Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570

OK lemme make it simple enough so you'll understand it.

-Where did God come from?
-Who made god and how? Out of what?
-Before God existed, what was there?

Because your answer sounds a lot like "God only exists in my mind because I say so"

I'll return your "simplification favor":

"Act as though I AM and I will be".

Put another way; Is the electrical current which is available inside the wiring of your house less real because you choose not to tap into it?

Fantastic thought! I love it.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I see you don't understand the word "infinite".

Nor can you or anyone else TRULY understand it. Not in the sense that we UNDERSTAND other things.

Are you going to claim that your mind can really grasp a "thing" with no boundaries?

C.S. Lewis said that since we can't COMPREHEND God, we must APPREHEND Him.

It takes action to catch something which explains Atheists.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Nor can you or anyone else TRULY understand it. Not in the sense that we UNDERSTAND other things.

Are you going to claim that your mind can really grasp a "thing" with no boundaries?

You are constantly telling how the Spirit helps you in life. If I claim the Spirit helped me understand infinite would you accept that?

Everyday Hunter
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
What was there BEFORE god? Who made God? Out of what?

Don't quote scripture, that was written by men and went through translation after translation.

I'd like someone to try to answer without using scripture.

In fact, I'd like to know how the Bible defines time.

You ask questions "before God and Who made God?" This is like asking, To whom is the bachelor married? The questions make no sense. If God exists and called the universe into existence by the Power of His Word then He is infinite. Infinite has no "Before" or a maker. Infinite is without bounds of time, material, knowledge, space or anything else one might think of.

The Bible defines time in Its first chapter. It says it is marked by the sun and moon. It also establishes that the sun and moon would be for signs, and seasons and days and years.

Because your answer sounds a lot like "God only exists in my mind because I say so"

I get it man. Jesus held hands with dinosaurs and schitt.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
bigfish9684,

Let me get this straight. Did you asked what appeared to be a serious question so you could try to humiliate a fellow poster?

I get it man. Jesus held hands with dinosaurs and schitt.

Jesus created dinosaurs and everything else.

Everyday Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I'll return your "simplification favor":

"Act as though I AM and I will be".

Put another way; Is the electrical current which is available inside the wiring of your house less real because you choose not to tap into it?

Fantastic thought! I love it.

The difference is the electricity can be measured and can be proven to exist, so it has no real comparison to "god"

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You are constantly telling how the Spirit helps you in life. If I claim the Spirit helped me understand infinite would you accept that?

Only if you could explain how your knowing it resulted in different ACTIONS on your part AND if you could explain it to the rest of us.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The analogy is not about God.......... it's about you.

If you were not open minded enough to believe in the possibility of there being current in the wiring, you would never plug into it to find out so it might as well NOT exist.

And all those lights on in other folk's houses are just figments of their imagination as far as you can tell.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Only if you could explain how your knowing it resulted in different ACTIONS on your part AND if you could explain it to the rest of us.

Are you now limiting one's spiritual experience to a human's ability to explain it?

Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by carbon12
Originally Posted by TF49
If you do someone wrong, are they obligated to forgive you?

Well......

If they created the entire situation and knowingly set you up for absolute failure in the first place, perhaps they have all if not the greater part of the culpability.

Perhaps they should be the party asking for forgiveness.

Carbon12,

You surprise me. Your response contributes.

So, Joe steals Bob's car. But since Bob had much, Joe thinks Bob should let him lightly since Bob is so rich. But Joe has perpetrated a wrong and is not sure how,to right the wrong or how to set things right with Bob. Bob is very powerful and might prosecute Joe and Joe is fearful of that.

Joe has a couple of choices. He might stay away from Bob out of the embarrassment of his own crime. He might react by cursing Bob for leaving the keys in it in the first place. After all, it really is Bob!s fault in the first place, right? Or not.

Bob might see Joe's dilemma and communicate to Joe what must,be done to make things right, Joe can admit his wrongdoing and get right with Bob or he can refuse to admit his wrong and simply curse Bob and never accept responsibility for his crime.

