Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 18 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 17 18
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
AS, you keep on harping about proof, yet you have no proof God doesnt exist. A lot happens in this world that is contemplated, thought and expected without physical proof.

If I were He, I would not want to provide proof of my existence to all either. Does one as a parent have to constantly prove to a child they are loved by giving them proofs? Should a child not trust in and obey a parent out of faith?

A rich man can get plenty of companionship if he will part with the proof of his wealth. Getting love by giving proof is another matter.

Why should He give you proof so He can then give you everlasting life when you wouldnt have faith in Him. You would only give Him love if He paid you with proof. Why would He want anyone like that in Heaven.

You told us Tyre was not destroyed. You are wrong. He isn't. And, you are wrong on other things as well, as you shall see.
Your head will bow and your knee will bend. It is written. All of you is written about, from stiff necked to your unbelief. He has, and will, lay men low much greater than you would ever hope to be, nations and mountains also.

Last edited by jaguartx; 10/01/16.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
AS, you keep on harping about proof, yet you have no proof God doesnt exist. A lot happens in this world that is contemplated, thought and expected without physical proof.

If you believe, and expect to convince others, then the burden of proof is on you.

The evidence shows religion is man made fantasy.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
I dont want to convince others. I merely witness, and admittedly not so well at times.

It wouldnt matter if i did miracles and said they were by God. Jesus did and they crucified him, preferring to keep their sin and power structure, much as most in government now do.

It's no skin off my back. I just tell of Him as commanded to do.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
An Ancient Atheist on The Story of Paul

Well, son, its a bad deal. I dont hang around Paul anymore since the accident. He used to be a good old boy, raping, killing and pillaging those theiving christians. Goofy bastids wanted no more taxation than 10%. They said that was all God asked for. Anybody knows our country couldnt make it on 10%.

Well, one night on the road to Damascus to visit a guys wife while he was off to war, he evidently drank a little too much muzzy mash from camel fodder.

Yeah, he must have fell off his ass and hit his head on a rock. He said he was hit by a bright, blinding flash of light and couldnt see crap for a while. Then, he started hearing voices. He said it sounded to him like God was talking to him and telling him he was going to hell if he didnt change his ways. Can you imagine something so idiotic. Go to hell for killing theives?

Yeah, go figure. That rock to the head must have made him crazy cause the next thing you know, he's running around with this Jesus nut job who says hes the son of God and he came out of a freaking virgin. Yeah, you know Paul,he believed that crap too, I guess.

Bunch of folks agreed with Paul that the Jesus freak did some miracles but I AINT BELIEVING ANY OF THAT CRAP. If it was true, how come he didnt bring him over here and get him to help me out.

Yeah son. I guess that rock sure messed old Paul up. That Jesus freak even got a bunch of other guys to go around with them spreading that crap around. One was once a fisherman. They turned him stone cold worthless.

Darn it Dad, thats too bad. Uncle Paul used to have some really great stories to tell before he hit his head on that rock.

Dad, did those other guys get hit in the head with a rock too?

Last edited by jaguartx; 10/01/16.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Atheists are the ultimate hypocrites. They condemn every other religion, especially Christian, while denying that their fer ventless held beliefs are a religion. They feel their religious views should supersede the majority, no prayer in school or Christmas displays in town squares.

I was through posting on this subject until I read this. You've hit the nail on the head, except for one small thing.....it's Christians they come after more so than the other religions. I do not believe in cramming my religious views down anyone's throat. Typically, that does more damage than it does good. But, I also do not believe in sugar coating it either. Things are what they are, and if it offends an atheist because I tell them that they are going to end up in Hell, then so be it. They do many things that offend me, but I try not to make an issue out of it.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Many of them say christians are as dangerous as religious extremists, but they dont really fear us as they do muzzies, or well, perhaps they are interested in the virgins. wink

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Atheists are the ultimate hypocrites. They condemn every other religion, especially Christian, while denying that their fer ventless held beliefs are a religion. They feel their religious views should supersede the majority, no prayer in school or Christmas displays in town squares.

I was through posting on this subject until I read this. You've hit the nail on the head, except for one small thing.....it's Christians they come after more so than the other religions. I do not believe in cramming my religious views down anyone's throat. Typically, that does more damage than it does good. But, I also do not believe in sugar coating it either. Things are what they are, and if it offends an atheist because I tell them that they are going to end up in Hell, then so be it. They do many things that offend me, but I try not to make an issue out of it.

