Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Same glove treatment here

https://youtu.be/w1FVZEpYiLI

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That video needs to be shown in EVERY LE training academy as WHAT NOT TO DO, and mandatory for every corrections officer across the country.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Heym06
Nothing but stupid crap, from officers who should be in jail. Why can't criminal charges be brought against the officers, along with civil suit. Then the city, who kept corrupt police on the payroll! Just another city full of sheep running the city council! I support the police, I don't support corrupt police!

I don't know of anyone who supports corrupt cops. This is the kind of thing that makes LEO's jobs just that much harder.

I don't doubt for a moment that all three of those cops in the video, their supervisors, and the Chief are included in the lawsuit.
If the cops are lucky (and they should not be) they will only have to pay the limit on their homeowner's policy (~$300,000.00) each, lose their jobs, lose their state LE certification, and get probation for sexual assault.

IMHO, they should be charged with state charges of sexual assault with very high cash bonds, they should be charged under Title 1983 for violation of his civil/constitutional rights, and they should forfeit everything they now own and everything they will ever own.
The Chief should be fired, a new one hired from outside the department, and every officer on that department be required to attend re-training.

I suggest those measures only because I can't kill them.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by Heym06
Nothing but stupid crap, from officers who should be in jail. Why can't criminal charges be brought against the officers, along with civil suit. Then the city, who kept corrupt police on the payroll! Just another city full of sheep running the city council! I support the police, I don't support corrupt police!

I don't know of anyone who supports corrupt cops. This is the kind of thing that makes LEO's jobs just that much harder.

I don't doubt for a moment that all three of those cops in the video, their supervisors, and the Chief are included in the lawsuit.
If the cops are lucky (and they should not be) they will only have to pay the limit on their homeowner's policy (~$300,000.00) each, lose their jobs, lose their state LE certification, and get probation for sexual assault.

IMHO, they should be charged with state charges of sexual assault with very high cash bonds, they should be charged under Title 1983 for violation of his civil/constitutional rights, and they should forfeit everything they now own and everything they will ever own.
The Chief should be fired, a new one hired from outside the department, and every officer on that department be required to attend re-training.

I suggest those measures only because I can't kill them.

Ed

I'd like to see them added to the sexual predator list and database, too.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by bruinruin

I'd like to see them added to the sexual predator list and database, too.

That would be an automatic event should they be convicted of sexual assault.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I guess I did not see the event that is in question.

Looked like he had his shorts on.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't condone any sort of illegal search. That said, I'm not sure that what has been alleged here, actually occurred. Maybe it did, but what I saw in the video didn't convince me of it. A body cavity search is not all that different from what your doctor does at your annual physical, when you're over 40. I didn't see that or anything close. I'm not implying what the officer did was correct or even necessary but based on what the video showed, I cant say that there was a cavity search.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
War on drugs!!! Yeah!!! Lol.

"Officer, I shoved that joint up my dick hole. Only way you're getting it out is to suck it. "

Hope that fella sues that cop personally and takes his fuggin house.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Allen Park PD is pretty well known for being ummmmmm.. Not that great. I believe a few years ago an officer tased his partner WHILE HE WAS DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD during an argument between them. The guy that did the tasing I remember had been fired from a northern MI force for several complaints of excessive force.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If you don't like it then zip your fly when you're out in public. 😬

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some folks don't seem to realize that there are big differences between good cops and bad cops, or they don't want to acknowledge the differences.

This video would be a good lesson for the ignorant and the obstinate.

I admire and support all of the good ones and deplore the bad ones. I also think it is stupid and irresposible when the good ones don't call out the bad ones.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
The problem is there is no personal responsibility. The victim will get paid and the money will come from the tax payers. The department will continue as usual because not a one of them will have paid any penalty.The accused officers will suffer nothing except paid leave(a paid vacation).

I don't know the answers but there has to be some personal responsibility and accountability for these type cases.

That's the big problem with the system now. A bad officer is almost completely insulated from any recourse from his actions. Any money won in a lawsuit comes from the taxpayers instead of the individual cop so it has little effect on them personally. It's also extremely hard to sue a cop or police department because the public (juries) tend to believe a cops word over anyone. That's why I support videotaping everything police do. If the tape didn't exist in this instance then those cops would just deny it ever happened and no one would question their word. Tapes keep everyone honest.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bobmar
I don't condone any sort of illegal search. That said, I'm not sure that what has been alleged here, actually occurred. Maybe it did, but what I saw in the video didn't convince me of it. A body cavity search is not all that different from what your doctor does at your annual physical, when you're over 40. I didn't see that or anything close. I'm not implying what the officer did was correct or even necessary but based on what the video showed, I cant say that there was a cavity search.

You consent to a physical. And, if you're so inclined, lots of other stuff being shoved up there.

By your logic, there would be no rape because a rapist isn't doing anything different than a boyfriend or husband.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Originally Posted by Bobmar

You consent to a physical. And, if you're so inclined, lots of other stuff being shoved up there.

By your logic, there would be no rape because a rapist isn't doing anything different than a boyfriend or husband.

I think you misunderstand what I said, or maybe I didn't make my point clearly. I didn't see evidence of anything being shoved anywhere. That is my point!

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
I'm speechless and that says a lot. sick

From the news report, it sounds like the entire department, from the Chief on down, needs to go.

"A fish rots from the head".

Perhaps the LEO's from Michigan here can shed some light on the attorney's statements about a physical cavity search without a warrant and the warrantless search of the car by the K-9.

I know in some jurisdictions a search of the car can be made without a warrant subject to the arrest of the driver, but I don't know if MI has any qualifiers on that exception to the 4th Amendment.

Ed

This! ^^^^^

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by rem141r
it was all on the up and up until the one cop said "here smell my finger".

Damn...why can't this schitt happen to me??? I could suffer a finger up the ass for a couple million bucks....

Got to get a colonoscopy next month and all I'm gonna get in return is a sore ass hole.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by CCCC
Some folks don't seem to realize that there are big differences between good cops and bad cops, or they don't want to acknowledge the differences.

I admire and support all of the good ones and deplore the bad ones. I also think it is stupid and irresposible when the good ones don't call out the bad ones.

I'd buy the whole shift donuts for a year if I could get them to video me getting jammed up like that....

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by CCCC

I'd buy the whole shift donuts for a year if I could get them to video me getting jammed up like that....

I do believe you're at the punchline that goes "We've established what you are. Now we're just negotiating price" whistle

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I hate to see the truth get in the way of a good story but...we have one guy and his attorney saying that there was a cavity search, i.e. penetration! Nothing in the video proves that. I'm not the least bit impressed with the way the officer handles himself but it's going to take a lot more than what is depicted in the video we've seen, to prove that. For those of you who are unfamiliar, going to court is not about what you say happened. It's about what you can prove happened! Unless there is more proof out there than we've seen...good luck!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 57 invisible), 2,471 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,688
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.