Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by antlers
The rotten-a$$ government has no business telling adults what substances they can or can't ingest. *Only* when harm to another person is the direct result of that ingestion should the government step in and have a say-so.

You mean like, personal responsibility, individual freedom of choice, and so on?

That's liberal bullshit that does NOT belong on this forum, Mister!

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Many millions of people have an alcoholic drink or smoke a joint every day and don't hurt anybody. They go to work, they raise families, and are productive members of society. Why should those people pay a penalty due to those who can't handle their intoxicant of choice...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
What are they saying? You shouldn't get stoned and drive? Earth shattering!

People behaving recklessly and irresponsibly is nothing new. Tracking folks involved in accidents in relation to THC in their system is.

Dood, it was totally the weed's fault. That NEVER happens with Oxy, Morphine, Heroin, XTC, Alcohol, etc.

Just this morning I did an OxyHeroinXTC shooter in alcohol, walked out to my car, and as I reached for my keys, I remembered there was no THC in my morning shooter, so I went back inside.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What's Trump's position on the stuff?

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Alamosa
Some people realize it is preposterous to 'blame the gun' for the actions of the user, but ironically, will be quick to 'blame the weed' for the actions of the user.
That's not a very good comparison. Alcohol is much better.

But if your guns cause a change in your cognitive abilities, balance, and reaction time, you'd better sell them.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Interesting that in the Shrock case I quoted and linked above, two days after last smoking marijuana, the measurable residual intoxicants per her blood test results, was enough to influence her sentencing, apparently.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Pot heads dont seem to accomplish too much. Anytime I'm stoned I just want to find something to eat.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Alamosa
Some people realize it is preposterous to 'blame the gun' for the actions of the user, but ironically, will be quick to 'blame the weed' for the actions of the user.

Yep. It's pretty simple, really. Alcohol users and their intoxicant of choice is OK...but marijuana users and their intoxicant of choice is not OK. Hypocritical to the Nth degree.

This.

There's too much of "My drug of choice is OK--you'rs is not."

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Here, THC content is measured and labeled. You know exactly what you are getting. How you ingest it is a big variable.

Like alcohol, weed will affect folk differently. Some people do very well, others turn into a puddle.

While alcohol is far, FAR, more toxic than weed, weed is a more psycho active substance.

Drink a beer, smoke a J, whatever. Just be responsible. How is that so fuggin' hard? If you need either to get through life, you're doing it wrong.

If you feel the need to tell people what they can and can not ingest, you're a fugg 'tard.

Yeah, well said.

Oregon's recreational industry launches for real here in the next couple months. We've been in a transitional period where what were previously medical dispensaries could sell a limited amount to non-medical-cardholders... 1/4 oz I believe. Anyway, yes, the stuff is lab tested to establish potency as well as the ratios of the various cannaboids. Turns out, THC is only one of them. Some folks are very actively trying not to get high-THC pot and are after the CBD's.

I rode with an engineer friend the other day and he told me some interesting stuff. He's had a medical grow license for years. He's a sharp guy and very curious. He'd been experimenting with making tinctures, using various methods, then getting them lab tested. Of interest to me was that he'd had basic butter tested. I make butter then make caramels with that- more below. What was interesting was that the THC doesn't carbolyze efficiently from its acid (non-pschoactive) form. Chemistry majors, I apologize, but I'm gonna call that THC(a).

So, THC(a) is not psychoactive. This is why it is traditionally smoked: that carbolyzes it into THC, and you catch a buzz. However some of the doctors on the cutting edge believe that THC(a) has enormous health benefits, in really sick folks, to the point that they are having patients actually juice what would otherwise be huge quantities of leaf and flower, and drink it, to get all that THC(a) without getting high.

What's interesting to me about it is that that his butter, made the the way I make it, had only carbolyzed about 20% of the THC(a) into THC. This has been intriguing to me for the last year, because I've been making the butter with what appear to be LARGE quantities of chopped up flowers (buds) and have been a little surprised that it hasn't been more potent. It doesn't matter, mind you, because since the stuff is damn near free if you grow it yourself, who cares... but I was mildly interested.

Concurrent with starting to make and ingest these caramels in the evening, ive seen a fairly remarkable change in my "drug life": I virtually never take ibuprofen anymore. I'm a big guy and have a physical lifestyle and ibuprofen has been my friend for a long time, both for the pain relief and the anti-inflammatory properties.

So bringing this full circle, come to find out that I've actually, most likely, been getting a pretty damn large dose of THC(a) in these caramels in order to get the psychoactive effect I like- which when eaten this way is very similar to alcohol- a relaxing body buzz with mild euphoria and general good feelings. So whether it's all that THC (a), or the THC, or some other cannaboids I don't know, but the effect on my body in general has been fairly profound: much less pain, inflammation, etc to the point that I NEVER take ibuprofen anymore.

I find that quite interesting.

As a huge side benefit, the caramels have greatly decreased my desire to drink. I still have a couple beers but I haven't had more than (3) 12-oz beers in almost a year. THAT is huge. Alcohol, which is the drug of choice for many here and everywhere else, is very toxic and unhealthy. So I'll count that as a credit in this equation as well.

I'm taking the time (and absorbing the negative comments) to type all this for one reason only. This is a place that could use some education on this stuff; many of you are exactly the people who need to come around on this issue if we are ever, as a society, going to get past the "Reefer Madness" hysteria.

