Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
No my point is you are a delusional dumbass. Now put me on ignore lke the puz zy you have proved yourself to be. Still got your vac sealed shower gun?

I like liberals-------------------------------------they make good bear bait! grin
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by efw
Wow ok I stand corrected.
So you think the Lord is happy with their rejection of the Son of God, and having presumed to reoccupy Palestine not having repented of their rejection of Christ? Has the State of Israel been a blessing to the world, the Middle East? Has the US been blessed since 1948? What part of my statement (read for what it actually says, not through the pre-framing of Bowsinger's perspective) do you have difficulty with as a Christian?
The same can all be said of all the nations of men.

You and I agree there has been no Judaism since 70 AD. There is no (biblically) meaningful Israel. With all the dispersions there is barely a provable bloodline to Abraham, and the vast majority of Israeli citizens are agnostic.

God has no more displeasure with the nation state of Israel than He does with any of the rest of us. Nor does He hold them in any higher disdain that any other; the free offer of salvation is open to any and all. The advantages that Paul points out concerning those of Jewish lineage and their knowledge of the Scriptures and reverence for God still stands for those who find themselves in that state.

Sin is sin and murder is murder; all who sin are complicit in the murder of our Lord. You and me no more nor less than Levi Kohn.
Yours is a very new doctrine. St. Augustine only represented common, Biblically based, Christian thought when he said that "The true image of the Hebrew is Judas Iscariot, who sells the Lord for silver. The Jew can never understand the Scriptures and forever will bear the guilt for the death of Jesus." This statement parallels 1 Thessalonians 2:14-15, and many other verses in the New Testament.

Of course a Jew who accepts Christ ceases being a Jew and, by having his guilt washed clean, is fully redeemed.

It was only with the advent of the grave error of Dispensationalism, at the close of the 19th Century, that the sentiment expressed in the Augustine quote above (paralleled by every major Christian figure of the ancient world) subsided from common Christian opinion. That should tell you something.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
You're crazy.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
On the point you and I (as well as Augustine) shall disagree.

I would also suggest that your characterization of Christianity as historically anti Semitic is until the error of dispensationalsiism is overly simplistic.

Augustine & Luther both had their cultural baggage just like you and I do.

Now if you want to engage me on my non-religious political opinion of the nation state of Israel that's quite a different thing, but that isn't informed by their treatment of our Lord either.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
TRH wants the New Testament Lord to destroy the state of Israel.
Soros is spending some of his money to do the Lord's work.

8/17/16 Over the weekend hackers leaked reams of confidential reports from the Open Society Foundations, hedge-fund billionaire George Soros’s ostensible charitable network, to the DC Leaks website. 

DC Leaks is believed to be backed by Russian intelligence agencies. Soros, who is of Hungarian Jewish origin, is a major supporter of the Democratic Party and a dogged opponent of the state of Israel, or—at the very least—of the policies and values embodied by its elected governments.

The leaks shed new light on the intensity of Soros’s animus against the Jewish state. One of the Open Society Foundations’ aims was to “challeng[e] Israel’s racist and anti-democratic policies” and subvert its image as a democracy in the international arena.

One way Soros’s outfit did that was to funnel funds to highly adversarial Israel-based organizations. Since 2001 the largest total, almost $2.7 million, has gone to the Israeli Arab NGO Adalah. As NGO Monitor details, Adalah vilifies Israel as a “colonial enterprise” and “apartheid state,” charges it with “war crimes,” and calls for its international isolation.

Another $1 million has gone to another Israeli Arab NGO, the I’lam Media Center.

Feel better?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by curdog4570
TRH........ often wrong, but never in doubt.

I still laugh when teaching advanced EKG classes to the new docs and ICU nurses.

Ignorance can be cured with education. Stupid is forever.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by EdM

8/17/16 Over the weekend hackers leaked reams of confidential reports from the Open Society Foundations, hedge-fund billionaire George Soros’s ostensible charitable network, to the DC Leaks website. 

DC Leaks is believed to be backed by Russian intelligence agencies. Soros, who is of Hungarian Jewish origin, is a major supporter of the Democratic Party and a dogged opponent of the state of Israel, or—at the very least—of the policies and values embodied by its elected governments.

The leaks shed new light on the intensity of Soros’s animus against the Jewish state. One of the Open Society Foundations’ aims was to “challeng[e] Israel’s racist and anti-democratic policies” and subvert its image as a democracy in the international arena.

One way Soros’s outfit did that was to funnel funds to highly adversarial Israel-based organizations. Since 2001 the largest total, almost $2.7 million, has gone to the Israeli Arab NGO Adalah. As NGO Monitor details, Adalah vilifies Israel as a “colonial enterprise” and “apartheid state,” charges it with “war crimes,” and calls for its international isolation.