So simple.

Anyway, the point has been made.

I am gone on another trip. Pls play on.

I guess you missed the part (point) where Bob (God) made Joe (you) with an absolute thieving (sinful) nature. When you inevitably stole (failed at not sinning), you were only fulfilling Bob's perfect plan.

Isn't that the crux of the Christian Redemption narrative?

So simple and for most Christians, familiar. But yet, you still managed to miss it.

Nope, didn't miss it. But I will finish the Joe/Bob story.

So Joe stole the car and wrecked it. He did it, he did it knowingly and he is guilty. But he has pride and he cannot bring himself to confess to Bob and does not have the courage to ask for forgiveness. But Joe is angry with himself so he tells himself and others that Joe is really at fault for leaving the keys in it and so on and so forth.

Well, Bob hears about this and decides to just wait to see if Joe ever comes around. Joe avoids Bob and Bob sees that Joe does not want to address this crime that prevents Joe and Bob from being friends. Joe does not want a relationship with Bob and Bob just lets him go his merry way.

But, Bob is not going to invite Joe to the Party either for he knows Joe really does not want to be there.

Simple, if Joe does not want a relationship with Bob, Bob won't force it but Joe should not expect a party invitation. Bob will let him go the way he desires.

Now, why is it that so many "atheists" have a problem with this?

You don't want a relationship with God. God allows that. Go the way you choose to.

Oh, btw, there will be no excuses, for Joe really did steal the car and he really did avoid God and these were his choices.

Flip Wilson used to say "The devil made me do it." Funny but still a flimsy excuse. Won't hold up in court.

Ah, but you atheists should not feel threatened in any way.

There is no god that you are obligated to.

Last edited by TF49; 09/27/16.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Are you now limiting one's spiritual experience to a human's ability to explain it?

Are you deliberately ignoring the first stipulation I made?

I don't believe the Holy Spirit is in the business of providing answers just to satisfy our curiosity. In my case, He just removes the question from my mind if something is troubling me.

I suspect you and I are hung up over the true meaning of "understanding", NOT over the ability of the Spirit to edify us.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Well......

If they created the entire situation and knowingly set you up for absolute failure in the first place, perhaps they have all if not the greater part of the culpability.

Carbon12,

So, Joe steals Bob's car. But since Bob had much, Joe thinks Bob should let him lightly since Bob is so rich. But Joe has perpetrated a wrong and is not sure how,to right the wrong or how to set things right with Bob. Bob is very powerful and might prosecute Joe and Joe is fearful of that.

Joe has a couple of choices. He might stay away from Bob out of the embarrassment of his own crime. He might react by cursing Bob for leaving the keys in it in the first place. After all, it really is Bob!s fault in the first place, right? Or not.

Bob might see Joe's dilemma and communicate to Joe what must,be done to make things right, Joe can admit his wrongdoing and get right with Bob or he can refuse to admit his wrong and simply curse Bob and never accept responsibility for his crime.

So simple.

I guess you missed the part (point) where Bob (God) made Joe (you) with an absolute thieving (sinful) nature. When you inevitably stole (failed at not sinning), you were only fulfilling Bob's perfect plan.

So simple and for most Christians, familiar. But yet, you still managed to miss it.

Nope, didn't miss it......

....Ah, but you atheists should not feel threatened in any way.

Yeah, right.

You only got it once it was neon lit for you.

So why limit your thinking to atheist?

Are there not theistisms that have concepts of personal accountability but not thoroughly gut-hooked by the 'Christ the Redeemer' mythology?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yeah, right.

You only got it once it was neon lit for you.

So why limit your thinking to atheist?

Are there not theistisms that have concepts of personal accountability but not thoroughly gut-hooked by the 'Christ the Redeemer' mythology?

The answer to your question is "Yes", but only if you change "mythology" to "Theology".

The "christ mythology", like the "corn king mythology" exists in many cultures and some probably predate Christianity.

That actually lends credibility to the idea of the Creator placing "something" in the minds of His creatures to compel them to seek Him.

