-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
be interesting to see how the HK VP9 fairs as time wears on. HK makes some pretty good pistols. so were the older Sigs 22X series.
There are some Les Baer 1911s out there with some pretty impressive round counts.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a Glock 19 I bought about 3-4 years ago. It only has about a 200 rounds through it.
I had a few rounds of gun show reloads I got from my brother and had a Kaboom with the last one fired. Blew the magazine right out of the pistol.
Case failure at the unsupported ramp area. Stung my hand pretty good. Disassembled and inspected it, grabbed some factory ammo and kept shooting.
So far my Glock hasn't done the ejected case to the face that was plaguing Glocks a few years ago.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I saw an L frame Smith & Wesson at a Indoor range which was a rental gun.
The inside of the barrel was smooth like a shotgun.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Interesting test and good information.

Only thing I can add--this is a pristine range application. No rain,no mud, no sand, etc.

This is not a patrol through jungles, deserts, ghettos, etc.

Still extremely informative

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by 1911a1
I have a Glock 19 I bought about 3-4 years ago. It only has about a 200 rounds through it.
I had a few rounds of gun show reloads I got from my brother and had a Kaboom with the last one fired. Blew the magazine right out of the pistol.
Case failure at the unsupported ramp area. Stung my hand pretty good. Disassembled and inspected it, grabbed some factory ammo and kept shooting.
So far my Glock hasn't done the ejected case to the face that was plaguing Glocks a few years ago.

There is not a chance in hell I would shoot gun show reloads that Joe Bob the mouth breather, who picks up discarded range brass and throws together whatever cheap powder he can find, then sells at gun shows through my gun.

People have bad things happen with "reloads" like this, then want to blame the gun. crazy

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Ok, so Glock's don't always work, but they always work better than most.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Not surprisingly, Chinese AK's just go forever.
Very delighted to hear how well the SCAR is doing...it's one of my favorites.

I have one of those AKs. Milled something or other chicken tracks brand.

It has run forever. Its also very sucky at hitting things once you get to 200 yards.. yeah I probably can hit you somewhere every time.... but I wouldn't bet on a head hit every time.

Given my good ARS, I could hit you in a specific eye every time with a good rest....

I shot high master HP scores most all the time at the end of our career... went out and shot it with my AK... I dont' know if I even broke the minimum for marksman, though I did keep all rounds on the target the whole time at least, that means on the paper...

That said we are grasping hard for a glock 10mm that will fit the wifes hands.. the gen 1 does not... sure hoping to find a SF one and see if it was a waste of 600 bucks or not...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona
Thirty thousand rounds per month is just insane.

and if I might add, just a wee bit spendy.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I was just in Vegas for business, I noticed they have a lot of shooting places now. They pickup customers at the hotel in HUMVEE's, and it looked like they a lot of them. Glad to see that many people take interest in shooting, hopefully it brings a few more to our ranks.

I'm guessing those places must shoot 500k plus rounds a month, that's a lot of ammo.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Had the same thing happen with a Star Firestar 9 with the same results except the magazine wasn't damaged either.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
yeh, I knew better than to use that ammo but I stupidly did it anyway. The Glock held up well to what was probably a double charge.
about 27 years or so ago I watched a friend blow up a 45 Grizzly win mag with gun show reloads. It did a number on that pistol. my friend was not wearing safety glasses and was bleeding at several places on his face. Damn lucky nothing hit his eyes, Also he was lucky that pistol had Pachmayr grips instead of wood or he would have received some nasty splinters or worse.
The blast swelled the magazine so it could not be removed from the pistol.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by CraigD

If they start out working they normally continue to work. However, my new 30s didn't work from day one - failure to feed. It did this at least two to three times each magazine with hard ball ammo. Tried different magazines, same story.

Glock after replacing the recoil spring three times said to return it. They said that they would only accept the gun if it was sent Fed Ex overnight shipping and stated that they wouldn't pay for the shipping ($90). It turned out that the extractor was defective and was replaced. It now functions as it should have, but I am still mad about having to eat the shipping charges!

My G30S has been flawless so far, but it has not had anywhere near the rounds through it that my 9mm Glocks have had. That said, I continue to be impressed with the G19 sized G30S.

It sort of reminds me of an updated equivalent to a Lightweight Commander. In shooting the G30S, and a Colt LW commander, I have noted that the G30S is considerably easier to control during recoil, and shot to shot recovery times/split times are faster. Great gun.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm a 9mm GLock (Glock 43, Glock 17 and Glock 19) diehard.

There's a lot to like and nothing to dislike IMHO.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
also, I have a line on a Yugo SKS at $400?

Buy it?

I'm thinking house gun that if taken as evidence, no biggie.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What I find most entertaining is how some cheap guns really last. The Romanian AKs that have been best in class, the PSA ARs, etc.

I don't care how durable the AKs are. I'll probably never warm up to them. They just don't shoot worth a damn. I was out with the boy the other day with a FAL and a Norinco. He shot that FAL with some mangy ball into a little knot. The AK, he put a few shots together before the barrel started walking. The things just don't shoot past the first few rounds.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by BarryC

Had the same thing happen with a Star Firestar 9 with the same results except the magazine wasn't damaged either.
Those Star Firestars were very well made.. Heavy bastids, but a ton of features for the money.. I had one for a couple decades and sold it for the P-9 I have now.. It never failed me - but I never put yuge numbers of rounds through it..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

414 members (1Longbow, 17CalFan, 160user, 222Sako, 10ring1, 219DW, 36 invisible), 2,059 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,124
Posts18,483,776
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.