Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Ya raise 'em up
Ya send 'em off to school (all teary eyed)
Next thing you know they come back with a passel of little heathens! smile
Sometimes I think Mom was right - should'a gone straight to grandkids.
Feed 'em coffee, chocolate, and sody pop - shake well - and ship 'em out!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There isn't a more helpless feeling in the world than watching your kids leave the nest. My son is off on his own now, and moving from Indiana to North Carolina shortly here. My wife is going down for the last Indiana visit over Labor Day. My daughter is a freshman at college this year, but will be living at home. She's moved out twice and come back, so this is not as traumatic for us.

There will be lots of empty nesters the next couple weeks here. Life starts anew. It's just a matter of how we choose to embrace it.

Best wishes to all our empty nesters out there.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Good job young man!

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Don't worry, once she tells her less than stellar friends about her idiot dad and his pot farm, things will get interesting again for you.

You would a stuck it in the right hole back in the day maybe you could of spawned some young-ins of your own.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Just a tip or a reminder for all of you younger guys--your kids may be adults out of the house, even married with their own kids but you are never finished being a parent.

Concerns, cares, worries--and that's if things go well; then there are the grandkids and in a sense you start over again.

But I get ahead of you. 🙄 😄

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Taking my youngest to Columbia University in NYC next Saturday.

I am dreading it but she'll do great.

From MT to NYC, quite a change for the young lady.

I am going to miss her terribly bad.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don't worry, once she tells her less than stellar friends about her idiot dad and his pot farm, things will get interesting again for you.

+1

Sad that some people procreate...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
George;
Thanks for the reminder tonight sir, it's surely the truth as far as we're finding out anyway.

Our eldest will be getting married in a couple months and that's been an adjustment too - though we all saw it coming for some time.

For the other fathers out there I'll say that for me I had to learn how each of our girls preferred to communicate with me away from home.

Our eldest for instance is okay with chatting with me on facebook and will phone if she wants to really get something sorted. So yah, I've now got an account on the dreaded site and have learned to negotiate it enough to be there for her whenever she wants me to be.

On the other hand our youngest doesn't really communicate with me on social media and is not really a conversationalist on the phone typically - but - she'll text me back whenever I reach out to her. So there I've learned to text and try to do it at least weekly so she knows her old man still loves her and is interested in how her life is going.

Anyway I hope that helps someone out there tonight and is taken in the vein it's offered.

All the best to you and yours this fall George and good luck on your hunts too.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I will confess that I loved the idea when my son told me he was going to live at home while he is an undergraduate so he could save as much money as possible. We live near a world class university, so there was no compromise as far as academics were concerned. He is majoring in genetics and plans on going to medical school so this will be a nice seamless transition for me when he moves out in a couple more years. I am so glad we still hunt together but look forward to the day he gets accepted into med school and I can call him doctor.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BC30cal
George;
Thanks for the reminder tonight sir, it's surely the truth as far as we're finding out anyway.

Our eldest will be getting married in a couple months and that's been an adjustment too - though we all saw it coming for some time.

For the other fathers out there I'll say that for me I had to learn how each of our girls preferred to communicate with me away from home.

Our eldest for instance is okay with chatting with me on facebook and will phone if she wants to really get something sorted. So yah, I've now got an account on the dreaded site and have learned to negotiate it enough to be there for her whenever she wants me to be.

On the other hand our youngest doesn't really communicate with me on social media and is not really a conver

sationalist on the phone typically - but - she'll text me back whenever I reach out to her. So there I've learned to text and try to do it at least weekly so she knows her old man still loves her and is interested in how her life is going.

Anyway I hope that helps someone out there tonight and is taken in the vein it's offered.

All the best to you and yours this fall George and good luck on your hunts too.

Dwayne

Dwayne, that made me smile on a couple of levels--isn't it funny how different siblings can be? We have two daughters who are polar opposites physically and personality-wise yet are equally dear to us.

May your ventures afield this fall too be be touched by the sun and amber in it's light.

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by rkamp

You would a stuck it in the right hole back in the day maybe you could of spawned some young-ins of your own.

Been wondering where the California [bleep] has been. I have stuck it in the right hole, son.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (160user, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257 mag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 53 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,782
Posts18,477,172
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.