Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
...I can't stand potheads...I've never met one that was worth a chit...
The part that chaffs me is when the welfare state intermingles with the pot culture and we have multitudes of "disabled" people drawing government (my) money to sit around and get stoned. I send about 40% of my paycheck to the government, money that I get from working a job that requires me to work a 24/7 schedule all over the globe and is in the process undoubtedly shortening my lifespan. A job that requires me to randomly pee in a cup so the government can be sure I'm not smoking the same weed that my wages are being confiscated for to pay some loser to sit around and smoke.

All of these things are failures of the welfare state. I feel no different about this than unwed mothers spitting out babies they won't pay for. I don't care what you do or how you justify it, I'm just tired of paying for it.

Sounds like your anger is misdirected. Hating on potheads to cover up your .gov denial.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
This comes as a surprise? Many if not most of the chronically destitute got that way by making poor decisions. A high percentage of them are already alcoholics and/or addicts. Making marijuana legal and more easily available can have only one result.

This.^^^^^^^^

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yup. It's like Sgt. Stadenko told us in Sister Mary's class: " Only dopes use dope."

Eat moose, burn spruce
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
In keeping with the "confines of your own home" hand's off policy, most child abuse and neglect occur in the home. So dysfunctional parents and pedophiles get a pass I guess.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
America's lower class are poor because they are either lazy or stupid. You might be able to fix lazy, but there is no cure of stupid.

Sam......

IC B2

BarryC Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Okay, time to lighten it up with some jokes.

What's the difference between a drunk driver and a stoned driver at a stop sign?

The drunk blows through it at 60 mph and t-bones a car, killing everyone in it. The stoner sits at the stop sign for 20 minutes waiting for it to turn green.

How many stoners does it take to change a light bulb? Doesn't matter, they forgot where they put the spare bulbs.

How many drunks does it take to change a light bulb? "What the f*ck you talking about my light bulb for, you f*cking ass-hole?! I'm gonna kick your f*ckin' ass!!!"

How do you know if there's a stoner in your house? The refrigerator is empty.

How do you know if there is a drunk in your house? The front end of his car sticking through your living room wall should give you a clue.

What's a stoner's favorite TV show? The test pattern. (older kids will remember this)

What's a drunk's favorite TV show? "You f*cking ass hole!! Change the f*cking channel, you f*cking worthless bitch or Ill kick your f*cking ass!!! How come you haven't brought me another beer yet, you f*cking stupid c*nt? You want me to smack you in the other eye? Huh? Do ya?! C'mon, give me one f*cking excuse to beat the sh*t out of you, you goddam worthless whore. Sh*t, I'm gonna kick your f*cking ass anyway just for turnin' on the TV while I'm trying to drink!"

Unfortunately, those jokes perpetuate false stereotypes.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
In keeping with the "confines of your own home" hand's off policy, most child abuse and neglect occur in the home. So dysfunctional parents and pedophiles get a pass I guess.

You can't honestly be that stupid. You know what he meant by that statement, and it didn't include harming others. You want to smoke pot in your house, I don't think its anybodies business but yours. If you can't see a difference between smoking pot and diddling kids you got bigger problems to work on bud.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've read a report stating medical pot sells at between 9-16 dollars per gram. That would be a lot of money to pay for high grade medical pot. I rather think the source is elsewhere.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

You can't honestly be that stupid. You know what he meant by that statement, and it didn't include harming others. You want to smoke pot in your house, I don't think its anybodies business but yours. If you can't see a difference between smoking pot and diddling kids you got bigger problems to work on bud.

Actually he is unfit for LE.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Not "no rules" because there's always going to be rules in public, rightfully so. Just that the government has been the biggest benefactor from the failed war on drugs. In the confines of my house it's no ones god damn business what I do.

Agreed, but.........going along with what Scott points out:

The confines of the (won't use "your as I think it's inappropriate) home stop being so when Johnny Dopehead gets a hot load of heroin, etc. Now it's "our" (society's) problem. I'd wager less than 5% of the ODs I've seen have insurance. "They" have a fail-safe and know it.

For disclosure......yes, I understand that this discussion originated with pot and some of these issues don't apply to that particular drug.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Not "no rules" because there's always going to be rules in public, rightfully so. Just that the government has been the biggest benefactor from the failed war on drugs. In the confines of my house it's no ones god damn business what I do.

Agreed, but.........going along with what Scott points out:

The confines of the (won't use "your as I think it's inappropriate) home stop being so when Johnny Dopehead gets a hot load of heroin, etc. Now it's "our" (society's) problem. I'd wager less than 5% of the ODs I've seen have insurance. "They" have a fail-safe and know it.

For disclosure......yes, I understand that this discussion originated with pot and some of these issues don't apply to that particular drug.

George

I'm assuming no one has a problem with 3 Muslims building a biological bomb in the confines of their own home, so long as the don't detonate it.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Grow your own, no taxes that way

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I personally know of a retired O & G guy that reached senior manager status with a major that f ukked around with all sorts of pleasures whilst in high school and college. One of my college room mates, who was a major smoker, i.e. all day long, graduated top of class and owns a significant accounting firm in LA. So, yeah, results vary.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by deflave
That article is a ginormous POS.

Dave

I agree with you dave

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Don't confuse Heroin use with smoking weed. Too many in your age bracket self-medicate with the afternoon drink that becomes the evening bender and blends into the 9pm drunken rage.

Let's outlaw Royal Crown first

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
I don't believe I confused anything........why aren't you willing to go "all the way" if legalization is on the table?

What's my age bracket, BTW?

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Old and cranky

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Ps

We have legalized it here in Alaska and that's fine with me. I don't use the stuff but let's treat it just like Booz and tobacco, tax the crap out of it and move on

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
You, at least, remain consistently wrong.

Though I suppose I'm likely a lot older than the young men you prefer.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Wow!!! That was a Zinger!

DA!

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

405 members (160user, 17CalFan, 22250rem, 10Glocks, 280shooter, 2500HD, 35 invisible), 1,745 guests, and 1,066 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,874
Posts18,478,818
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.