-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I don't care for hunting shows, with all of the made for TV fist pumps and hootin and hollerin after every behind a high fence, or professionally guided kill. I don't see how this woman or her husband did anything remotely wrong or unethical on this bear hunt though. The kill didn't look anything different from what you would expect with a bow.
Under Armour is just pandering to the suburbanites soccer mom and dad crowd that buy most of there gear and didn't like what they saw.

Last edited by Mittenman; 08/20/16.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'm a firm believer that Facebook video postage hunting pictures, YouTube post and TV hunting shows are now the enemy to the normal hunting communities.

They do more to arm the anti crowd then help the hunting crowd post Cecil.

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Does anyone have a corporate email for UA?

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tedthorn
I'm a firm believer that Facebook video postage hunting pictures, YouTube post and TV hunting shows are now the enemy to the normal hunting communities.

They do more to arm the anti crowd then help the hunting crowd post Cecil.

Ted;
Good morning to you sir, hopefully you all slept better than I appear to have done or not done as it turns out. wink

Again that's why we are taking more and more time in the Hunter Safety courses we're teaching talking about just that.

I'm not hiding what I love to do, but neither would I care to broadcast for public consumption some of the events I've experienced. Without being actually present for the run up to the event and the aftermath as well really, it's tough for anyone to truly understand what took place in a soundbite of film.

For the same reason I don't believe we get the total picture with cameras on LEO or even dashcams in some instances.

Anyway those are my thoughts on it and nothing more this morning.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Don't own any and don't plan on buying any.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i'd use a spear.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BC30cal
I'm likely being cynical here, but it strikes me in this instance if the chap would've sat down and lit some sage on fire while gazing into the smoke pensively and talking in hushed terms about the bear's spirit and how he was going to eat it there wouldn't be an issue and we'd not have ever heard of them.

That didn't happen though and here we are.

While I do defend all methods of legal hunting and won't tell anyone how they should celebrate their kills, one has to also see that some of these videos don't do any of us many favors - if any.

It's a brave new world that couldn't be more different from the days of "what happens on the mountain stays on the mountain" anyway.

Great post Dwayne!

Originally Posted by JamesJr
While I don't see a thing wrong with killing a bear with a spear, I do think that there should be some discretion on the was we broadcast what we do. In other words....not every hunt needs to be put on TV.

If I were a betting man, I'd wager that the primary reason this guy came up with this idea for a hunt was so that he could film it and broadcast it. To each his own but IMO that's a pitiful reason to hunt.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Go Pro + Under Armor + Spear = douche bag.

Sticking a bear in the guts with a spear then waiting a day?

Was this guy wearing a sleeveless shirt? Biggest in his quartet?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Was this guy wearing a sleeveless shirt?

Don't know about that but ten to one when he's pumping iron at the gym, he grunts loud and wears his baseball cap backwards.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I watched the video of this hunt. Other than the stupid gleefull jumping around nothing was done wrong. It was a good kill. Waiting till morning to find an animal that could kill you is not stupid. This is a bear not a whitetail. Opinions vary. ED K

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
We are often our own worst enemy.

Under Armour made a leap many years ago by marketing to the hunting demographic, a typically verboten market segment in relation to most mainstream sporting goods manufacturers. In that leap, they brought on good designers and consultants, and as a result, turns out very good gear. While I dont subscribe to the UA worship, and own very few non hunting items, their hunting and outdoor gear is top notch.

That being said, the hunting segment of their company is minute in comparison to the remainder of their company's product line. Angering their base, urbanites and yuppies, would be equivalent to cutting off their nose to spite their face. What we got, as opposed to a hard line stance, was a pretty good compromise. Under Armour, in essence, told us, and the world, that as long as we dont do stupid stuff that we KNOW is going to garner negative press, they will continue to support us.

Under Armour is a business, not a lobbying organization. When the hunting, or running, or football segment is no longer profitable, or in some negatively impacts the brand, that segment will be reevaluated. Anything else would be ridiculous.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Birdwatcher
How so?

