Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
if you don't want your conversation 'joined' don't start it on a public hunting/outdoor forum.

those 'asking for a bite' can easily do it via PM.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by toad
if you don't want your conversation 'joined' don't start it on a public hunting/outdoor forum.

those 'asking for a bite' can easily do it via PM.

I never said I didn't want anyone to join a conversation.I simply said that it isn't polite to insult the people you are having the conversation with.I guess that's hard for you to understand.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Someone mentioned earlier that all atheists are going to hell.

That does not seem very polite.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

It's not polite. I'm a Christian but I've never thought telling someone they were going to hell was a good way to introduce them to God.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by curdog4570
If someone claims to have something you don't have, it's a very human reaction to deny that they have it.

And Atheist are - above all else - humans. Humanity is their god.

Yes, or deny they are jealous of your huge fish or bull elk.

Maybe some have and hate the feeling that they have been rejected.

I know some who were slighted or treated badly by people who professed to be "christians"- people who truly took the name of the Lord in vain.

My wife tells me, "Don't do business with Christians if you don't want to get screwed," and she is serious.

I have to agree with your wife. Every bad business deal I've ever had was with fine upstanding Christians including one preacher. Also don't ever take a Baptist fishing with you because they'll drink all your beer.

IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Thats a good way to think about it RH Clark.

When I was a kid I decided to try going to on of those non-denominational youth groups.

It was okay, but I was never very good at it.

When I told one of the "leaders" that I was going to go back to the Catholic church school for the next year because it was "confirmation" year he told me that Catholics and confirmation was not "christian".

I never viewed organized religion the same after that.

There was too much "us vs. them".

Religion is ruined by the people most times.

Last edited by Jim_Conrad; 10/01/16.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I took another look at the subject line.

Why does everyone hate atheists?

If everyone hates atheists I guess I am a nobody. There are a bunch of people I really like and would consider friends who donot believe as I do. Some are here at the Fire and others who are not.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
My vegetarian friend in Denmark is a communist AND an atheist!

Last edited by Jim_Conrad; 10/01/16.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

When I was a kid I decided to try going to on of those non-denominational youth groups.

When I told one of the "leaders" that I was going to go back to the Catholic church school for the next year because it was "confirmation" year he told me that Catholics and confirmation was not "christian".

I completely agree with you about the "us vs. them" attitude. All too often we want to focus on our minor differences.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by curdog4570
If someone claims to have something you don't have, it's a very human reaction to deny that they have it.

And Atheist are - above all else - humans. Humanity is their god.

Yes, or deny they are jealous of your huge fish or bull elk.

Maybe some have and hate the feeling that they have been rejected.

I know some who were slighted or treated badly by people who professed to be "christians"- people who truly took the name of the Lord in vain.

My wife tells me, "Don't do business with Christians if you don't want to get screwed," and she is serious.

I figured she was the boss.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Ok, just kidding AS. I too watch them like a hawk. There are lots of lowlifes who sit near the front and go to church not to worship or have fellowship, but to get business. He WILL seperate
the wheat from the chaff. I feel for anyone who spends eternity with snakes, but a real believer will not be harmed by their poison in the long run.

PS. I dont hate athiests, other than Hitlary and Zero, and i dont hate those snakes because of their unbelief in Jesus.

Last edited by jaguartx; 10/01/16.

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

I completely agree with you about the "us vs. them" attitude. All too often we want to focus on our minor differences.

eactly, it happens all the time. folks will fight over details at the .17 decimal point level, when in fact they agree on all of the essentially important matters & issues. it's just the way we humans are wired. we're always trying to differentiate things on the margins, while never looking at the commonalities. for instance, one commonality is that we all breathe oxygen, but people will argue over whether 10 deep breaths is sufficient, or is 20 better.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Thank her for me. I really like being called a cheat by someone who has never meet me or had any dealings with me. It shows Christ's love shines through her to fellow believers.

I had intended to try to get together 2ith you on my next trip your way but seeing how she feels about me I will just keep on driving.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JamesJr

It's not polite. I'm a Christian but I've never thought telling someone they were going to hell was a good way to introduce them to God.