And by the way, nobody "smokes a joint" of this modern, very potent weed. You control dosage by smoking a tiny little piece to avoid becoming what I'd call "over stoned" which is not pleasant. This is "taking psychoactive substances 101": start small. You can always do a little more.

So what your saying is instead of making a butter you should be making a roux? I think you better get off your ass and get some brass for the latest rifle before indulging.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Is a roux cooked at a higher temp?

Actually, if what I want is to carbolyze it more fully, that's easy. An hour in the oven at, I think, 240 degrees prior to making butter from it. I'm not sure I do want that though. The way they are now is working pretty well, and the point isn't to get blotto, anyway. But I'm using 2 ounces of chopped flower to make a pound of butter... think on that a minute... it should be POTENT.

(Side note to those who care: chopping up 2 oz of Oregon's finest is an incredibly fragrant experience! Considering that on the old black market, that'd be $400 worth, you can see why this wasn't really a "thing" prior to legalization, at least it sure wasn't for me. Highly inefficient. )

I'm poised and ready to buy brass as soon as they have the next batch available, trust me. smile

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Is a roux cooked at a higher temp?

Actually, if what I want is to carbolyze it more fully, that's easy. An hour in the oven at, I think, 240 degrees prior to making butter from it. I'm not sure I do want that though. The way they are now is working pretty well, and the point isn't to get blotto, anyway. But I'm using 2 ounces of chopped flower to make a pound of butter... think on that a minute... it should be POTENT.

(Side note to those who care: chopping up 2 oz of Oregon's finest is an incredibly fragrant experience! Considering that on the old black market, that'd be $400 worth, you can see why this wasn't really a "thing" prior to legalization, at least it sure wasn't for me. Highly inefficient. )

I'm poised and ready to buy brass as soon as they have the next batch available, trust me. smile

I wasn't intending to have a serious discourse on pot brownies..but being a tolerant man I am willing to share cooking techniques (in general). I don't know if a roux is going to get hotter than a caramel, just that you don't want to burn it.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I need a hit if that blunt!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's always funny...and more than a little bit hypocritical...to see those who post and profess to being 'conservatives' and 'Republicans' giving lip service to 'freedom' and 'less government control' over their lives...but yet at the same time they are threatened by, or simply don't like, extending that same freedom to others. And they 'want' the government to exert control over those other people's lives who choose an intoxicant that's different than the one that 'they' choose to use.

lol

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Antlers, it's one of the internal contradictions, or fault lines, in the American Conservative movement. Libertarian-right vs. nanny state right.

The left has plenty of its own inconsistencies.

That's why it's best to be somewhere in the middle! grin

Things are changing fast on the marijuana front and I think those who have knowledge or experience with it need to be polite advocates out there, and help folks understand it in a less biased, more rational fashion, which is all I'm trying to do here. I doubt any psychoactive substance can be said to be 100% "good" but this one comes close. Non-toxic, cheap as long as it's legalized properly (as in, NOT how Washington did it!), and with many beneficial properties.

That's in addition to just being a damn fine buzz. We are adults here. Ain't nothing wrong with a man catching a buzz on his own time, either, if you want to just reduce it to THAT.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I've been around the stuff enough to have a damn good opinion of it, and I've also been around enough people who were high,

Few things can make a person so stupid, in under 15 minutes, than a Joint,

thats the big difference between alcohol and pot.

For the record, I'm against legalized pot, This in time will become known as a mistake, Bank on it.

and yes, I'd like my Governments help to help prevent some stoner from driving into me.

Once again, I've been around too much of it, Seen what it does to people, so don't try and tell me any different.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kenneth
...I'd like my Governments help to help prevent some stoner from driving into me...

Then you are part of the problem. Because, for one thing, the government cannot help you.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by Kenneth
...I'd like my Governments help to help prevent some stoner from driving into me...

Then you are part of the problem. Because, for one thing, the government cannot help you.

Right on brother, lets do away with speed limits too, they don't help either huh?

I suppose drunk driving laws don't help either huh?

yeah, I'm part of the problem, 500 million people in North America and there's no need for some form of Structure.

Right on.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The government attempting to legislate morality has been a dismal failure in EVERY instance, and there is more than ample proof of that.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by NeBassman
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by BarryC
You smoke a joint, you are stoned. You drink one serving of alcohol and you are unaffected.
That's as far as I'm going in rehashing the subject for the Nth time.

Not at all. It all depends on the tolerance of the individual (how long and often they drink or smoke).

There is a difference between being "high" and being "stoned", just like there is a difference between being "mildly buzzed" and "totally chit faced" when drinking.

Really? Would let someone "high" or "mildly buzzed" drive your kids around town for awhile? LEO's in Oregon and Colorado are witnessing the carnage of being minimally affected.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
It's always funny...and more than a little bit hypocritical...to see those who post and profess to being 'conservatives' and 'Republicans' giving lip service to 'freedom' and 'less government control' over their lives...but yet at the same time they are threatened by, or simply don't like, extending that same freedom to others. And they 'want' the government to exert control over those other people's lives who choose an intoxicant that's different than the one that 'they' choose to use.

lol

This.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (22250rem, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 219DW, 63 invisible), 2,528 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,202
Posts18,485,245
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.