Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I was billed for Prime.I called them up and they put the money back on my card.I still buy from them ,but their prices are not the best anymore.I usually side step them and go right to their vendors and get a better price.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Raeford
Is Amazon turning a profit....yet?

My guess is that they are trying to

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've learned Amazon's prices can fluctuate often and sometimes quite a bit. If we're in no hurry for a particular item I usually put it on my save for later list and watch until I get an idea of the average high/low range. When I see it drop to what I think will be the lowest it is likely to go I pull the trigger.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by joken2
I've learned Amazon's prices can fluctuate often and sometimes quite a bit. If we're in no hurry for a particular item I usually put it on my save for later list and watch until I get an idea of the average high/low range. When I see it drop to what I think will be the lowest it is likely to go I pull the trigger.

This^^

Amazon buys high turnover items in huge quantities that would make WalMart cringe. When they overrun before there next bulk buy is coming up, they firesale the old stock at ridiculous prices.

Fun fact. Amazon is the single largest purchaser of Gold Tip arrows in the world. usually around February or March, you can get insane deals. Last March, I think I picked up two dozen GT Hunter XT arrows for 60 bucks, about the normal price for half a dozen.

Trick is to build up a wish list of "want to have" items and check on it once or twice a week and buy when it hits a price you're willing to pay.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by Raeford
Is Amazon turning a profit....yet?

My guess is that they are trying to

$857M Q2 2016 profits

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Between my Growler and I we spent over $6k w/ Amazon last year including a big TV installed by appointment. So far Prime is a bargain and my experience thus far has been outstanding. Their return policy has been outstanding even when caused by my screwups. For me they have set the standard for E-commerce.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Where I use to work someone opened a fictitious direct pay account with them using our info and bought $1600 worth of stuff. When I called them to find out what was the deal they were very uncooperative, shuffled me from one CS rep to another, and would give no information as to where the stuff was shipped or what it even was. . Finally after a bout a dozen calls and repeated runarounds I told them if they didn't cooperate the next person they would be talking to was our corporate attorney and the US postmaster general as I was prepared to file a complaint against them for conspiracy to commit mail fraud . I finally got to talk to a supervisor. I never do business with them and would rather do without than buy from them. I will celebrate the day they have to close their doors.

Last edited by bangeye; 09/30/16.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

636 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1234, 70 invisible), 2,888 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,231
Posts18,485,673
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.