-all.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Scott F
OK, your point taken. So haw do we go about deciding is a kid from a single parent will go bad so we can kill them first?

well you don't do that at all, as you know. All we can do is treat those that transgress in a proper manner. Plenty of kids from great nuclear families also 'go feral'. Just not as high a proportion of those kids go bad, as do kids from single family situations. Not so much a judgmental thing, as an observation.

Sam......

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

How about the single mother of three next door. Her husband was killed in an accident when someone else decided it was OK to drive drunk. Her eldest is back form his second trip to the sandbox as one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. Do we need to lock up the marine and his two beautiful younger sisters.

Should we celebrate the improvement to the family the guy made when he died? smirk

Of course I'm being facetious. Because single motherhood is a tragedy that shouldn't be encouraged. No matter how the kids turn out.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My dad was raised by a single mother, his dad died a few years after he was born as his dad had been gassed by the Germans in WWI and while he made it back his lungs were weakened. I don't see the op's comment being about moms that have lost their husbands.

My wife works in the legal system, often times with cases involving child protective services. I know exactly the type of single mothers the op is referring to. They have 3-5 children by several different fathers and most children were out of wedlock and if they were married at some point likely one of those kids was fathered by someone else than the husband.

One case sticks in my mind. A child that went to kinder garden wearing his urine stained pajamas and basically unable to speak. When CPS visited they house the found trash everywhere, a bong proudly displayed on the kitchen table amongst the trash and no food in the house. When the judge asked her why it took her six months to deal with a certain incident she told the judge she'd been smoking a lot of weed during those six months and was kinda loopy.

The problem with this country is there is no more shame for immoral or degenerate behavior. Whether it's a slut sleeping around getting knocked up and expecting the government to pay her way, queers wanting acceptance of their lifestyle, or drunks and drug addicts saying they have a disease to excuse their behavior.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
I know exactly the type of single mothers the op is referring to. They have 3-5 children by several different fathers and most children were out of wedlock and if they were married at some point likely one of those kids was fathered by someone else than the husband.

It doesn't seem like most on this thread can differentiate between those that you describe and someone that is a single mother because of divorce or being a widow. There's a big difference between a college educated woman with a job divorcing her husband because he cheated and an unwed high school dropout that gets knocked up by her pothead boyfriend.

If a woman wasn't married to the father of her kids and/or uses the welfare system as a non-temporary means of support then they're part of the problem. Someone like that isn't capable of making good decisions and more than likely is going to raise children that become a burden on society instead of contributing members. It's not 100% guaranteed that the kids of someone like that will turn out to be scumbags, but the odds are in favor of it.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Choosing not to have an abortion and raise a child alone gives single moms extra points for me. Yea, they made a bad choice. But they didn't make 2 bad choices.

My daughter was a single mom for 5 years before marrying a great guy. She could have chosen abortion and never told us. I'd have missed out on a grand daughter that means an awful lot to me.

[Linked Image]

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
A "single mom" can be a badge of honor, but more importantly where is the "badge of failure"?

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It's hard enough raising children in a 2 parent household in today's world, my hat off to those raising a family by themselves. I know that it's impossible to do all that needs to be done and give your children the opportunity to play sports, dance, etc and maintain full time employment. Something or someone/s going to suffer.

A lot of "single moms" have raised some incredible adults and I know that lots of 2 parent families have raised some real dirtbags. A good parent is going to be a good parent irregardless of their marital status.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JMR40
Choosing not to have an abortion and raise a child alone gives single moms extra points for me. Yea, they made a bad choice. But they didn't make 2 bad choices.

+100 smile

Islam is a terrorist organization.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
So...if a 'single mom' can't guess who bees da Daddy...and collects numerous checks for a multitude of illegitimate children.....whar bees da badge of honor??

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I could care less about moms provided they aren't on welfare.

You start poppin' out kids that you can't provide for and your ass gets fixed if you want more welfare.

IMHO the loss of family structure is one of our main problems(as a country).

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
So...if a 'single mom' can't guess who bees da Daddy...and collects numerous checks for a multitude of illegitimate children.....whar bees da badge of honor??

With the man that has put his 10th "mom" in such a situation?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Scott you might want to think about the subject, don't think anyone is off base

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Obviously I have it wrong. Single mothers are all bad and their kids are all bad, including the young Doctor who is visiting me now.

I will drop out of this one and not open it again.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Obviously I have it wrong. Single mothers are all bad and their kids are all bad, including the young Doctor who is visiting me now.

I will drop out of this one and not open it again.
get the sand out of your crack dipshit, not all single mothers are bad, not all are good

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

With the man that has put his 10th "mom" in such a situation?

Experience?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Calhoun
This is a disgusting thread. Now if it had been about welfare mothers or food stamp mothers, but denigrating all single mothers?

Sick mothers.

+1

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

169 members (300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 673, 16penny, 27 invisible), 2,079 guests, and 1,022 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,265
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.