Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
And, the new synthetic stuff on the streets is so much more powerful that every encounter is a game of dosage roulette. Many will die.

Cincinnati's had 50 OD's in the past 2 days. They must be cutting it with some high-octane stuff.

When the pills run out, people find H cheaper & easier to get.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
yep and french fries and soda pop are killing us also but people still drink and eat it dont they.....some of you guys amaze me you think it cant happen to you but it can it doesnt always happen to the bad people as you think it does.....

I have had it on both sides of my family, we work hard every day for what we have and for the most part have done things right in order to live but it but it can affect anybody and when you think it cant watch out because when you finally realize what is going on it can be to late or a very long road..........

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Over 50 O.D.'s in 48 hours here in Cincy. It's rampant.

Buy once, cry once.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And we stand by and watch the farmers in Afghanistan growing and selling that shiet. And we made it safe for them with our hands off policy.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by gene270
yep and french fries and soda pop are killing us also but people still drink and eat it dont they.....some of you guys amaze me you think it cant happen to you but it can it doesnt always happen to the bad people as you think it does.....

I have had it on both sides of my family, we work hard every day for what we have and for the most part have done things right in order to live but it but it can affect anybody and when you think it cant watch out because when you finally realize what is going on it can be to late or a very long road..........

I have to respectfully disagree Gene, it takes a special kind of stupid to fool with that stuff in the first place, most here are not that stupid.

And I can guarantee you it will never happen to me.

Trump Won!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I agree with the Darwin angle. Drugs are a good sorter outer.

No so sure about that. Even good kids do stupid stuff now and then. Get drunk for a weekend and you have a massive hangover. Get drunk one weekend and do heroin and your hooked and your life is never the same on many levels. Serious price to pay.

There were few kids stupider than me when I was young. Got plenty shtfaced many times. Still smart enough not to do heroin; or hang out with those who did.

It's sad that some of these losers come from good families; the parents have my sympathy if they raised the kid right.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Heroin? It should be given away free to all who believe in a "hands off" government approach. Universities and colleges should be especially targeted as it will broaden the mind and body experience of higher education.
As long as I don't have to pay for it who gives a crap.
And when they are done using it, we can get a big bulldozer and push 'em all into a mass grave. The Darwin theory works every time.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 08/25/16.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I know of one family that has been torn apart by the addiction of their now adult son. As a kid he was a national class ski racer who earned a scholarship to BYU. After BYU he tried to get into medical school, but his ego got in the way and the only medical schools that he applied to rejected him. While he was trying to decide what he was going to do with his life, he had a car accident, injured his back, and started down the long road of addiction to oxycontin. For the past 13 years he has alternately embraced and fought his addiction. He lost a wife and several girl friends along the way and nearly drove his parents to divorce. His addiction has damaged his life and ruined most of his relationships. Both his father and his mother have told me that they worry that they're going to get a call in the middle of the night, telling them that their son is dead. They also told me that the anticipation of his death is so bad that they wish that he'd kill himself, so that they could get on with their lives.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
yep it is a stupid thing to do and why they do it is beyond me but then we have people that drink alcohol, smoke, have un protected sex,
drive drunk , eat fatty foods, it goes on and on all of us have been stupid at one time or another ......kids dont always follow good advice know do they and there are a lot of GOOD parents that have GOOD kids that have experienced this tragedy

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
They also told me that the anticipation of his death is so bad that they wish that he'd kill himself, so that they could get on with their lives.

This is what I wish my brother in-law would do, It would be much easier on my wife and her parents......At least it would be over and there would be no more worrying and wondering.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And we stand by and watch the farmers in Afghanistan growing and selling that shiet. And we made it safe for them with our hands off policy.

