-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
sounds like he has a legitimate gripe to me. If no scouting was done because the guide was on a foreign hunt, Id be pissed as well.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Greg W,
Help me out here but isn't the intent of being part of a forum to share information so we can benefit in some way. Why did you read the post ....just to insult or respond in a negative way? Wow....I've been part of this forum for one day and there seems to be a lot of negativity and resentment. Why? Aren't we supposed to be on the same team.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Sounds like bad luck hunts to me.

I don't want my guides scouting all over the place, I want them to know the land and leave the animals alone until its time to find and kill one.

Wish you'd have gotten a world record ram cheap. Don't we all.

Information shared here is appreciated though. Sounds like I'd have no issues with them....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gerrygoat
Sometimes you see lots of sheep sometimes you don't, that's hunting........

gerrygoat;
Good afternoon to you sir, I trust this finds you all doing well.

I'm hearing from a few locals who did northern hunts this year that it was tough hunting with few animals seen and few yet taken.

Down here it's been more of the same - why that is I can't say, but it surely has been an odd hunting season in many ways already with silent bull elk and the whitetail seemingly vacuumed up by alien craft. wink

As you say sir - that's indeed hunting, isn't it?

To the OP, welcome to the 'Fire and to be clear I've no connection with the outfitter other than residing in the same province. It's a fairly big place though as it'd be two reasonably long days drive north - 23 odd hours - to get to where you hunted from here.

All the best to all who hunt here this fall.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 09/25/16. Reason: looked up how long to drive would be

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by rost495

I don't want my guides scouting all over the place, I want them to know the land and leave the animals alone until its time to find and kill one.

Information shared here is appreciated though. Sounds like I'd have no issues with them....

Fully agree.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by acooper1983
sounds like he has a legitimate gripe to me. If no scouting was done because the guide was on a foreign hunt, Id be pissed as well.

"Scouting" elusive Stone, and Dall, can spook them, and they think NOTHING of moving several valleys.

You'd be well advised to stick to playing fantasy sniper from mocked up roof tops, and leave honest and capable guides / outfitters that KNOW what they're doing in peace.

Wouldn't want you "Pissed".

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by rost495

Fully agree.

EXACTLY !!!

Man we've read some dum-bassed chit here on this thread sick

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
And then there's the after-the-fact inquiry in the AK forum.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
These argument have no winner. Sheep Hunter has a right to voice his displeasure after forking out 20 grand and not seeing a shoot able Ram. Maybe just bad luck or maybe not the best outfitter, I don't really know. If unhappy then book the next one with someone else. The other two hunts are in the history book and can't be changed.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Interesting thread(s).

I think Sheephunter and Nanook are talking to each other.

Or they're the same person.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
To the op vote for trump and all will be forgiven.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wait, you got two opportunities at stone sheep for base fees of $9000 and $8700 and you're not happy? You were offered a refund before you went this year and you're not happy? What am I missing here?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Fringe dates are fringe dates for a reason.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 1SHEEPHUNTER1
Greg W,
Help me out here but isn't the intent of being part of a forum to share information so we can benefit in some way. Why did you read the post ....just to insult or respond in a negative way? Wow....I've been part of this forum for one day and there seems to be a lot of negativity and resentment. Why? Aren't we supposed to be on the same team.

I'm not benefitting in any way by your gripe. Trust me bud, there is zero resentment. There is lots of grins though. Your type is sooo very stereotypical.

Start a blog if you wanna bitch or whatever they call those things...

You don't sound very smart in a lotta ways...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Wait, you got two opportunities at stone sheep for base fees of $9000 and $8700 and you're not happy? You were offered a refund before you went this year and you're not happy? What am I missing here?

Obviously lots. Grin...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Got to love this failed attempt at internet extortion though.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Calvin
Got to love this failed attempt at internet extortion though.

....really chickenchit behavior,...whiny , sniveling, jive azzed, and contemptible.

Aren't we supposed to be on the same team.

...I'll pass on whatever "Team" that is,...or is supposed to be.

GTC

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I guess two found out that the Fire isn't as genteel at first blush. Everyone has their style in conveying their thoughts. It had potential.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by gerrygoat
Sometimes you see lots of sheep sometimes you don't, that's hunting........

gerrygoat;
Good afternoon to you sir, I trust this finds you all doing well.

I'm hearing from a few locals who did northern hunts this year that it was tough hunting with few animals seen and few yet taken.

Down here it's been more of the same - why that is I can't say, but it surely has been an odd hunting season in many ways already with silent bull elk and the whitetail seemingly vacuumed up by alien craft. wink

As you say sir - that's indeed hunting, isn't it?

To the OP, welcome to the 'Fire and to be clear I've no connection with the outfitter other than residing in the same province. It's a fairly big place though as it'd be two reasonably long days drive north - 23 odd hours - to get to where you hunted from here.

All the best to all who hunt here this fall.

Dwayne

The weather has been really bad this September so I'm not surprised hunting has been tough especially for sheep. When you go late in the season the odds of bad weather go up a lot.

In the area I have hunted a lot for sheep some years we saw lots of legal rams and other years none at all. This is in really good sheep country too. It's just the way sheep hunting is, next year at the same time frame the place may be crawling with big rams you just never know.

For the record I don't know anyone from that outfit and if the truth be told the way the GOABC has lobbied against resident hunters I would rather the whole current system gets shut down. That said I'm sure the guides put a lot of effort into making sure they did all they could.

Gerry.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ironbender
And then there's the after-the-fact inquiry in the AK forum.

IB, I bought a new gun and paid too much, I want to know if I got a good deal??? How many of those do we see? I'm not sure what to think about either of these guys.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

186 members (2500HD, 358wsm, 10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 204guy, 25 invisible), 2,078 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,897
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.