Or are you running on "feelings" too?

what part of 'complete and utter BS' are you having trouble understanding? lol

Sam......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If anyone watched the original 12+ min video on Youtube before it was deleted would see the problem. The guy was a total douche.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't have a problem with UA clipping them, in fact, I support UA's decision. Too damn many people are doing crap to alienate the anti's while trying to get their 15 minutes of fame and it's disgusting to me.

These types of people base the success of their hunts on how many "likes and shares" they can get on social media. Just because something is legal doesn't mean you have to share it with the world. It's not so much the pissing off of the anti's that bothers me but when you piss off or shock the people that were indifferent to the sport of hunting it's not good for us. Some people will thrust themselves into the spotlight regardless of the damage done to the sport. Selfish and narcissistic IMO

I see through so much if this crap. People want their 15 minutes of fame so they'll go kill a giraffe and post a bunch of pictures, they'll provoke and antagonize the anti's into death threats and them talk about them like its a badge of honor. This was a publicity stunt they knew would get them attention and it did.

What's sad is the attention whores will profit from this while the company that took a stand against these types of actions is being boycotted. Looks to me like they got exactly what they went trolling for....

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I have no problem with him spearing the bear.

And I have no problem with UA sponsoring only the people they choose to sponsor.

UA has always been supportive of the hunting, military, and law enforcement communities. They're simply choosing to not sponsor some d-bag and his ol' lady.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
I have no problem with him spearing the bear.

And I have no problem with UA sponsoring only the people they choose to sponsor.

UA has always been supportive of the hunting, military, and law enforcement communities. They're simply choosing to not sponsor some d-bag and his ol' lady.

Travis

Travis;
Good morning to you sir, hope you're keeping cool enough down on your side of the medicine line.

I read your post and thought "Fine be succinct, see if I care" wink grin

Oh we're not in church this morning so don't look for me at the usual spot. We're packing up our youngest who starts back at university next week - wish me luck getting it all in my wife's SUV....

All the best to you all and good luck on your hunts this fall.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Best of luck on your Sunday Dwayne!

I'm headed to church shortly.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"sarah_bowmar: I love and care about all of you and wanted to let you know that due to recent circumstances and media attention of a LEGAL hunt, @underarmour and @uahunt have terminated their relationship with us

Translation: We (I) just got fired and I'll now need to work somehow to cover what we were essentially getting as easy money.........

Just wanted to let everything know our current situation and how heartbroken we are when we did nothing wrong.

Murder has been justified in some people's minds too, but it's never - or rarely- legal. Right, legal...... two different things.

I really doubt that rescuing the boss' wife from an abusive relationship would work out any better. wink

Receiving that phone call was one of the hardest things I've ever went through......
Getting fired is never easy. It can even make one's grammar get crazy. laugh

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Chalk up another one to social media.

Most of which is self inflicted.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntsonora
I don't have a problem with UA clipping them, in fact, I support UA's decision. Too damn many people are doing crap to alienate the anti's while trying to get their 15 minutes of fame and it's disgusting to me.

These types of people base the success of their hunts on how many "likes and shares" they can get on social media. Just because something is legal doesn't mean you have to share it with the world. It's not so much the pissing off of the anti's that bothers me but when you piss off or shock the people that were indifferent to the sport of hunting it's not good for us. Some people will thrust themselves into the spotlight regardless of the damage done to the sport. Selfish and narcissistic IMO

I see through so much if this crap. People want their 15 minutes of fame so they'll go kill a giraffe and post a bunch of pictures, they'll provoke and antagonize the anti's into death threats and them talk about them like its a badge of honor. This was a publicity stunt they knew would get them attention and it did.

What's sad is the attention whores will profit from this while the company that took a stand against these types of actions is being boycotted. Looks to me like they got exactly what they went trolling for....

Bingo.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 64 invisible), 2,463 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,961
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.