Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by John_Nanook
On the Brad VanHoose hunt the weather was tough, float plane into camp was delayed and they did not connect on a ram. Brad was then offered the same hunt for 2016 at our cost 8,700 (plus license, tags and charter) while he argued about the price, I couldn't do it for less than cost, and he re-booked for 2016. This summer he sent me a email wanting ''to make sure there are animals to hunt'' seeing this exact scenario unfolding I offered him a full refund of his deposit which he turned down. This year turned out tough as well, not just for us but in many sheep areas, he saw over 60 sheep but no shooter quality rams. He left on good terms, told the guide he would be back and then got home and changed his mind. Brad told me to send him 15,000$ or "it will get ugly on social media".

So how about it Brad, did you really threaten to make it get ugly on social media if the outfitter didn't pay you $15K? How'd that work for you?

That sounds illegal to me. Besides being a pathetic and despicable thing to do, that is.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Actually..... perfectly. Thanks for the attention. Mission accomplished
See ya!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
No it didn't work Brad, it just made you look like the pathetic sniveler that you are, gave the outfitter free publicity, and made him look reasonable in comparison. If your goal was to give him free publicity, you succeeded.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Did Brad leave?

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by smokepole
Did Brad leave?
Looks that way.

Still waiting for pictures of his safari he went on in June of this year.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I'm still around. I figured I'd take a break. If you guys want to continue the onslaught, I'm ready. Like I said before if anyone wants to hear the full uncensored version of my hunts, PM me and we could even talk over the phone. I know you'd have a different perspective. Also, if you think this outfitter is so great and the posting of my experience is so wrong, please book a hunt with them......hahahahaha......and then us know how it goes.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I believe you're missing the point, Dr. VanHoose, no one wants to hear anything else of your exploits, much less your rants.

Don't look now, but your ego is showing...

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kinda funny how if he'd put the coin from his two discount hunts into one hunt he likely would have had better results.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Very nice touch with the doctor label.
Hahahaha!
I enjoy the senseless banter!
It's entertaining to read between surgeries

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Against my better judgement, I was convinced to come back a second time. Obviously, in hind sight , I should have gone with my gut and not returned. When you are told that the first hunt was a fluke and you can come back at cost....how can you pass that up. I learned the hard way.

IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
And I didn't know the first hunt was a "discounted" hunt along with the fact that I was sharing a tent camp with another hunter. Oh and a first time sheep guide. The second one yes. The trophy fee was 17K so 26K really isn't a discounted hunt...if successful.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So, we have a surgeon trying to extort money from a hunting guide by threatening to spread bad publicity?

That's just awesome!

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Originally Posted by smokepole
Did Brad leave?
Looks that way.

Still waiting for pictures of his safari he went on in June of this year.
Well?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1SHEEPHUNTER1
I've sheep hunted with this outfitter for the past 2 years. Although the guides work hard and they have good horses and decent equipment, their area is lacking the number of sheep for a quality hunt. I saw 3 small rams on my first hunt and 3 small rams on my second. John Schapansky is who you will deal with but unfortunately he doesn't return telephone calls or emails on a regular basis. They offer a base hunt + trophy fee option which is nice but it's basically a discounted hunt with poor success. I guess they do ok on their moose hunts but I would not recommend sheep hunting with them. I felt obligated to post my experience with this outfitter so others don't make the same mistake I did. The good news is I'm already booked with a different outfitter for 2018.

Sounds like the kinda fella that'd ride a bicycle. Maybe even an atheist, or god forbid a Christian.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Extort? I asked for a refund for dishonesty and being taken advantage of. Like I said before, I should have gone with my gut when John offered a refund of my deposit that something wasn't right. If the outfitter would have delivered what was expected there would be no issue. So when you trust an outfitter on his word and actually you've been deceived, shouldn't there be some accountability? Again, you simply do not know all the facts. Instead of passing judgement, being overly sensitive and critical, why don't you just take the OP for what it's worth. If all the outfitters always got praise how is that helpful?

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Haha.... I don't own a bike and don't go to church...hahaha!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This thread should be titled "Day of The Back Shooter".

Start a sequel,...

"Return of the Back Shooting Azzwhole"

Just go away, you screwed up lunch pail.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Elkhunternm,
How did you know I was on a safari in June?
I don't know how to post pictures yet....

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Re: .338 Win for PLAINS game ? [Re: HeidenrichK1]
1SHEEPHUNTER1 Online content

I hunted in RSA this past June for plains game with Garry Kelly Safaris and my 30-06 with 180 NP bullets worked perfect. I wanted to use my 338 WM but outfitter said it was too much gun and 06 was perfect

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/11232963/4/.338_Win_for_PLAINS_game_?

Did you write this in the Africa forum?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
ASSFIRE OPS
Glad your back. I'm looking forward to your crazy BS.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

120 members (69sportfury, 17CalFan, AKislander, Akhutr, 450yukon, 375sunrise, 12 invisible), 1,559 guests, and 1,037 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,535
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.