Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smarquez
I don't hate Christians, just people that claim to be Christians that flat out aren't. It started with my own grandparents and the way they would thump their bibles and chit on my mom and my brothers and sisters. There was not a damn thing Christian about it. The dumbass walking around the station trying to get a bible study going in the station 10 minutes after watching the news and talking about jigaboo and beaner trouble makers that should all be shot. His words.
All the others that look down on you for not being saved or worse, Catholic.
Now 2-3 of my favorite people I worked with were devout and what I considered examples of what I am told Christianity is supposed to be. They were strong decisive leaders yet humble and kind and respectful to all. They could mix in with the heathens at the station yet stay who they were at all times. I never saw them sway from their beliefs. They always made it clear who the real Christians were versus the hypochristians I worked around.
The whole "Christians aren't perfect" is a cop out to me.

I don't hate anybody but I have a deep dislike for those same people.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Just to be a stinker, how about if we make that Crusaders or Jihadis?

Since I mentioned it, "Holy War" always struck me as one of the top oxymorons around. I'd rank it just behind "political honesty".

Me too.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Just to be a stinker, how about if we make that Crusaders or Jihadis?

Since I mentioned it, "Holy War" always struck me as one of the top oxymorons around. I'd rank it just behind "political honesty".

...or jumbo shrimp?

Careful! I really like jumbo shrimp. wink

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Me too but only if they're wild caught. That farm raised Asian crap I won't even feed to my dogs. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Knowing better than to step into this morass...

True Christians are great people, if they follow the real teachings of Jesus of Nazareth they necessarily have to be. Following the admonition to love your neighbor as yourself and truly forgiving others, not judging them, seeing that beam in your own eye instead of condemning others for the motes in theirs leads to the same kind of self-healing that Jungian psychology attempts to encourage.

But he warned of so many things that humans and our egos are prey to - the hypocrite who prays on the street corner, i.e. folks who parade their Christianity around for all men to see how holy and righteous they are. That seems to be one of the biggest image problems of so many Christians. Also he said to spread the word but if folks don't want to hear it, wipe the dust of that village off your feet as you leave.

Jesus preached a gospel of love and humility, angry attacks by someone directed at those who don't live up to that person's judgements of others are about the biggest hypocrisy of anyone who calls themselves a Christian and lend a lot of ammunition for others who would stereotype all Christians by the behavior of the sloppiest of them.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Me too but only if they're wild caught. That farm raised Asian crap I won't even feed to my dogs. 😉

Hood Canal is your friend. Can of cat food in a shrimp pot and 400 feet of line.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ringman.... do you really think it is the business of science to establish the truth of the bible?

By doing that you are buying a ticket to Antelope Sniper's game, and it's a game you can't win.

The only way to settle the "war" between Science and Religion is to appeal to common sense which should be a component of each.

Creation, by definition, cannot be observed nor duplicated and thus is not a fit subject for science.

You'd do well to accept that and withdraw your "scientific" arguments.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Ringman.... do you really think it is the business of science to establish the truth of the bible?

By doing that you are buying a ticket to Antelope Sniper's game, and it's a game you can't win.

The only way to settle the "war" between Science and Religion is to appeal to common sense which should be a component of each.

Creation, by definition, cannot be observed nor duplicated and thus is not a fit subject for science.

Not Ringman but I have no fight in this game, no desire to settle the war. My choice to serve Jesus Christ was a personal choice I made. I need to prove nothing to those who have made other choices.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Knowing better than to step into this morass...

True Christians are great people, if they follow the real teachings of Jesus of Nazareth they necessarily have to be. Following the admonition to love your neighbor as yourself and truly forgiving others, not judging them, seeing that beam in your own eye instead of condemning others for the motes in theirs leads to the same kind of self-healing that Jungian psychology attempts to encourage.

But he warned of so many things that humans and our egos are prey to - the hypocrite who prays on the street corner, i.e. folks who parade their Christianity around for all men to see how holy and righteous they are. That seems to be one of the biggest image problems of so many Christians. Also he said to spread the word but if folks don't want to hear it, wipe the dust of that village off your feet as you leave.

Jesus preached a gospel of love and humility, angry attacks by someone directed at those who don't live up to that person's judgements of others are about the biggest hypocrisy of anyone who calls themselves a Christian and lend a lot of ammunition for others who would stereotype all Christians by the behavior of the sloppiest of them.