It's statements like that that are offensive since you've arrogantly judged another on your belief which can't be proven.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I love these threads.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Where do you people live where there are squadrons of atheists beating down your doors to tell you that religion is silly?

Are you not physically imposing enough to ward off such attention?

Granted, I live in a weird place, but smack between two reservations is not where I would expect the most tolerant people in the US to reside. Guess it is.

The only people that have ever tried to clobber me with knowledge have been Christians.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Persecution!!!!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
it was bound to come to this, what with the Nation's walls being down for so long.

either the borderlines go back up, or the current process will continue on. some will be winners & some will be losers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Where do you people live where there are squadrons of atheists beating down your doors to tell you that religion is silly? - - - -

Not really - how could it be? - his earlier post apparently indicates that Antelope Sniper views atheism as a religion. (or was it Snyper? Nah !)

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Where do you people live where there are squadrons of atheists beating down your doors to tell you that religion is silly? - - - -

Not really - how could it be? - his earlier post apparently indicates that Antelope Sniper views atheism as a religion. (or was it Snyper? Nah !)

it's the Greens that views environmentalism as a religion. i don't "think" ol Antelope man is a Greenie.

like snakes, religions seems to proliferate from every nook & cranny.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
What's with all the religion posts lately?

Just trolls or is it more than that?

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Evidence?

Atheists such as AS love to debate the Bible and Christianity; but only on their terms. They will say that they only “look at the evidence.” But this is not true at all. AS for one, will only consider science based data and conclusions. He limits the “set of data” to only what he is comfortable with. In his mind, there is no such thing as “spirit.” If he can’t see it and touch it, then it must be excluded from the discussion and all references to “spirit” or the spiritual world is dismissed as some sort of mass delusion. Oddly, I think he is looking for physical evidence of a spiritual world.

The fact is, he is excluding the very thing that makes Christianity unique. God communicates directly with the individual person. We know and even AS will probably acknowledge it, God, if He is there, is “spirit.” There is indeed a whole world of beings and happenings out there that we see very little of and the likes of AS will deny exists.

AS likes to debate “god” but will deny that a spirit being could even exist. An empty data set for him.

But think about this empty set of data; a null set if you will. We as Christians have already had God “prove Himself to us.” When we look we see two sets of data; physical and spiritual. We have two rich sets of data. AS only has one. I will testify that God has proven Himself to me through the conviction and witness of the Holy Spirit. This God showing Himself to me. I have the “proof” that AS has been unable to apprehend.

Btw, I look at the world and see evidence of a Creator. Many people do. AS will dismiss this and say that this is not evidence for the existence of God. He is flat wrong here but cannot see it.

Some will allege that “God has not met his burden of proof.” God does not have a burden of proof. It seems as if atheists think they may find some defense on judgment day by saying to God: “Well, you didn’t make yourself sufficiently known to me so you should not sit in judgment of me. God, it’s your fault not mine.” Good luck with that.

Life is better having two sets of data. Both rich and full.

But, God is a spiritual being. A spiritual being is a non-corporeal being. This is usually in context of a spirit being that can somehow affect human life and the human condition. God being a “spirit” desired to show more about Himself and sent Jesus, God in corporeal form, to more effectively reveal Himself to us. Pretty cool.

Also, we have to remember that it is not our job to force understanding upon atheists. That task belongs to the Holy Spirit. Our job is to present and to witness as to what has happened to us and as to what we have experienced.

Last edited by TF49; 10/02/16.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
AS fits the scriptural definition of a fool. He's a good one at that. He's not even honest enough to address the thing I repeatedly told him on these Christianity subjects, that "one day we will see who's right, won't we?"

Just put the dude on ignore like I did a long time ago. He's not worth the effort.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Fantastic post TF49! Well said.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Are only christians allowed in your heaven? No Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims? What was the fate of those who lived in areas of the world who died before "the word" got to them? Why would god put these people on the planet with no shot of getting into heaven? What is/was their purpose; just to take up space? If god is all powerful and all good things come from god, are those people who have bad things happen forsaken in some way? What was your god's plan when he created the brain eating amoeba? Was that a loving thing?? If there is a god, he's really screwing around with us. What's the purpose of the Zika virus? Does he think we're all getting too smart so he needs to create a bunch of small-headed babies? All you people who "talk" to god. Ask him about that.

Last edited by cooper57m; 10/02/16.
Page 12 of 18 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

388 members (264mag, 160user, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 2500HD, 33 invisible), 2,235 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,508
Posts18,490,676
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.