Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by Ringman
antlers,
Nobody here asks about 'your' credibility anymore.

You are either obfuscating or are not able to keep up with the conversation. I think it's the former.

Ringman,
It seems to me that he is very sensitive and cannot stand it when someone challenges what he says.

lol

Hardly.

Your full response is a classic passive-aggressive response. Denigrating someone through a post to someone else...with the 'primary' intention of having the object of your consternation read it. It's typical behavior of what a lot of people expect from, and have experienced from, self-professed 'Christians' such as yourself. A pure gold example of why many people who don't resist the message of Jesus, definitely *do* resist some of those people who claim to be His followers.

And again.

George, you have noticed the usual cast of characters that always frequent threads of this theme, and their very predictable pattern of responses. I know I have numerous times.

They must really suck at poker.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
The author of Proverbs 17:28, paraphrased by Abraham Lincoln and Mark Twain, wrote something you should seriously consider.

Comin' from you, who also stated that you think the earth is ~6,000 years old, that's pretty funny.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by seal_billy
Most prophecy has been fulfilled. The book of revelation has lots of stuff in it that people claim to understand, they even have charts graphs and huge boards of stuff that they preach as the true meaning. I'm sorry, but if you think you got it all figured out you don't know a dang thing, if you claim to only know Christ and him crucified, then you probably have exactly what you need to know figured out. I don't even read revelation cause I don't care how it all comes to pass. I just keep on keeping on and do my best to live like a good person and repent for when I fumble the ball. I do a lot of that. I'm a turd.

Revelation came very close to not making it into NT canon and was not part of the NT teaching for a long time. Even now most really can't decipher the majority of its meaning with any certainty.

IIRC - and y'all ain't important enough for me to double check - John pretty much starts off by saying that readers of his letter will receive a "blessing". The purpose of his writing was to reveal Jesus as the "Son of God", aka "God incarnate", and to claim that He was still alive in another dimension which is commonly called Heaven and still in charge of all there is.

THAT knowledge is the "blessing", and the purpose of the book. All the end times imagery was probably intended for John's eyes only and he made a hell of a mess trying to translate it in detail.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
...you have noticed the usual cast of characters that always frequent threads of this theme, and their very predictable pattern of responses. I know I have numerous times.

Yes. It's 'astonishing' that people who are interested in threads of certain themes...whether it's African hunting or oilfield issues or Christian faith issues, for example...will actually frequent 'those' threads that they are interested in and have something to say about em' on a discussion forum.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Antlers has the Pharisees up in arms....... which is how it always goes. grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
antlers,
Nobody here asks about 'your' credibility anymore.

You are either obfuscating or are not able to keep up with the conversation. I think it's the former.

Ringman,
It seems to me that he is very sensitive and cannot stand it when someone challenges what he says.

lol

Hardly.

Your full response is a classic passive-aggressive response. Denigrating someone through a post to someone else...with the 'primary' intention of having the object of your consternation read it. It's typical behavior of what a lot of people expect from, and have experienced from, self-professed 'Christians' such as yourself. A pure gold example of why many people who don't resist the message of Jesus, definitely *do* resist some of those people who claim to be His followers.

So, you feel denigrated and don't like it. You make broad unsubstantiated statements and feel free to poke fun, ie "denigrate" others but when someone challenges you, you step back and accuse them of being one of the "self professed" group.

So, when someone disagrees with you, you bring out the condemnation. You don't address the facts of the situation at all. One might characterize that as.....?

You get angry quickly and try to step on those who challenge you.

Filled with venom? Pride maybe? Filled with something else?

TF

Last edited by TF49; 08/24/16.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Nah, antlers is up in arms and out and about slinging darts at all who might have the temerity to think differently.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
It's the internet guys, AND it's a shooter's chat room. We cannot agree on something as simple as how impressive a 30-06 is compared to say any other round that has lasted 110 years. How do you suppose there will be any Concord on topics with such reach as the one before us now .............

Which for clarity is about Bible prophecy, not hypocrites, blah, blah, blah. grin

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
lol

The resident 'Professional Christians' here don't like it when someone chooses critical thinking over wearing a team jersey.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570

There's only 1 Pharisee, the rest are simply Sadducees.... grin

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
lol

The resident 'Professional Christians' don't like it when someone chooses critical thinking over wearing a team jersey.

