Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Everyone I know who's bought a 5" or 7" can, because they thought they'd only want to run it on a Blackout... has purchased another full size .30 can. Once you start rolling suppressed.... it's the only way you want to shoot anymore.

Buying anything but a full size .30 suppressor, when you've got other bigger rifles.... is like buying an F-150 when you've got a 5th-wheel, a big boat, some quads, and a sled trailer in the shed. Go the whole nine... you won't be sorry.

I run a SAS Arbiter... as do about a dozen pards. A couple others are running the SilencerCo Harvester. My brother shot a bedded cow elk at 350 yards the other day with a .260 through the Harvester. There was another cow bedded less than 40 yards from the one he shot... and she never even stood up when her partner dropped dead. Cans are the goods... you'll want one that'll work for every club in your bag.... not just your pitching wedge....

For the record.... I fully expect you to ask this same question about 19 more times in various sections of this website... but I'm only gonna answer you once... so tag this post.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by deflave
Question for you suppressor shooters. I ordered a .300 Blackout today. What suppressor should I get?

I'm hesitant to assist the stupid, but I'll make an exception in your case.

Is it an AR, or a bolt gun?

Dave

I'm hesitant to respond to someone so impolite, but I will make an exception in your case. It doesn't make any difference whether it is an AR or a bolt gun. The powder and bullets don't know any difference.

Um, I have a Ruger American Ranch 300BO and, yes, it is different shooting the exact same handloads when compared to my 10.5" 300BO upper.

I added weep holes to the blast chamber and first two baffles and the blowback was a LOT better.

I don't get blowback on my bolt gun.

YMMV

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rost495
Best of luck.

Thank you.

You have issues with regular rounds. Learning to load quiet and accurate sub rounds with good enough bullets, ain't gonna be fun for you.

Regular rounds? Everything I have is a wildcat. This will be a regular round. When the Weatherby was a .257SLR it was a 1/2-3/4MOA rifle for three three shot groups fired at the same target. When I rebarreled it to the 6.5mm I could never get it to shoot well. The other 6.5 had a crooked barrel. It was disassembled and the parts sold; except for the stock which is still for sale.

If this .300 Blackout does like rifles prior to my 6.5mm experiences it will be no difficulty at all.

Never mind, I'm done. You won't have to listen to my replies any more. We ahve to start at the ground level and I'm to old to have to go back and start at the ground level.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
To clarify, I make my own. You only really need one tool....

[Linked Image]

to make this:

[Linked Image]

For 300 bucks including stamp.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Enjoy, dumb fugk.

Dave

INSTANT classic!

Guess I need to quit using Trail Boss too.......

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Trail Boss was developed for Cowboy Action Shooting, using "soft" lead bullets. When I first started loading sub sonic for my suppressed .44, Trail boss was recommended to me. I found I really could not get enough of it in a .44 case to propel a jacketed 300 gr bullet. Worked great with lead semi-wadcutters of 240 grs. With those at about 850 - 900 fps, it really is quieter than my pellet gun, although probably not a lot more lethal. After confirming Trail Boss was meant for lead only, I used Universal, then Tight Group for my sub sonic loads, and both work well with either hard cast of jacketed bullets.

Mike

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by goalie

[Linked Image]

to make this:

[Linked Image]

Please don't give RingRetard any ideas.

It can only end with yet another concussion story.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

[Linked Image]

to make this:

[Linked Image]

Can you provide drawings for that can so I can make a can? I have a lathe and milling machine. Always looking for new projects. Thank you.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Nice work regardless.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mikewriter
Trail Boss was developed for Cowboy Action Shooting, using "soft" lead bullets. When I first started loading sub sonic for my suppressed .44, Trail boss was recommended to me. I found I really could not get enough of it in a .44 case to propel a jacketed 300 gr bullet. Worked great with lead semi-wadcutters of 240 grs. With those at about 850 - 900 fps, it really is quieter than my pellet gun, although probably not a lot more lethal. After confirming Trail Boss was meant for lead only, I used Universal, then Tight Group for my sub sonic loads, and both work well with either hard cast of jacketed bullets.

Mike

Heavy'ish .308 caliber bullets and Trail Boss are pretty much the universal recipe for subsonic loads in the .308 Winchester.

I've run mine to 300 and they stay minute of beer can.

Travis

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Jacketed or cast?

I shoot 335 gr hard cast in my .44, sub sonic, and after about 75 yards they drop like a rock. This is with Universal.

Mike

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Jacketed.

Dave

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

[Linked Image]

to make this:

[Linked Image]

Can you provide drawings for that can so I can make a can? I have a lathe and milling machine. Always looking for new projects. Thank you.

I would refer you to the form-1 suppressor forum and silencer talk forums.

I make no claims at being an expert, I just followed stuff others there did, and have not blown myself or anyone else up yet.

There is a really good thread about baffle stack configuration and spacing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yup, doesn't take too much googling to find suppressor designs and pros and cans of baffle designs or monocores.

Haven't gotten a stamp yet, but have done the research for future projects.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Can you sell them afterward or is it strictly held onto for yourself?

Travis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Travis

No you cannot sell them. That requires licensing and fees to do. And it isn't like selling a "few" guns without being a dealer.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Thank you.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Travis

No you cannot sell them. That requires licensing and fees to do. And it isn't like selling a "few" guns without being a dealer.

Roger dodger.

Travis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They can go to my estate and pass on just like ant other NFA item.

Building and selling without the license is a big no-no though.

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Everyone I know who's bought a 5" or 7" can, because they thought they'd only want to run it on a Blackout... has purchased another full size .30 can. Once you start rolling suppressed.... it's the only way you want to shoot anymore.

Buying anything but a full size .30 suppressor, when you've got other bigger rifles.... is like buying an F-150 when you've got a 5th-wheel, a big boat, some quads, and a sled trailer in the shed. Go the whole nine... you won't be sorry.

I run a SAS Arbiter... as do about a dozen pards. A couple others are running the SilencerCo Harvester. My brother shot a bedded cow elk at 350 yards the other day with a .260 through the Harvester. There was another cow bedded less than 40 yards from the one he shot... and she never even stood up when her partner dropped dead. Cans are the goods... you'll want one that'll work for every club in your bag.... not just your pitching wedge....

For the record.... I fully expect you to ask this same question about 19 more times in various sections of this website... but I'm only gonna answer you once... so tag this post.

I don't have any other .308 firing rifles and don't plan on getting any. I am putting this together for coyotes and don't plan on using something this heavy for other hunting so there's no need for me to "tag this post."

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

436 members (163bc, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 160user, 39 invisible), 1,917 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,635
Posts18,493,138
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.