-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 20 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There are only 2 choices: God exists or he does not exist. Can you rely on using only your head to decide?

Lets say that God does not exist. You have 2 choices. You can incorrectly have faith that he does or you can believe that he doesn't. So what if you're wrong? Believers will live a different life on earth then die. End of story. Non-believers will also die. End of their story, too. It's all the same in the end so the only difference is how you live.

Lets say that God (and Jesus) do exist. Again you have 2 choices but the outcomes are radically different this time. If you believe, when you die you will spend eternity in heaven with the Lord, a glorious place free of pain and sin. If you don't believe, you will be confronted with the Lord's judgement and an eternity in a lake of fire. Yes, the Bible does say exactly that.

Are you willing to put your eternal soul at risk because of your opinions? If you believe and are wrong, no big deal. If you don't believe and are wrong, there's no turning back. Your destiny is decided and the pain is terrible. You have the choice while you live.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
I would like to thank efw, achadwick, Shaman, R White, Acesn, RickyD and the other saints for their input.

Now I can be flamed for calling believers saints but that's in the Holy Bible also.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I ain't never been called a saint nor am I even close. I'm an [bleep] and very imperfect, I say whatever is on my mind without regard for feelings and fall short of grace all the time. I'm someone that believes in God and Jesus Christ as his son sent for our salvation. I believe, not to hedge my bets but because I've seen his works and I've seen him act in my life.

My mom was a saint and I'm nowhere as good as mom was.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Seems we have a bit of a straw man going here.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Biblical definition of saint is anyone who's saved. Our modern definition makes it sound like you have to be perfect. The Catholic practice of glorifying people hasn't helped a bit. No saint can answer your prayers, Catholic or otherwise.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
How can you find out if God exists?

The presence of the question within you is the evidence you seek.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The Biblical definition of saint is anyone who's saved. Our modern definition makes it sound like you have to be perfect. The Catholic practice of glorifying people hasn't helped a bit. No saint can answer your prayers, Catholic or otherwise.

Amen, and thank you also for your great posts on this and other christian threads.

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona

That's a perfect answer.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona

Hmm. is Hitler still alive?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
There are only 2 choices: God exists or he does not exist. Can you rely on using only your head to decide?

Lets say that God does not exist. You have 2 choices. You can incorrectly have faith that he does or you can believe that he doesn't. So what if you're wrong? Believers will live a different life on earth then die. End of story. Non-believers will also die. End of their story, too. It's all the same in the end so the only difference is how you live.

Lets say that God (and Jesus) do exist. Again you have 2 choices but the outcomes are radically different this time. If you believe, when you die you will spend eternity in heaven with the Lord, a glorious place free of pain and sin. If you don't believe, you will be confronted with the Lord's judgement and an eternity in a lake of fire. Yes, the Bible does say exactly that.

Are you willing to put your eternal soul at risk because of your opinions? If you believe and are wrong, no big deal. If you don't believe and are wrong, there's no turning back. Your destiny is decided and the pain is terrible. You have the choice while you live.

God created Pascal's Wager. Good bet he knows all about betting the odds for salvation and has the just sentence for it.

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I would like to thank efw, achadwick, Shaman, R White, Acesn, RickyD and the other saints for their input.

Smell the long con?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by carbon12
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Smell the long con?

Certainly sounds familiar.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Deuteronomy 29:29New International Version (NIV)

29 The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted By AcesNeights
Why do the non-believers always feel compelled to respond to these threads? It's as if they possess no self-control and their need to show their ass is so overwhelming that they just can't resist.

I wonder if their ignorance is so paralyzing that they don't realize they don't have to open the thread. Like moths to a flame...

Why do the believers always feel compelled to pretend they are somehow superior and need to show their ass?

You say they are "ignorant" but you expect them to believe in your fairy tale with no proof it's real.

That seems more ignorant to me.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

So are you praying towards Mecca 5 times a day?
If not you can't get to paradise.
The Koran says that.

Or does a religion's rules only apply to to it's followers and no one else?

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Why do the non-believers always feel compelled to respond to these threads? It's as if they possess no self-control and their need to show their ass is so overwhelming that they just can't resist.

I wonder if their ignorance is so paralyzing that they don't realize they don't have to open the thread. Like moths to a flame...

If I was to start a thread asking other atheists about something, I guarantee all of the holy rollers would jump in and start preaching their myths and legends.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Its not just religion. If you go on a public forum and make definitive statement about something, almost anything, you can expect others who disagree will call you out on it. Religion just makes it worse because solid physical proof is usually lacking.

If you come on a forum and try to tell people how stupid they are for not believing that which you cannot prove, and then gloatingly tell them how one day you'll say "I told you so" whilst they burn for eternity in a lake of fire for not believing you, well, I guess some people will feel compelled to respond. Of course not all believers do this, and those who don't rarely get into these kind of pissin matches.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
we are not $hitting on him because he's Christian. there's plenty of good Christians here.

we are $hitting on him because he's an ass.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Fair enough. The difference as I see the OP is it was a question, not a claim. Just as questions are asked in the other forums. Those questions are intended for those with answers or helpful information.

I don't go on the cooking forum and shout down someone's use of paprika or go on the Australia forum and contradict them on the way to hunt kangaroo. Why would someone that doesn't believe in something spend so much energy telling others that do believe, not to believe? Just doesn't make sense. There's plenty of threads that the subject matter or premise is not important enough to comment on.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
You are just too logical.

So, you dont believe believers seek the face of God and seek affirmation from nonbelievers at the same time?

I suppose you are right, it being hard to serve two masters.

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 7 of 20 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (06hunter59, 16penny, 16gage, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 56 invisible), 2,773 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,624
Posts18,492,811
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.