I've thought about that, and maybe that is a little harsh. But, on the other hand, I think too many times we as Christians tend to "water down" things just so they will appeal to a broader group of people. Just look at the homosexual issue....God was very specific about homosexuality, He says it is an abomination, meaning that it is very, very wrong, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Nowhere else in the Bible does He, or Jesus, later say that their mind has changed about it. Yet, today, many religions and churches are willing to accept homosexuals into their midst, and refuse to condemn their behavior, all the while pretending to worship the Lord and believe in what is written in the Bible. I think they do so for a variety of reasons, the biggest reason being the financial benefit of having a large congregation that gives a lot of money. They don't want to step on their toes and see the money quit coming in. I am not an extremely religious person, in that I don't live and breathe it like some do. I am a Southern Baptist, who has attended a small Methodist church for many years. I struggle every day to keep myself from doing things that I know I shouldn't, and know that it is only by the grace of God that all I have to is just to ask to be forgiven of my sins, and put my trust in the Lord, and all will be well. But, the fact is that atheists are indeed going to go to Hell because they choose not to believe in God. It is their choice, and it is not in bad form for me to tell them that. Just as our pathway through life is dictated by the choices we make, so is our life in the ever after.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Maybe we should all just get along, right, and be happy with the fact the muzzies are helped along in their efforts to come get us, even by some churches which profess to believe in Jesus Christ but reject His warnings not to let the heathens into our nation for their sons to mingle with our daughters nor their daughters to mingle with our sons, Gus.

They want us to not only take in the Trojan horse, but let them in without the horse.

Last edited by jaguartx; 10/01/16.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
So you can poison the well at the orphans home and still get to heaven if you say sorry to God?

But a gay person who love's their family, works hard and is kind to their fellow man is going to hell?

Thats a pretty much the reason I dont go to church anymore.

Any church that wont take someone in who is looking to be closer to god and gain fellowship with man is not worth going to or being a member of.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

I've thought about that, and maybe that is a little harsh. But, on the other hand, I think too many times we as Christians tend to "water down" things just so they will appeal to a broader group of people. Just look at the homosexual issue....God was very specific about homosexuality, He says it is an abomination, meaning that it is very, very wrong, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Nowhere else in the Bible does He, or Jesus, later say that their mind has changed about it. Yet, today, many religions and churches are willing to accept homosexuals into their midst, and refuse to condemn their behavior, all the while pretending to worship the Lord and believe in what is written in the Bible. I think they do so for a variety of reasons, the biggest reason being the financial benefit of having a large congregation that gives a lot of money. They don't want to step on their toes and see the money quit coming in. I am not an extremely religious person, in that I don't live and breathe it like some do. I am a Southern Baptist, who has attended a small Methodist church for many years. I struggle every day to keep myself from doing things that I know I shouldn't, and know that it is only by the grace of God that all I have to is just to ask to be forgiven of my sins, and put my trust in the Lord, and all will be well. But, the fact is that atheists are indeed going to go to Hell because they choose not to believe in God. It is their choice, and it is not in bad form for me to tell them that. Just as our pathway through life is dictated by the choices we make, so is our life in the ever after.

I don't think Christians should water anything down. It's more about how you speak the truth, the manner in which it is presented. Read the gospels. You never see Jesus going someplace and telling everyone they are Going to Hell if they don't bow down and worship him.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I agree. I would not have anything to do with a church that had money to build a big fancy building and used that money to build instead of giving it to those in real need.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
So you can poison the well at the orphans home and still get to heaven if you say sorry to God?

But a gay person who love's their family, works hard and is kind to their fellow man is going to hell?

Thats a pretty much the reason I dont go to church anymore.

Any church that wont take someone in who is looking to be closer to god and gain fellowship with man is not worth going to or being a member of.
[b][/b]

I agree and think you have just been going to the wrong churches. It's hard for me to think you couldn't find what I have,where you are.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Gus

eactly, it happens all the time. folks will fight over details at the .17 decimal point level, when in fact they agree on all of the essentially important matters & issues. it's just the way we humans are wired. we're always trying to differentiate things on the margins, while never looking at the commonalities. for instance, one commonality is that we all breathe oxygen, but people will argue over whether 10 deep breaths is sufficient, or is 20 better.

From my Christian viewpoint,division is a tool of the enemy and if we could recognize it as such,it wouldn't be nearly as effective.

Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1minute, 160user, 21, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 58 invisible), 2,663 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,855
Posts18,478,502
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.