Another $1 million has gone to another Israeli Arab NGO, the I’lam Media Center.

Feel better?

I did have some misgivings about starting this thread. Until I read TRH's response.
I detest bigotry of all forms. I understand forgiving those who preach it. That is not easy for me to do when the dogmatism is repeated over and over.
The weekend reports about Soros need to be aired. (pun intended).

The Jewish Press reported on the circular nature of the funding. Soros funds groups directly, and other groups that fund other groups. He created an anti-Israel ecosystem:
Jewish Hungarian-American business magnate George Soros, whose company files were hacked by the same outfit that in June hacked the DNC computers, was a major contributor to anti-Israel and anti-Zionist causes, as appears from an archive of leaked documents of the DC Leaks website…

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd still like to hear more about the fluoride. Or Masons.

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by mog75
I'd still like to hear more about the fluoride. Or Masons.

Or comparing CIA water boarding to Japanese torture of American POWs.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EdM

Feel better?

I did have some misgivings about starting this thread. Until I read TRH's response.
I detest bigotry of all forms. I understand forgiving those who preach it. That is not easy for me to do when the dogmatism is repeated over and over.
The weekend reports about Soros need to be aired. (pun intended).

The Jewish Press reported on the circular nature of the funding. Soros funds groups directly, and other groups that fund other groups. He created an anti-Israel ecosystem:
Jewish Hungarian-American business magnate George Soros, whose company files were hacked by the same outfit that in June hacked the DNC computers, was a major contributor to anti-Israel and anti-Zionist causes, as appears from an archive of leaked documents of the DC Leaks website…
TRUMP!

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by efw
On the point you and I (as well as Augustine) shall disagree.

I would also suggest that your characterization of Christianity as historically anti Semitic is until the error of dispensationalsiism is overly simplistic.
You falsely characterize the teachings of Christ about the Jews as antisemitism, implying hatred towards people of a particular belief system or ethnicity. It constitutes a hatred of perfidy and error only.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by efw
Wow ok I stand corrected.
So you think the Lord is happy with their rejection of the Son of God, and having presumed to reoccupy Palestine not having repented of their rejection of Christ? Has the State of Israel been a blessing to the world, the Middle East? Has the US been blessed since 1948? What part of my statement (read for what it actually says, not through the pre-framing of Bowsinger's perspective) do you have difficulty with as a Christian?
The same can all be said of all the nations of men.

You and I agree there has been no Judaism since 70 AD. There is no (biblically) meaningful Israel. With all the dispersions there is barely a provable bloodline to Abraham, and the vast majority of Israeli citizens are agnostic.

God has no more displeasure with the nation state of Israel than He does with any of the rest of us. Nor does He hold them in any higher disdain that any other; the free offer of salvation is open to any and all. The advantages that Paul points out concerning those of Jewish lineage and their knowledge of the Scriptures and reverence for God still stands for those who find themselves in that state.

Sin is sin and murder is murder; all who sin are complicit in the murder of our Lord. You and me no more nor less than Levi Kohn.
Yours is a very new doctrine. St. Augustine only represented common, Biblically based, Christian thought when he said that "The true image of the Hebrew is Judas Iscariot, who sells the Lord for silver. The Jew can never understand the Scriptures and forever will bear the guilt for the death of Jesus." This statement parallels 1 Thessalonians 2:14-15, and many other verses in the New Testament.

Of course a Jew who accepts Christ ceases being a Jew and, by having his guilt washed clean, is fully redeemed.

It was only with the advent of the grave error of Dispensationalism, at the close of the 19th Century, that the sentiment expressed in the Augustine quote above (paralleled by every major Christian figure of the ancient world) subsided from common Christian opinion. That should tell you something.

Oh boy!

You are even off the reservation of what is called amillennialism by some but that view does spawn anti-Judaism and I've seen it time and again. BTW, the early Church fathers until at least late 200's AD were premillennialist and believed in a literal thousand year Millennium and a role for ethnic Israel in it.

Augustine spiritualized these scriptures because he was influenced by Origen of the Alexanderian school in Egypt and was influenced by Greek Philosophy as he tried to combat other heresies. "Spiritualizing" scriptures always opens the door to liberalism or wrong doctrine--it's like opening the door to an empty room where everybody then puts in their style of furniture.

This became RC doctrine and then went through the Reformation unreformed and here you are calling Israel a terrorist organization. Not so nasty my friend. Might not the Balfor Declaration in '17 and Israeli independence in '48 be hinting at God working through time and geopolitics to regather some of His chicks?

Curious, do you belong to RC Sprouls church?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No surprise about Soros wanting to eliminate Israel. Soros hates God, that's why he does everything to eliminate worship of God and why he promotes Atheism and worship of the false god, Allah.

