Hop To
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by gunner500
Well, at least you guys are trying to live and act right, I've got a chitload more clearing to do before I can settle down and start acting reverent ;]

I've had a lot more spiritual conversations with a couple of hunting campaneros, discussing the Creator God than I've ever had partaking in the Hallelujah, praise Jesus, chorus.

Or in a battle of bible verses.

Yup, same same Curdog. wink

Trump Won!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I'm so thankful that one of the first things my Dad taught me was to love God. The next thing imposed on my young life was to appreciate the price Jesus paid for my sins...all of them. After accepting Jesus as your savior one can and does not have to live in guilt or doubt ever. No decent Christain wants to sin but it is so nice to know that our sin has been washed away at the cross. powdr

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
my only concern is that we are beginning to drag this thingy out too far. of course everything happens in God's own time.

but, for those of us full of piss & vinegar, and wanting to attack the infidels, we know the clock is running.

i just wish the Powers that Be, whomever that is, could come up with a common set of Interpretations of the various verses of the bible. but the challenge is, there were no verses early on. oh well, surely we can overcome such a disadvantage from the start.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
but the challenge is, there were no verses early on. oh well, surely we can overcome such a disadvantage from the start.
No disadvantage.

What do you think the Lord and Moses were doing for so long on that mountain top? God was telling Moses how the beginning really was, without the folk tales, so he could write Genesis. It doesn't take that long to write a few, "Thou Shalt Not's", even in stone.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
in my limited understanding, i always thought if we could have found a way to integrate Lilith into the mainstream of the hebrew tradition, we'd all have been better off from the start.

but given that failure, we were dealing with second option stuff from the very early days.

given that, so far so good.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Gus, RD had a pretty good answer.

While I am not emphatic or dogmatic about it, I lean toward what among Christians is the known as the Young Earth view; that is that the earth is a relatively young ~ 6000 years old. This approximate figure is arrived at by computing chronogeneologies that start in Genesis. Assuming that is true consider the following:

Before all the resident scientists here gnash their teeth and need an extra, late afternoon toddy, let me add that one day science will catch up to the Bible. THAT ought to lead outright drooling seizures..and another toddy. But just remember when we all thought the earth was flat and review Galileo's story if you need too for context. Also, remember carbon-14 dating, which is primary in giving us billions of earth years, is built on presuppositions.

If creation was at "0", the Flood was about "1600 AM" (anno mundi-the year of world), and Moses (the Exodus from Egypt), whom Ricky references, was about 2300 IIRC.

Now according to the Bible, from Adam to the Flood, folks lived a good part of a millennium, or a thousand years, or more than half the time to Moses and these folks "had" the masthead of God's personal revelation in The Garden. So Moses knew the history of the earth or had heard it by oral tradition even before his climbing the hill where as RD explained he may have had a personal downloading of the whole story.

Bank on it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gus
in my limited understanding, i always thought if we could have found a way to integrate Lilith into the mainstream of the hebrew tradition, we'd all have been better off from the start.

but given that failure, we were dealing with second option stuff from the very early days.

And who the heck is Lilith that we integrate her? C'mon Gus. Let's make the time worthwhile.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
Originally Posted by Gus

And who the heck is Lilith that we integrate her? C'mon Gus. Let's make the time worthwhile.

ya ever study or visit the stories of the ancient hebrews about the beginning of humans on the face of the Urth? just askin', not pointing fingers at all. all of this stuff that crosses my mind came from a Conservative Rabbi, that left the Orthodox side of the business after being freed from the camp at Dachau.

Lilith, i think, is listed here & there in the Google search machine. i don't know why, but there she is, anyways.

i do believe we humans are doing the best we can, given the information we have, and our best understandings. we'd need better info, in order to do lot's better. or a bunch of pure luck. lol.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Before all the resident scientists here gnash their teeth and need an extra, late afternoon toddy, let me add that one day science will catch up to the Bible. THAT ought to lead outright drooling seizures..and another toddy. But just remember when we all thought the earth was flat and review Galileo's story if you need too for context. Also, remember carbon-14 dating, which is primary in giving us billions of earth years, is built on presuppositions.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

[Linked Image]

😃 🙄...That IS funny.

Last edited by George_De_Vries_3rd; 08/23/16.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Also, remember carbon-14 dating, which is primary in giving us billions of earth years, is built on presuppositions.

Yeah, the same kind of "presupposistions" of nuclear physics and nuclear chemistry that led to the discovery of nuclear fission, nuclear power, and linear accelerators to treat cancer, for example...ALL are realities.

Carbon-14 helps date objects up to about 50,000 years old, not "billions of earth years". Potassium-argon and uranium-lead dating methods help date objects much older.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why don't you post some identifying information so we can appreciate the expert you are?

I don't mean to be harsh but just for some context.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wish I could incorporate the two...

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It's been done.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Well, at least you guys are trying to live and act right, I've got a chitload more clearing to do before I can settle down and start acting reverent ;]

Do you fix your car BEFORE you take it to the mechanic. Often you would take it to the mechanic because you tried to fix it and screwed it all up.

No, you have to look at the full 360 degrees of possible employs, I stated I don't like to hang with hypocrites, and the really nice church folk that do believe, act it and live it, and are genuinely good Christian folk, don't need to be seated next to a sorry dirty black hearted fu-ker like me.

You see, it works both ways.

As I said, I'll complete my chit clearing, retire, then maybe settle down some day.

Friend I have news for you, really good news. Righteousness or right standing with God comes through faith in Jesus Christ not by being good or going to church. He just gives it to you for believing. (Ephesians 2:8). The chit cleaning has already been done, and you have done nothing that God does not already know about and can handle.

You are operating under the misconception of "genuinely good Christian folks" of which there is no such thing. There are only dirty black hearted fu-kers that God counts as righteous for the sake of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Please read the first 8 chapters of the book of Romans with that in mind.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why don't you post some identifying information so we can appreciate the expert you are?

Why don't you...?

You *first* made the claim that Carbon-14 dating gives us "billions of earth years"...!

High school chemistry and high school physics negates that claim.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
The devil loves what....knowing his time is waxing short...?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers

Why don't you...?

You *first* made the claim that Carbon-14 dating gives us "billions of earth years"...!

High school chemistry and high school physics negates that claim.

Showing someone else's mistake does not establish your credibility. You didn't address his question.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ok, antlers, my identifying info is on my profile for anybody to look at.

Secondly, are you saying "carbon-14" has not figured into the suggested old age of the earth? Your comments on theology-the knowledge and study of God--the subject of this thread--were certainly prescient, now, to this subject. Again. As is your pattern.

Why as a supposed believer (or not?--I'm confused) are you always around biting ankles and knit-picking? Why don't you add something positive?

Carbon-14, itself, isn't even to the point of my previous post.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why as a supposed believer (or not?--I'm confused) are you always around biting ankles and knit-picking?

Sounds like you don't like someone to question the things you post. Sounds like you don't like someone to challenge your claims.

Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

60 members (Algotguns, Akhutr, beefan, 358wsm, 2500HD, 12 invisible), 1,392 guests, and 783 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,924
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.