-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I heard that tannerite might have been involved, or was believed to be involved, and one of the head police honchos had no idea what the stuff was. crazy

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
I heard that tannerite might have been involved, or was believed to be involved, and one of the head police honchos had no idea what the stuff was. crazy

Someone's piling B.S.

Take a look at the steel dumpster that was tossed into the middle of the Avenue.

A low order explosive did NOT do that damage,....NO WAY.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 09/18/16.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Bomb missed me....I was just a few blocks from there yesterday bike riding.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Multiple sources reporting Tannerite residue was detected. It is indeed a high explosive though not an ideal one.

Admit it, you (all of you) knew that evil people would eventually figure it out. My guess is that the hard part was figuring out how to reliably detonate the stuff electrically without commercial components.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Tannerite coming to media attention via the shooting industry.

Even if it wasn't involved - it will be reported to be involved as they can't really go after guns on this, they won't go after Muslims, can't ban kitchen appliances, there has to be some way to spin it/cook the books against gun owners. Tannerite and gunpowder will be listed regardless of the truth.

Never let a crisis go to waste.....

Me

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by teal
Tannerite coming to media attention via the shooting industry.

Even if it wasn't involved - it will be reported to be involved as they can't really go after guns on this, they won't go after Muslims, can't ban kitchen appliances, there has to be some way to spin it/cook the books against gun owners. Tannerite and gunpowder will be listed regardless of the truth.

Never let a crisis go to waste.....
The liberal response to danger is to disarm the people being attacked. For a group that is supposed to be intellectually superior, they sure have some stupid ideas.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
"Wiser to wait"? Respectfully I must add:

Damn right. That lying scum.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Multiple sources reporting Tannerite residue was detected. It is indeed a high explosive though not an ideal one.

Admit it, you (all of you) knew that evil people would eventually figure it out. My guess is that the hard part was figuring out how to reliably detonate the stuff electrically without commercial components.

I'll "admit" that you don't seem to know much about explosives.

.....multiple sources have been telling us this was fired up by an angry homo, too.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by Klikitarik

Someone's piling B.S.

Take a look at the steel dumpster that was tossed into the middle of the Avenue.

A low order explosive did NOT do that damage,....NO WAY.

GTC

Tannerite is not a "low order" explosive. It is a very popular, powerful explosive used by terrorists all over the world.

Edit: Just read that the suspect is from Afghanistan. Guess what explosive they liked to use in their IEDs. Ammonium Nitrate and aluminum. I'm not saying that's what they used in NYC/NJ as I have not seen any credible intel yet, but it would not surprise me.

Last edited by Chris_EOD; 09/18/16.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, who said on Sunday that the attack did not appear to have a link to international terrorism, said new evidence might change that thinking.

come on Andy! it walks like a duck, it quacks like a duck, it craps where it lives like a duck. you can make a stretch and call it a duck.
liberalism is a mental disorder.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe I should have said "Lower Order?"

"Very Powerful"

....granted / agreed.

But do you classify it as HIGH explosive ?

GTC

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

"Very Powerful"

....granted / agreed.

GTC

Yes, it is definitely a high explosive.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Were one rating it against common dynamite

40% (ditching) ?

60% ( versatile, softer rock) ?

80%+ ( Hard Rock ) ?

I am NOT a 'military explosives' type,....all of my experience civilian,... would like to clarify some nomenclature here, and appreciate your expertise.

GTC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
High explosives having a threshold det velocity of 21k per second,tannerite, ammonium nitrate, dynamite,gelignite are still all low order (below 21kfps). I've used plenty of both and the high explosives act differently in effect. The addition of alumina boosts the heat levels of any blow to a very high level. A pressure cooker would hold about 10-12 lbs of TNT (HIGH explosive) and would have blown away half the front of the building and left a pretty decent crater in the concrete.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
High explosives having a threshold det velocity of 21k per second,tannerite, ammonium nitrate, dynamite,gelignite are still all low order (below 21kfps). I've used plenty of both and the high explosives act differently in effect. The addition of alumina boosts the heat levels of any blow to a very high level. A pressure cooker would hold about 10-12 lbs of TNT (HIGH explosive) and would have blown away half the front of the building and left a pretty decent crater in the concrete.

Jim, did you perhaps see the vid clip that played yesterday,....showed the dumpster / damage thereto.
I've seen and worked with some binaries that were absolutely fearsome, and sheer / pulverize iron,manganese, basalt,....STEEL.
Are these folks grouping any and all binaries into one bag labeled 'Tannerite ?"

GTC

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Chris_EOD

"Very Powerful"

....granted / agreed.

GTC

Yes, it is definitely a high explosive.

There's a video somewhere of some inbred shooting a lawnmower or something loaded with tannerite and the explosion blows the idiot's leg off. He looked to be some distance away too.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No I did not Greg. However, when someone eventually uses TNT or comp B we'll know it. If you have ever seen an 81 or 82mm mortar shell detonate, you saw about 2 lbs of comp B or TNT go off. Perspective.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The suspect is in custody following a shootout. I feel confident the news will break shortly that he carried out the attacks in the name of Christianity.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
They have referenced residues from Tannerite in one device, and black powder in another.

You know they will try to take away both.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jorgeI
There's a video somewhere of some inbred shooting a lawnmower or something loaded with tannerite and the explosion blows the idiot's leg off. He looked to be some distance away too.

The dipschit was only 75 feet away with 3 pounds of tannerite in the mower.
Link.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (160user, 1minute, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 66 invisible), 2,580 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,343
Posts18,487,754
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.