Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
V
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
"Including the religion of atheism."

Doesn't Religion require a God to worship? What Gods do atheists worship? I can't ask an atheist because I don't know any. They must keep their beliefs to themselves unlike the many religious people I do know who can't keep quiet about their beliefs.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by antlers
The reputation of 'Christians' would change if they would simply do what Jesus did...instead of policing the behavior of non-Jesus followers or arguing about what the Bible says.

I have absolutely no desire to police anyone but me and I really doubt you can show me one post in the 15+ years I have been a member where I argued the Bible with anyone.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
'Christians'...not all, but many...are notorious for policing the behavior of those outside the body of believers while they do a very poor job of policing the behavior of those within the body of believers. They likely need to do a better job of policing themselves and lay off of everybody else. People outside the body of believers are not accountable to 'Christians' and they are not accountable to the 'Christian' standards. Jesus followers have no business judging people outside the body of believers. Love others, and stop judging outsiders. It's really pretty simple.

"What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church...?" - Apostle Paul

He didn't expect non-Jesus followers to behave like Jesus followers.

He expected Jesus followers to behave like Jesus followers.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Knowing better than to step into this morass...

True Christians are great people, if they follow the real teachings of Jesus of Nazareth they necessarily have to be. Following the admonition to love your neighbor as yourself and truly forgiving others, not judging them, seeing that beam in your own eye instead of condemning others for the motes in theirs leads to the same kind of self-healing that Jungian psychology attempts to encourage.

But he warned of so many things that humans and our egos are prey to - the hypocrite who prays on the street corner, i.e. folks who parade their Christianity around for all men to see how holy and righteous they are. That seems to be one of the biggest image problems of so many Christians. Also he said to spread the word but if folks don't want to hear it, wipe the dust of that village off your feet as you leave.

Jesus preached a gospel of love and humility, angry attacks by someone directed at those who don't live up to that person's judgements of others are about the biggest hypocrisy of anyone who calls themselves a Christian and lend a lot of ammunition for others who would stereotype all Christians by the behavior of the sloppiest of them.

I'd say that about nails it, very well said.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
its the whole "turn the other cheek" thing. that and the big pope hats. the hats are the worst.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Scott F
The reputation of 'Christians' would change if they would simply do what Jesus did...instead of policing the behavior of non-Jesus followers or arguing about what the Bible says.

I have absolutely no desire to police anyone but me and I really doubt you can show me one post in the 15+ years I have been a member where I argued the Bible with anyone.

I'd be willing to bet you are in the majority there Scott. Most Christians here never argue the Bible. I do enjoy the thoughtful dialogue but this kind of stuff doesn't convince anyone and usually leads to bad feelings. Either way, I choose my friends based upon their character, not their faith or color or sexual orientation. I've got my bases covered because I'm friends with a gay, black, Christian. He is a very kind and caring man that you'd never know was gay. He's a long time family friend that was always very sweet to my mom when she had her bout with breast cancer.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is a legend that one of the early Christian Martyrs was beheaded, and after his beheading, the body picked up the head and walked six steps with it. Some early church fathers were discussing it at a much later date,arguing as to whether it was true, or not.

One old sage remarked;"The first step is the hardest to believe. The rest are easy."

So, Friend Gus, if a man can believe that some Entity beyond our understanding could "think" the universe into existence, why would he doubt the ability of that Entity to manifest Himself in any way He sees fit?

To ask who is running the show while He is dead three days is as childish a question as "What did God stand on while creating the earth?" [somebody was gonna ask it]

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
'Christians'...not all, but many...are notorious for policing the behavior of those outside the body of believers while they do a very poor job of policing the behavior of those within the body of believers. They likely need to do a better job of policing themselves and lay off of everybody else. People outside the body of believers are not accountable to 'Christians' and they are not accountable to the 'Christian' standards. Jesus followers have no business judging people outside the body of believers. Love others, and stop judging outsiders. It's really pretty simple.

"What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church...?" - Apostle Paul

He didn't expect non-Jesus followers to behave like Jesus followers.

He expected Jesus followers to behave like Jesus followers.

Excellent post once again!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snyper
More "preaching" from the usual suspects who can't even get names correct when they are on the page in front of you. You do the same things you complain about.
Next you'll go off on a long winded rant hurling insults at me, showing what a "good christian" you are too.

Hey, Snyper, your prediction was wrong. No insults to hurl - none at all. What you saw there was simply an example of what AS does, in his own words from his own post. Sorry about the mis-spelling of his name - or was it yours - or did I get confused about who was posting - was that the insulting part? No insult intended.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by curdog4570
There is a legend that one of the early Christian Martyrs was beheaded, and after his beheading, the body picked up the head and walked six steps with it. Some early church fathers were discussing it at a much later date,arguing as to whether it was true, or not.

One old sage remarked;"The first step is the hardest to believe. The rest are easy."