Politics is War by Other Means
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
Oh boy!

You are even off the reservation of what is called amillennialism by some but that view does spawn anti-Judaism and I've seen it time and again. BTW, the early Church fathers until at least late 200's AD were premillennialist and believed in a literal thousand year Millennium and a role for ethnic Israel in it.

Augustine spiritualized these scriptures because he was influenced by Origen of the Alexanderian school in Egypt and was influenced by Greek Philosophy as he tried to combat other heresies. "Spiritualizing" scriptures always opens the door to liberalism or wrong doctrine--it's like opening the door to an empty room where everybody then puts in their style of furniture.

This became RC doctrine and then went through the Reformation unreformed and here you are calling Israel a terrorist organization. Not so nasty my friend. Might not the Balfor Declaration in '17 and Israeli independence in '48 be hinting at God working through time and geopolitics to regather some of His chicks?

You have to do a lot of fancy "reasoning" to get around the fact that the Christ of the New Testament identified the Judaism of his day (the Judaism of the "Traditions of the Elders" - later to be codified as the Talmud - which Christ identified as the "traditions of men," "making the word of God of none effect" - Mark 7:5-13) as a body of false and ungodly doctrines that lead its adherents to destruction. If, after the application of said "reasoning," you find yourself departing from this simple statement, then you are, by so doing, departing from the plain teachings of Christ.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Tyrone
No surprise about Soros wanting to eliminate Israel. Soros hates God, that's why he does everything to eliminate worship of God and why he promotes Atheism and worship of the false god, Allah.

Soros and TRH both believe that Israel is built on genocidal ethnic destruction of its enemies. That they have no right to their homeland.

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 08/20/16.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh boy!

You have to do a lot of fancy "reasoning" to get around the fact that the Christ of the New Testament identified the Judaism of his day (the Judaism of the "Traditions of the Elders" - later to be codified as the Talmud - which Christ identified as the "traditions of men," "making the word of God of none effect" - Mark 7:6-13) as a body of false and ungodly doctrines that lead its adherents to destruction. If, after the application of said "reasoning," you find yourself departing from this simple statement, then you are, by so doing, departing from the plain teachings of Christ.

Of course Orthodox Judaism is wrong. They denied Christ and now still "miss" that He came; no argument there but many traditions of men, even of the Reformers, are wrong. That's no argument at all that God is completely through with the "vine" that gentile believers were grafted into.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Of course Orthodox Judaism is wrong. They denied Christ and now still "miss" that He came; no argument there but many traditions of men, even of the Reformers, are wrong. That's no argument at all that God is completely through with the "vine" that gentile believers were grafted into.
Certainly, but the vine consists of believers, starting from Abraham and going to the present day. It is not a vine built on an ethnicity. Never was. That was Jewish error, introduced among the many traditions of men fabricated by the Jews. Making it about an ethnicity was one of the errors of the Jews that was condemned in the New Testament, an error retained by them to this day. "And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham." - Matt 3:9.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

THAT is "way of looking at scripture", en total, a dogma based on a generalized hermeneutic that you have been taught or immersed in and believe.

First off, this subject is a universe beyond thrashing out in a forum but I could refute every point you make with other in-context evidence based on a hermeneutic that is "more literal". But I have neither the time or inclination to do that.

Second, I may be wrong! 🤔😄. I try not to be dogmatic because this is not cornerstone doctrinal stuff and God obviously values faith in things unseen and not completely understood due to the limitations of the human mind and there are many believers on both sides of this fence. Being wrong is some things is not so bad; being dogmatic about it is worse.

And I usually find "your side" the most arrogantly vociferous in defense or rebuttal or condescension.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

And I usually find "your side" the most arrogantly vociferous in defense or rebuttal or condescension.

You saw his responses over and over regarding the electrical pathway of the heart. Something that is pretty straight-forward, and requires about zero faith or interpretation. Something that produces scientifically repeatable results in the EP lab time and time again.

And you're going to argue with him about something that requires faith and interpretation of secondhand source material???!!!!??!?!?!?!?

Last edited by goalie; 08/20/16.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
If I'm wrong, show me where. If Christ didn't identify what is today called Judaism as a body of false and ungodly doctrines, show me. If he did, then you must admit that no state founded and sustained to the present day on the basis of said religion could accomplish anything but evil.

Seems to me Christ was a Jew.I have never read where he condemned Judaism.He condemned what they did in the Temple.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

91 members (35, 1OntarioJim, 6mmCreedmoor, 41rem, 16penny, afisher, 10 invisible), 1,633 guests, and 902 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,494
Posts18,472,107
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.