Again the majority of heroin coming into the US today is coming from South America. Afghanistan grows and produces a ton of it but the stuff hitting our streets is coming from our neighbors to the south.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna

I had a nephew die of heroin over dose this past year in Ohio. He left two orphan boys, and a devastated family. What can I say? He was a loser, a druggie, a useless POS. Even if he WAS family.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of Cookie's nephews just lost a son to an OD. One day out of rehab. Pretty good family, but I guess the biological father (not in the picture at present) was a serious user. Pretty much cleaning them out to plant or cremate him.

I must be blind. See/hear all kinds of mentions locally, but I never seem to notice. Guess I should hang out down town during the later hours.

Last edited by 1minute; 08/25/16.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Heroin is not the epidemic. Opioids are the epidemic. They have been for over a decade. It seems that people care more when their kids are buying it on a street corner than they do when they're getting it out of their medicine cabinet or a "pain clinic".

Or the local ER. You are SO right on this. And the government is first and foremost complicit in it. They have set up the system so that millions and millions of Americans can go to the ER, as many times as they want, free of charge (to them). And the reimbursement system, from the government, is now (with ObamaCare) based upon patient satisfaction. The CEO's of the hospital 'want' that government money first and foremost...no matter what...so they 'strongly encourage' the ER docs to make those patients happy, by whatever means necessary, so those patients will give the hospital good marks on the surveys.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most of us have seen, and many even lived beside, tragic situations associated with drug addicition and other poor choices. This can end in horrible waste. However, and as ever, some people chose dangerous behavior and habits no matter how bad the known outcomes and no matter how poentially terrible the effects on those who love them.

The reasons why they do so are varied. but the decisions are the same. The thrills or escapes, or etc. at the time of choice are more important to them than long-term health - and, often, life itself.

This is not to judge their goodness or evil in relation to others - it is to note the reality of what we do as humans. Although not a Darwinist, I understand his ideas and theories - and those who see such things at work in these cases are making an apt application. The issue is not the price, or potency, or availability of the drug or activity - the issue is human behavior. Sometimes we can be our own worst enemies. Selectivity matters.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
humans began as a poor but barely acceptable design. obviously.

the design is not perfect. we all know that.

people sometimes want to escape the awfulness.

others degrade them for their wanting/needing to be honest.

we've created a mess. even the religionists who walk amongst us know that.

the original design was as good as possible, but it wasn't for certain given the availability of raw materials.

let's get past the "i am the Master of my Life" bs. shall we?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

I had a nephew die of heroin over dose this past year in Ohio. He left two orphan boys, and a devastated family. What can I say? He was a loser, a druggie, a useless POS. Even if he WAS family.

My BIL has two wonderful kids........You know you've reached loser status when you become a liability to your kids and family.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus

No, I don't think we shall. Nor should we.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Gus

No, I don't think we shall. Nor should we.

well, ok. no argument from me. just hold on to what you've got.

and the best to ya as well.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Heroin really isn't the problem...

It's easier for me to get Heroin than it is to get antibiotics...And yet... I am not an addict.

Unfortunately, as you can tell from my post, I don't need it...apparently just the coffee is enough for some of us.

Addicts have a dysfunctional mentality, yes...but that mentality was present in their brains before the heroin. Medical models don't understand that addiction to anything is a systemic disease regardless of the object of the addiction, so there is no effective treatment...that's why recovery is so elusive.

Responsibility for addiction is on the addicts and the co-dependents who enable them.

As we all know from our own history, prohibition clearly doesn't work. All that prohibition accomplished was to empower the worst of criminals like Capone and the Kennedys. The Clintons and Obama are the primary direct decendents of that blunder.

Today, making drugs illegal just empowers other undesirable groups on both sides of the law that we really don't want having those resources...as far as I am concerned, they are all the same.

I say let addicts have all the Heroin they want.

The better option is to immediately legalize it, subsidize it under Obama Care...all drugs should be.

It's an epidemic but the Spanish Flu, Smallpox and the Plague didn't kill everyone at the time and eventually died out...as this one will.

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night..."
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 51 invisible), 2,665 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,631
Posts18,474,307
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.