-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, I am now down to just carrying the back straps. Looking pretty good at this point.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good luck to everyone, I'll be in the Flat Tops for 1st rifle.

Huntinut

"If it's the truth it ain't braggin" Will Rogers
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Deep Lake area. Probably not the best hunting but we are old men who like to camp and tell lies. We know the area, and are not that adventurous anymore. Stop by and share a glass of prune juice or geritol.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Heading out to Meeker on Tuesday. Weather is supposed to be dry, highs of 50's, and lows of 20's and 30's.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Heading up to CO on Thursday. Hoping to repeat last years success. Weather in Steamboat is snowing and cold off and on. You never know.

IC B2

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I'm going to be heading out tomorrow be around Granby.

USMC
Life Member VFW
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by roper

I was just up in unit 171 helping a bud fill his moose tag in 5 days I was up their i never saw an elk.. I hope they are there when you get up their..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by 79S

I was just up in unit 171 helping a bud fill his moose tag in 5 days I was up their i never saw an elk.. I hope they are there when you get up their..

Last time I check 171 is in North Park (Routt National Forest) and Granby is in Middle Park (Arapaho National Forest)and their something like the Continental Divide that separates them. Granby is part of unit 18 which goes west about 20 miles and when I say I'll be around Granby, I forgot to mention what part I'll be around. Since first season is draw tag I'm sure someone who drew 171 appreciate your report.

USMC
Life Member VFW
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

Last time I check 171 is in North Park (Routt National Forest) and Granby is in Middle Park (Arapaho National Forest)and their something like the Continental Divide that separates them. Granby is part of unit 18 which goes west about 20 miles and when I say I'll be around Granby, I forgot to mention what part I'll be around. Since first season is draw tag I'm sure someone who drew 171 appreciate your report.

City of granby sits in unit 28.. anyhow best of luck to you when we left Sunday going through unit 18 a lot of guys already headed in to set up their elk camps...

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

City of granby sits in unit 28.. anyhow best of luck to you when we left Sunday going through unit 18 a lot of guys already headed in to set up their elk camps...

You are right border is Lake Granby. You live Co so you do understand that lot of hunters set up camp early in more than just unit 18.

Last edited by roper; 10/10/16.

USMC
Life Member VFW
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
On Hwy 125 the border of 171 is the summit of Willow Creek Pass

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

You are right border is Lake Granby. You live Co so you do understand that lot of hunters set up camp early in more than just unit 18.

have a great elk season...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm going to be in unit 61 helping a friend out, strong back weak mind sort of thing. I do have to be back at work on Monday though so he better get it done early if he wants my help.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
NO signs of the rut going on in South Central CO during MZ season, a lot of reports of silence from around the state during archery. A few units had some activity going on, but this has been a strange year. I think the peak rut might have happened right between the end of archery and the start of rifle, but I bet you will still see some activity. It has been a very warm, dry fall all over the state.

Good luck to you gents!

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
was up moose hunting from the 30th to the 8th I heard one bull bugle and that was on the 1st after that we never heard another bull bugle.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Just got into town, crew of 4. Now for some last minute scouting and gear sorting. Good luck to you all.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by 79S
was up moose hunting from the 30th to the 8th I heard one bull bugle and that was on the 1st after that we never heard another bull bugle.

79S

Out bedroom window up at the ranch middle Of August

[Linked Image]

Edit!

Unit 18!

Last edited by kaywoodie; 10/13/16.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Heard a little bugling on each of the last few days. About half of the cow groups have one or more small to medium sized bulls with them, but not a lot of overt rutting behavior. It's warm (68 degrees) as I sit here typing at a little over 7,000 ft elevation. Elk seem to be either up high or down pretty low but not so much in the mid elevations.

Getting antsy smile wishing everyone good luck and good hunting!

Last edited by mudhen; 10/13/16.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Thanks Ben. Good luck!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by 79S

79S

Out bedroom window up at the ranch middle Of August

[Linked Image]

Edit!

Unit 18!

My buddy had a cow tag for unit 171.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

243 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 280rem_cm, 35, 2UP, 22 invisible), 1,690 guests, and 1,036 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,485,973
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.