F
ftbt Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
So says Director Comey in a memo to FBI employees. See:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2016/images/09/07/comey2.pdf

I didn't know his decisions as to what is and what is not "prosecutable" was a part of his job description.

From the FBI's web site it states its Mission & Priorities as follows:

"Mission & Priorities

The FBI today is considered one of the world’s premier security and crime-fighting forces. Reporting to both the attorney general and director of national intelligence, the Bureau has dual responsibilities as a law enforcement and intelligence agency ..."

See: https://www.fbi.gov/about/mission

Somehow they must have missed the part on the web site that talks about its newly found mission and function as deciding whether alleged criminal cases that they investigate actually get prosecuted or not.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There could be a shred of truth to that; after all, it is Hillary Clinton...who is even slicker than Slick Willie. If they tried to prosecute, I'm sure they'd have an epic fight on their hands.

Still, seems pretty clear to me she violated the law. I'm unaware that you have to know you violated the law in order to be prosecuted, and that's her only defense. Since she wasn't at the briefing, she supposedly didn't "know" the rules.

Which is complete BS...she spends 8 years in the White House, and then SecState, and doesn't know the rules? REALLY? No one buys that, I don't think for a minute that a jury would buy it.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Absolutely no trust in obama admin.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
That wasn't Dick Comey's call.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by GunGeek
There could be a shred of truth to that; after all, it is Hillary Clinton...who is even slicker than Slick Willie. If they tried to prosecute, I'm sure they'd have an epic fight on their hands.

Still, seems pretty clear to me she violated the law. I'm unaware that you have to know you violated the law in order to be prosecuted, and that's her only defense. Since she wasn't at the briefing, she supposedly didn't "know" the rules.

Which is complete BS...she spends 8 years in the White House, and then SecState, and doesn't know the rules? REALLY? No one buys that, I don't think for a minute that a jury would buy it.

I'd like to try the 'didn't know the law' routine on a game warden sometime...every Spring we have a walleye run; size limit 15", every fish 14.75". I don't think I need to wonder how that conversation would go, or the resulting fines. But then I guess a Secretary of State is justified in being too busy to really get into the in's and out's of boring stuff like properly handling classified documents.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The very first thing you learn as a teenager in Drivers Ed.- "Ignorance is no excuse!"

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I think Cheryl Mills and Huma Abadin are in trouble, but nothing will stick to the slime covering the Clintons.

Are they willing to go to prison for covering her hiney? An awful lot of people have gone to prison covering for them, will those two do it?

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
She broke the law, and put National security at risk. She will not be prosecuted for it, I guess. There is no justice.

Last edited by benchman; 09/07/16.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I think Cheryl Mills and Huma Abadin are in trouble, but nothing will stick to the slime covering the Clintons.

Are they willing to go to prison for covering her hiney? An awful lot of people have gone to prison covering for them, will those two do it?

Might beat the alternative. I'd guess if the local mafia boss 'suggested' you do a short stretch, maybe a little pocket money on the other side, it could be compelling to accept an offer you can't refuse.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Comey was bought. I hope it was lots of cash, I hate to think America went cheap.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The orders were passed down, orders were followed!

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
comeys a damn liar, just a gutless boy in a mans suite doing what he's told!

Trump Won!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
obama has really deep pockets.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by ftbt
So says Director Comey in a memo to FBI employees. See:

I didn't know his decisions as to what is and what is not "prosecutable" was a part of his job description.

From the FBI's web site it states its Mission & Priorities as follows:

"Mission & Priorities

The FBI today is considered one of the world’s premier security and crime-fighting forces. Reporting to both the attorney general and director of national intelligence, the Bureau has dual responsibilities as a law enforcement and intelligence agency ..."

See: https://www.fbi.gov/about/mission

Somehow they must have missed the part on the web site that talks about its newly found mission and function as deciding whether alleged criminal cases that they investigate actually get prosecuted or not.

What the MSM and everyone else seems to be missing is that its not the job of the director of the FBI to decide whether a case is prosecutable (or should be prosecuted). The person who decides that question is the prosecutor himself---in this case the United States Attorney. The fix was in from the get go. Comey's role was to undermine any possible prosecutorial decision to file by establishing very early on the narrative that there was no prosecutable case---even though it's the AG's job to decide that question---not Comey's. After all, what is the likelihood that Lynch would file on Clinton if the FBI was saying there was no case? But really, its not even Comey's call. The other thing is Comey said her conduct was "reckless" which is precisely the requisite legal standard. He then conflates that with her lack of intent. But again, the standard is criminal negligence, not intent. Comey is so ignorant of the law he conflates the two. But again, the fix was in. The other thing is, Lynch was never going to file anyway, but her making the decision (not to prosecute) would have been much more politically suspect than Comey's, that is why everyone agreed (the powers that be) that Comey would take the fall so Lynch would not be subject to the withering criticism that would surely have come if she said the case should not be prosecuted.

Jordan

Last edited by RobJordan; 09/07/16.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Yeah...she's as pure as the driven snow on an August afternoon in Arkansas

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Good explanation. Thank you.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by benchman
Good explanation. Thank you.

Thanks. Now I've got to get back to butt-ph%$#king some inmates. wink

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RobJordan
[quote=ftbt]So says Director Comey in a memo to FBI employees. See:

I didn't know his decisions as to what is and what is

What the MSM and everyone else seems to be missing is that its not the job of the director of the FBI to decide whether a case is prosecutable (or should be prosecuted). The person who decides that question is the prosecutor himself---in this case the United States Attorney. The fix was in from the get go. Comey's role was to undermine any possible prosecutorial decision to file by establishing very early on the narrative that there was no prosecutable case---even though it's the AG's job to decide that question---not Comey's. After all, what is the likelihood that Lynch would file on Clinton if the FBI was saying there was no case? But really, its not even Comey's call. The other thing is Comey said her conduct was "reckless" which is precisely the requisite legal standard. He then conflates that with her lack of intent. But again, the standard is criminal negligence, not intent. Comey is so ignorant of the law he conflates the two. But again, the fix was in. The other thing is, Lynch was never going to file anyway, but her making the decision (not to prosecute) would have been much more politically suspect than Comey's, that is why everyone agreed (the powers that be) that Comey would take the fall so Lynch would not be subject to the withering criticism that would surely have come if she said the case should not be prosecuted.

Jordan

Hence his being bought, I'll guarantee you he didn't take the hit for Lynch without setting his price.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Comey arrived at the "non-recommendation?" because he knew or was told by Lynch that she was not going to prosecute. So Comey did the "dirty work" for Lynch.
Essentially the "fix" was in.

Last Friday's document dump before the Labor Day weekend by the FBI doesn't help Comey's credibility either. It is typical of the Obongo administration.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Comey is a messenger boy nothing else.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (beefan, 300_savage, BangPop, 907brass, 8 invisible), 1,452 guests, and 840 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,591
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.