But it is only in the New Testament that the "myth" becomes a full fledged theological statement and one that has survived for centuries.

One cannot be truly called a "Christian" if he denies that Jesus of Nazareth was the Deity in human form.

But there are some of us that suspect that His actual role is much greater than the one ascribed to Him in the Bible. His role as "Christ the Redeemer" is probably as close as our finite mental capacity can come toward understanding. That doesn't make it less true by any means.

But there exists a nagging "spiritual suspicion" - backed up by scripture, btw - that being "gut hooked" as you put it is just a necessary first step in coming to appreciate something we can never truly understand.

That's why I've posted before that my "problem" with the bible being used as the sole source of revelation is that it results in Jesus being too small.

Were you open minded, you could walk with Jesus and questions of dinosuars would flee your mind.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
sounds like the "God particle" has entered into the conversation, that is, if God has placed in man a desire to seek him/her/it out?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by MojoHand
New survey reveals interesting (but not surprising) statistics about religion in America.

http://www.prri.org/research/prri-rns-2016-religiously-unaffiliated-americans/
Religion fails everyone. Church's fail most. A relationship with the God of all Creation, made possible by the sacrifice of His Son Jesus, and nurtured by the Holy Spirit fails no one. Even you.

Amen to that!!! smile

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gus
sounds like the "God particle" has entered into the conversation, that is, if God has placed in man a desire to seek him/her/it out?

Do YOU doubt it?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
curdog4570,

I think this is the question.

Are you deliberately ignoring the first stipulation I made?

Yes.

I don't believe the Holy Spirit is in the business of providing answers just to satisfy our curiosity. In my case, He just removes the question from my mind if something is troubling me.

I suspect you and I are hung up over the true meaning of "understanding", NOT over the ability of the Spirit to edify us.

And I believe and suspect you are wrong. That makes us exctly the same.

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Gus
sounds like the "God particle" has entered into the conversation, ...

So now we are talking about the Higgs Boson?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Well......

Carbon12,

So simple.

Nope, didn't miss it. But I will finish the Joe/Bob story.

So Joe stole the car and wrecked it. He did it, he did it knowingly and he is guilty. But he has pride and he cannot bring himself to confess to Bob and does not have the courage to ask for forgiveness. But Joe is angry with himself so he tells himself and others that Joe is really at fault for leaving the keys in it and so on and so forth.

Well, Bob hears about this and decides to just wait to see if Joe ever comes around. Joe avoids Bob and Bob sees that Joe does not want to address this crime that prevents Joe and Bob from being friends. Joe does not want a relationship with Bob and Bob just lets him go his merry way.

But, Bob is not going to invite Joe to the Party either for he knows Joe really does not want to be there.

Simple, if Joe does not want a relationship with Bob, Bob won't force it but Joe should not expect a party invitation. Bob will let him go the way he desires.

Now, why is it that so many "atheists" have a problem with this?

You don't want a relationship with God. God allows that. Go the way you choose to.

Oh, btw, there will be no excuses, for Joe really did steal the car and he really did avoid God and these were his choices.

Flip Wilson used to say "The devil made me do it." Funny but still a flimsy excuse. Won't hold up in court.

Ah, but you atheists should not feel threatened in any way.

In our story, Joe could go see Bob, shake his hand, and even see his name on the title of the car he wrecked. So in your story Bob is actually a real person, vs. the god claims in this life which are of fictions beings.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Gus
well, at least the Good News is that no mere mortal can kill a Real (True) God. now, ol antelope snipe is correct in his understanding that mankind has been killin' off gods from nearly the beginning. the numbers are constantly shrinking. they, or most of them might actually go extinct some day, like the tasmanian tiger, or dodo bird or passenger pigeon.

a constant sorting has been going on for aeons, just like with the diverse number of human languages that are out there. but, it's all for good reason. as a side thought, might we all be better off if every swingin' dick & harry on the globe spoke (& understood) the same language?

Sure,

So long at it was English.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1Longbow, 10ring1, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 58 invisible), 2,562 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,333
Posts18,487,621
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.