Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shaman
Originally Posted by KFWA
[Linked Image]

Care to guess what model and year that is?

Irish, maybe 79 or 80

OH! you meant the bike! took me a minute to see a bike

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Move on for now. If you're striving for accuracy, that is.

Give them their due and interview the neighbor gals when they return.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Let's focus on details for a bit. These would be bikes that would be customized for extreme long distance hauls. I just don't know the details. Jim, you mentioned a chopper with ape hangers.

What would y'all think these chicks would have done to their bikes to make them ready for extremely long rides? Also, their profession demands that they be able to take passengers on the back. What sort of seats are we talking?

Maybe a 1982 Honda Silverwing -http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/Honda/honda_gl500_silver_wing%2082.htm

[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
My question is this: If you saw two women with flowing blonde hair in identical pearly fringed riding attire out on the highway riding identical pearly white motorcycles, what would they be? Look deep into your mind's eye and let me know.

Dykes on bikes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Last edited by Tracks; 08/30/16.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The ones I've known were Harley fans...mostly sportsters back in the eighties, but their choices seem as varied as anybody else. I've seen em on everything from little scooters to Goldwings and full dress Harleys and everything in between.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

My question is this: If you saw two women with flowing blonde hair in identical pearly fringed riding attire out on the highway riding identical pearly white motorcycles, what would they be? Look deep into your mind's eye and let me know.

Bonus: I'm setting this novel in the spring of 1982. If we can keep it to make and model that was available on or before June 1, 1982, I'd appreciate it.

Many thanks in advance.

Ok... 1982, Harley-Davidson motorcycles weren't the reliable road bikes they make today. You needed to be a mechanic to keep them running.

That being said, anyone who rode Harleys in 1982 knew their way around a set of wrenches, yaknowhatImeanVern? And anyone who aspired to the label "biker" rode a Harley, or one of the lesser-known English makes like Triumph or Norton.

So for your purposes I'd say your smokin' hot lesbian biker bitches are tough gals, they know how to twist a wrench or an arm as needed, they pack heat, and they don't take no sch!tt from nobody. They ain't gonna be ridin' no geezer-glider Ultras.

No, they're going to be riding a coupe of Sport Glides. Here's where you can look at pics. I don't see any pearl-white pix, but you can use your imagination: they would want to be on bad-ass bikes that looked like this, and performed at the peak of performance for their day.

https://www.google.com/search?q=198...=0ahUKEwinrpTh9unOAhVM6yYKHcywCHUQsAQIIA

Most bike-dykes I know don't carry passengers, so in the case of your two gals, I'd maybe have one bike with a simple passener pillion, and the other with the rider's saddle only.

Just my take.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
shaman Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Well, in actuality, they're not Lesbians. I only thought they were when I told Ken Howell I was going to send them out to visit him. As I found out much later, they're Valkyries-- shield maidens of Odin. I just figured they swung that way, because I never saw any guys at their place, and they travelled everywhere together. It's a long story.

They only get back to the trailer once in a blue moon when they've got mandatory downtime, and then they're back out on the road, picking up the fallen for their trip to Valhalla. Frankly, I don't know why they plant tomatoes every year. I end up watering them all summer.

About the only time I see them, they're either in their leather travelling clothes or in a bikini in their outdoor hot tub. They'll be home for a day or two and then you'll hear their bikes fire up-- usually late at night, and they go tearing up the road and up into the clouds.

Pooh and I try to make it over while they're home. They fix us fondue and serve us this wickedly good drink made from distilled mead. It has a whallop to it like Thor's hammer, and it's positively the best stuff out there. They bring a keg back from work every now and again.

Oh, by the way, I forgot to tell y'all: Ken says howdy! Curtis LeMay introduced him around, and he's now hanging with the Mauser Brothers, John Browning, and Jim Corbett. They're all going bird hunting soon.

Hot Gossip: Alvin York was walking by the Marine's Stammtisch the other day and told Pres O'Bannon to get his "[bleep] pig sticker" out of the way, because it was blocking the aisle. Chesty Puller went to intercede, but Elmer Ellsworth tripped him. Puller said Ellsworth's red pantaloons made him look like a [bleep]. It took weeks to break up the ensuing brawl. They're seriously thinking of moving the Army table over to the other side of the room.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by joken2
Let's focus on details for a bit. These would be bikes that would be customized for extreme long distance hauls. I just don't know the details. Jim, you mentioned a chopper with ape hangers.