So, Friend Gus, if a man can believe that some Entity beyond our understanding could "think" the universe into existence, why would he doubt the ability of that Entity to manifest Himself in any way He sees fit?

To ask who is running the show while He is dead three days is as childish a question as "What did God stand on while creating the earth?" [somebody was gonna ask it]

lol my dear friend. i did not hear the story quite that way, as it was told to me. but, there might have been some distractions along the way? i do not know.
anyways, the way i heard the story it didn't occur exactly that way at all, but close, very close in fact.
and i might well have missed an important detail in the passing down of the oral story. it happens, because i'm not a perfect StoryTeller.
but, back to the story, the way i heard it was a worthy individual was indeed be-headed. right there in front of an audience of high-level gov't/religious beaurocrats/ldrs.
when the be-heading occured, under the orders of the powers-that be, the head it's very self flew across the floor and either kilt or severely injured at least one, or maybe more of the chief antagonists. whether that's a TrueStory, i do not know for certain, but at least that's what i have heard.

of course i could have gotten the Story all crossed-up in my own mind, not sure for certain.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RWE

More "preaching" from the usual suspects who can't even get names correct when they are on the page in front of you.

You do the same things you complain about.

Next you'll go off on a long winded rant hurling insults at me, showing what a "good christian" you are too.

I see. Christians should be able to get the names right.

Heavy, heavy insight.

Got to say, antagonizing a "flawed person" into hurling insults at you just so you can point out that they shouldn't be hurling insults at you if they profess to be a "flawed person" doesn't seem to be a good way to mind your own fucking business.

But that's just me.

Yes, one who's constantly telling others how he's so much more intelligent should be able to get details correct.
He used my name, which makes it "my business"

Neither of us mentioned you at all wink

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by rphguy
Originally Posted by Ringman
antelope_sniper,

That's really funny coming from a Young Earth Creationist.

You know as well as I do there is more evidence for a young earth than there is for an old earth. We all have the same evidence. It is a matter of our starting point that decides what we ultimately believe.

really? more evidence for a young earth?
are you talking about only the earth being less than 10,000 years old or "all of creation" being less than 10,000 years?
or are you talking a "man being here less than 10,000 years"?

Consider the amount of sedimentation in the ocean, the dust on the moon, the closeness of the moon to the earth based on the Roshe Limit, the amount of debris in the solar system based on the Robertson/Pointeen effect, the amount of helium in deep core rocks, the tree rings in all the petrified trees in the world, the carbon14 in all samples of coal, oil, fossil, the soft tissue in dinosaur bones, the Glacier Girl air plane, and a host of others.

consider how long it takes light from the stars to reach earth.
billions of years, yet only created 10,000 years ago. Now, you might say that "God created everything with the light already here.
But, how does one explain nebulae that only became visible 500 years ago that are far enough that it took over 15,000 years for the light from the explosion to reach us.
* Did God destroy that star thousands of years BEFORE He created it????

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Time is a creation of man and the terms, I.e. Year, month as a measurement system. That was only invented 3-4000 years ago. The term light year is meaningless in deep space or to God whom is outside of time.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
An observation that will not receive the attention it merits.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by RWE

More "preaching" from the usual suspects who can't even get names correct when they are on the page in front of you.

You do the same things you complain about.

I see. Christians should be able to get the names right.

Heavy, heavy insight.

Got to say, antagonizing a "flawed person" into hurling insults at you just so you can point out that they shouldn't be hurling insults at you if they profess to be a "flawed person" doesn't seem to be a good way to mind your own fucking business.

But that's just me.

Yes, one who's constantly telling others how he's so much more intelligent should be able to get details correct.
He used my name, which makes it "my business"

Neither of us mentioned you at all wink

You just dont get it RWE. If you arent pefect, God does not exist, according to the illuminati.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
'time is a creation of man' lol. I love how the thumpers have to twist time around because it is inconvenient to explain away...

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
i.e. folks who parade their Christianity around for all men to see how holy and righteous they are.

This is the worst kind of Christian, they are an embarrassment to the rest.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by toad
'time is a creation of man' lol

Seriously. How did time pass before man invented it?

A year, day, minute, etc is a way of measuring time (relevant to the earth's spin and elliptical cycle around the sun). A light-year is a way of measuring distance, like a parsec.

A 'day' wouldn't be the same on Mars, but an 'earth day' would be 24 hours on mars.

Man didn't invent time. We invented methods to measure it. Just like we didn't invent distances, but we sure invented ways to measure distance.

Some of you flat 6k-year old earth fellers that think the sun revolves around the earth are funny. Did your ancestors write about walking with dinosaurs?

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Heck, I remember dinosaurs, my folks were old when the first dinosaurs crawled out of the sea.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Scott F
Heck, I remember dinosaurs, my folks were old when the first dinosaurs crawled out of the sea.

laugh

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (22250rem, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 51 invisible), 1,628 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,997
Posts18,520,367
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.