An excellent post.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
F'in A! wink

Actually, change that part about "parading their Christianity" and such to "parading their faith" - that same kind of thing can be found in some people of most every religion, Christians certainly don't have a monopoly on that.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

In 1 Peter 3:15 we find,
"sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence;"

That is your opinion. He does not have the facts on his side. He has years of brain washing.

There is no "war" between science and God's Word. Evolution is a religion for which the only proof is the imagination of the evolutionists.

Neither can evolution. The difference is we have The Word of the One Who did the creating and told us about His work. The idea that it is not a fit subject for science is ludicrous. If you did some checking you'd discover the vast majority of the early scientists, in fact the ones who brought us out of the dark ages, were young earth creationists, trying to discover God's thoughts after Him.

You'd do well to get some facts instead of accepting the brainwashing of your education and withdraw from this argument. If you want to start getting a little unbrainwashing google each of the topics I mentioned in my earlier post.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The "war" I spoke of is present in each man's mind. You could say it is a competition between the credible and the incredible.

To come to a REAL belief in God requires us to be WILLING to believe the incredible.

To become a Christian requires us to believe - right from the git-go - the most incredible fact of all........ a man claimed to be God, was killed, and returned to life to live again forever.

The only way that that incredible fact can become credible is to attempt to communicate with that man.

Once communication is established, the incredible becomes credible and is the Great Fact of our lives.

A wise man once wrote that on our way to a faith that actually WORKS in our lives, we will encounter many doors. The key of willingness will open them all.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by deerstalker
LT. i would say 90 percent of those that claim to be Christians use his name in vain.
being a Christian means living a life with Christ in you. Few do that.

I would not disagree with that. Is that a reason to hate them all?

hate has no reason. it is from the father of lies, therefore has nothing good to temper it. hate only destroy's. it destroy's the hater more then the hated.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You'd do well to get some facts instead of accepting the brainwashing of your education and withdraw from this argument.

Since I left school during the ninth grade, those teachers sure crammed a lot of brainwashing into a really short span of time. grin grin

You and Antelope Sniper are two sides of the same coin....... the oldest coin known to man; the coin of ego and pride.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Originally Posted by deerstalker
LT. i would say 90 percent of those that claim to be Christians use his name in vain.
being a Christian means living a life with Christ in you. Few do that.

Christians can't be too perfect, ya know!

Christians are not perfect. only Christ is perfect. our salvation is through God viewing us through Christ.
the bible says our goodness is as filth rags (menstrual cloth).
only through Christs sacrifice are we cleansed.
those that hate us are only reflecting their leader's hate.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by curdog4570

To become a Christian requires us to believe - right from the git-go - the most incredible fact of all........ a man claimed to be God, was killed, and returned to life to live again forever.

A wise man once wrote that on our way to a faith that actually WORKS in our lives, we will encounter many doors. The key of willingness will open them all.

some of the many believers of a Creator/Almighty/Great Spirit/the GoodMan, have as a question as to how a god could possibly be kilt? AS explains in his way by sayin' all the ones who have been kilt in the past were of the imagination of man. Mankind or small groups assumed a god, later that group got kilt off, and the conquerors no longer assumed the reality of that particular god.

so, it does come down to belief afterall. can a real God be kilt by humans or not? and if so, who brings him back to life?

just trifling details i know, for those whom truly believe.

(as just an aside, or side-step, does anyone else notice how many of these threads overlap each other, and bleed over into each other? not that it's a bad thing. i'm not being critical. just making an observation that i have noticed).

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Calvin
There are some really weird Christians on here. Easy targets.

Centre your cross hairs and blast away but you are not going to change my mind.

I live at: 14290 Marjorie Ln in Oregon City, OR and I will on my back deck enjoying the mild weather with a good book if you want to come and really use me for a target, you got the balls?

If I never post again we will all know you do have the balls. wink

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
F'in A! wink

Actually, change that part about "parading their Christianity" and such to "parading their faith" - that same kind of thing can be found in some people of most every religion, Christians certainly don't have a monopoly on that.

Including the religion of atheism.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I will be the one with the great cigar and a smile on my face. I will even offer you your choice from my humidor before you use me for target practice.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The reputation of 'Christians' would change if they would simply do what Jesus did...instead of policing the behavior of non-Jesus followers or arguing about what the Bible says.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 204guy, 1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 52 invisible), 2,446 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,308
Posts18,487,182
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.