What would y'all think these chicks would have done to their bikes to make them ready for extremely long rides? Also, their profession demands that they be able to take passengers on the back. What sort of seats are we talking?

Maybe a 1982 Honda Silverwing -http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/Honda/honda_gl500_silver_wing%2082.htm

[Linked Image]

Good bike for a lesbian. Just not very cool lesbians. shocked grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Death Trap is the best description. Lost two brother in laws.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Actually the SILVER Wing was a good little bike. I rode one from Ohio toL.A. in '92. Rode it daily in L.A. traffic for a couple of years.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Tell me about the girls. Where are they from? Where were they educated? Where are they going on these motorcycles? What are they taking with them? What are their interests? If they went into a bar, what kind of a bar would it be? Do they smoke weed, or drink wine...or both? What's their economic situation? Could they afford brand new bikes, used but newer model bikes, or cobbled together classics?

If they were taking the same trip in a car, what kind of car would you picture?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hmmm,, If these chicks are hard core riding thru the sky bad azzed biker babes, then they otta be on Hardtails with Panhead engines, peanut tanks, lots a chrome, with cool paint, ape hangers, sissy bars, with cool pipes and such, like Easy Rider 60's chopper kinda scooters.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I would say - most likely a frisco-ish style bike, probably a shovel and a sportster. King/queen seat. Maybe a pan - depending on their financial status.

Lots of Pans till out there then.

You can strap a lot of schittt to a queen seat for x-country scoots.

Most likely they'd have a mexican blanket rolled and strapped to the back or the fork area.

[Linked Image]

Me

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
GS 750 Suzuki

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
You should know about what you write. Take MC lessons, maybe rent one to try it. As for the neighbors, I am pretty sure I am a lesbian, too. I can always spot long legs and long hair.

shaman Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

70's build Custom Hardtail 1956 Harley Panhead Chopper

CUSTOMIZED PARTS

10" Over Columbus Springer Front end
Raked neck and smoothed frame( one spot of broken bondo on the neck(see pics)
Original 1956 Linkert intake and carb
18" front rim/tire (tire/ tube will need replaced due to dry rot, ut do hold air)
Custom "frisco" peanut tank w/ reaper air brushed paint(see pics)
air brushed horseshoe oil tank
Brown marbled leather camel hump King/Queen seat ( beautiful condition w/ no cracks or tears{see pics})
Twisted iron highway pegs
Rabbit Ear handlebars
Custom street sweeper exhaust

Extra modifications for the girls:

Pearlescent paint job that looks like moonlight on water.
Pearlescent protective runes on the sides of the peanut tank that glow in moonlight.
Ape hangers. (Would Ape hangers be better than the Rabbit Ears for Long Distance trips?)
A custom sissy bar that looks like a hand-and-a-half sword. Actually it's a real bastard sword, and it can be accessed with the flip of a lever.
White buck saddle bags with fringe. White leather compression bag on back of sissy bar.
A small switch on the right handlebar marked "Afterburner"
A protected switch on the left handlebar marked "Drogue Deploy"
POW/MIA license plate holder.

Whatcha think?

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Well, in actuality, they're not Lesbians.

You should be ashamed of yourself for leading us on like that!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by teal
I would say - most likely a frisco-ish style bike, probably a shovel and a sportster. King/queen seat. Maybe a pan - depending on their financial status.

Lots of Pans till out there then.

You can strap a lot of schittt to a queen seat for x-country scoots.

Most likely they'd have a mexican blanket rolled and strapped to the back or the fork area.

[Linked Image]

Good looking old school pan head chopper but per Shaman's posted requirements I wouldn't think the hard tail frame and thinly padded seat would be the most desireable set-up for comfortable extreme long distance runs. The straight pipes would probably get tiresome listening to after a while too. The small capacity tank would mean the rider would have to stop for gas more frequently.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Semi buck horn bars like on my old bike. In fact the 76 Liberty Edition I rode for twenty years would be a good choice.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

490 members (1234, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 37 invisible), 2,170 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,125
Posts18,483,808
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.