"Critical thinking?" Go back and consider you statement about why "people" resist Christianity and explain how that statement is based on critical thinking. You were given the correct answer on why "people" resist Christianity one or even two of the previous posts. You ignored both.

Those answers did not fit with your bias?????

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
...you have noticed the usual cast of characters that always frequent threads of this theme, and their very predictable pattern of responses. I know I have numerous times.

Yes. It's 'astonishing' that people who are interested in threads of certain themes...whether it's African hunting or oilfield issues or Christian faith issues, for example...will actually frequent 'those' threads that they are interested in and have something to say about em' on a discussion forum.

You have not said something about the discussion. You have attempted to denigrate those who are posting something about the subject.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
...but when someone challenges you...

lol

You haven't 'challenged' anyone, at all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You have not said something about the discussion.

Of course I have. You just didn't like it.

The Pharisees also *didn't like the things that Jesus taught, nor did they like the things that Jesus had to say*. They thought that they didn't do anything wrong, and they thought that they were real important and real clever. They thought that their opinions about religion were always right, and they became very 'proud'. They claimed that they obeyed all of God's laws. *But often they pretended to be holier than they really were*. They obeyed many unimportant rules. *But often they failed to obey God's most important rules*. And they refused to listen to Jesus. They cared more about their 'religion' than they cared about God.

It's important for others to know that the resident 'Professional Christians' here DO NOT represent all of Jesus' followers.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
lol

The resident 'Professional Christians' don't like it when someone chooses critical thinking over wearing a team jersey.
To the contrary, I welcome it, when I see it. Scarce stuff on the 'fire. Rote is the norm.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The Pharisees also *didn't like the things that Jesus taught, nor did they like the things that Jesus had to say*. They thought that they didn't do anything wrong, and they thought that they were real important and real clever. They thought that their opinions about religion were always right, and they became very 'proud'. They claimed they tried to obey all of God's laws. *But often they pretended to be holier than they really were*. They obeyed many unimportant rules. *But often they failed to obey God's most important rules*. And they refused to listen to Jesus. They cared more about their 'religion' than they cared about God.

It's important for others to know that the resident 'Professional Christians' here DO NOT represent all of Jesus' followers.

If you don't mind would you document where God's Word tells us,

"They thought that they didn't do anything wrong, and they thought that they were real important and real clever. They thought that their opinions about religion were always right, and they became very 'proud'. They claimed they tried to obey all of God's laws."

I have not seen this information before.

Everyday Hunter
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by RJY66

Friend I have news for you, really good news. Righteousness or right standing with God comes through faith in Jesus Christ not by being good or going to church. He just gives it to you for believing. (Ephesians 2:8). The chit cleaning has already been done, and you have done nothing that God does not already know about and can handle.

You are operating under the misconception of "genuinely good Christian folks" of which there is no such thing. There are only dirty black hearted fu-kers that God counts as righteous for the sake of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Please read the first 8 chapters of the book of Romans with that in mind.

This was well worth re-posting IMHO.

Wow the wheels sure fell off this one suddenly.

This sounds as bad as Ricky & me discussing politics wink !

Grace & Peace to you ALL

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Define for us these 'Professional Christians' if you would. I always thought to be a professional one must be financially rewarded for the endeavor.

Everyday Hunter
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Originally Posted by gunner500
Well, at least you guys are trying to live and act right, I've got a chitload more clearing to do before I can settle down and start acting reverent ;]

Do you fix your car BEFORE you take it to the mechanic. Often you would take it to the mechanic because you tried to fix it and screwed it all up.

The world would be a better place if a bunch of Christians took lessons from Gunner........

George

LOL, I've still got lots of work trying to stay on the straight and narrow George, thanks for the kind words buddy. smile

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The Pharisees also *didn't like the things that Jesus taught, nor did they like the things that Jesus had to say*. They thought that they didn't do anything wrong, and they thought that they were real important and real clever. They thought that their opinions about religion were always right, and they became very 'proud'. They claimed that they obeyed all of God's laws. *But often they pretended to be holier than they really were*. They obeyed many unimportant rules. *But often they failed to obey God's most important rules*. And they refused to listen to Jesus. They cared more about their 'religion' than they cared about God.

I have not seen this information before.

SEEN it...? *You* EXEMPLIFY it...!

Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

63 members (Akhutr, beefan, 358wsm, 2500HD, bosshoff, 12 invisible), 1,385 guests, and 731 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,924
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.