Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Love Me Tender

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
American Trilogy came to my mind after seeing the post title before I opened this thread. Lots of great Elvis songs but the Trilogy is the only one on my iTunes account. The rest are on CDs with Kentucky Rain and I Can't Help Falling in Love with You my next well-liked tracks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My favorites will always be:

Jailhouse Rock - the first heavy metal song:)
Suspicious Minds

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Didn't Elvis sing "In A Yugo?"

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Little Sister"

IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Hard decision "How great thou art" or "Milk cow blues" wink GW

Last edited by oldtimer303; 10/21/16.

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Jacques_La_Rami

Waylon, was Elvis's bass player for a long time.

You sure about that? He was the bass player in Buddy Holly's band. Giving up his plane seat to Buddy and took a bus. That plane crashed a short tome later killing Holly.

Burning Love, Jailhouse Rock, Can't Help Falling In Love.

Last edited by LostHighway; 10/21/16.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Waylon Jennings and Jessi Colter did Suspicious Minds back in the seventies.

Waylon, was Elvis's bass player for a long time. He ended up quitting disgruntled because he was writing so many songs for Elvis and getting so little recognition or loyalties for his work. After he left, he sold more records than Elvis and Buddy Holly (another guy he played bass for) combined. Whenever you hear Waylon do an old 'Elvis' song, it really was a Waylon song in the first place-- Suspicious Minds may be the best example, but there are many more.

Did Elvis ever write a song? He sure did have a pretty voice and a lot of women who liked him, I'll give him that, but my mom got me to the point to where I couldn't stand him. Back in the day when a dozen 8 tracks was a big ol' box and quite a music selection, I think she might of had ten of 'em that were Elvis and two Conway Twitty's that she played everywhere she went. I got to where I would prefer silence to either one of those two choices. I think she cried for a week when Elvis died.

I think your thinking Eddie rabbitt....http://www.elvisblog.net/2007/06/17/elvis-and-waylon-jennings/ I know a lot about Elvis,since that's all I got to listen to as a kid, seen him to .....wrote my name on his wall at Graceland!! Twice!.... The GI blues album... Damm fine tunes!

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by mathman
Whichever one I'm not having to listen to.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Agreed.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[video
]https://youtu.be/PU5xxh5UX4U[/video] return to sender !

Last edited by atvalaska; 10/21/16.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For me it is clear . . . The first and earlist Elvis song I remember on the radio . . . Be bop a Lula . . . I still sing that phrase to this day in my best Elvis voice!!! grin

[video:youtube]qjXFfbydAbg[/video]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by mathman
Whichever one I'm not having to listen to.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Agreed.
u guys are out classed...better wait till the bars closed....lol

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by atvalaska
[video:youtube]PU5xxh5UX4U[/video]

Alaska asked me to help him fix his link. I'm glad I did because this is another dandy. We really got cheated with the King's early passing.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Waylon Jennings and Jessi Colter did Suspicious Minds back in the seventies.

Waylon, was Elvis's bass player for a long time. He ended up quitting disgruntled because he was writing so many songs for Elvis and getting so little recognition or loyalties for his work. After he left, he sold more records than Elvis and Buddy Holly (another guy he played bass for) combined. Whenever you hear Waylon do an old 'Elvis' song, it really was a Waylon song in the first place-- Suspicious Minds may be the best example, but there are many more.

Did Elvis ever write a song? He sure did have a pretty voice and a lot of women who liked him, I'll give him that, but my mom got me to the point to where I couldn't stand him. Back in the day when a dozen 8 tracks was a big ol' box and quite a music selection, I think she might of had ten of 'em that were Elvis and two Conway Twitty's that she played everywhere she went. I got to where I would prefer silence to either one of those two choices. I think she cried for a week when Elvis died.

I think your thinking Eddie rabbitt....http://www.elvisblog.net/2007/06/17/elvis-and-waylon-jennings/ I know a lot about Elvis,since that's all I got to listen to as a kid, seen him to .....wrote my name on his wall at Graceland!! Twice!.... The GI blues album... Damm fine tunes!

You must be right, I thought that I heard a Paul Harvey 'Rest of the Story' that told the story above, (still pretty sure I did) but I can't find one on youtube now so I wikied Elvis various bands and don't see Waylon there-- I did find this looking around though . . .

[Linked Image]
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
[video:youtube]v=WWVMXLSS1cA[/video]

[video:youtube]v=ui0EgRsFVN8[/video]

[video:youtube]v=SBmAPYkPeYU[/video]

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like Suspicious Minds. I can't think of any others I like.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Blue Christmas."

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
... Elvis shuffling around in Nixon's desk looking for pens to hand out to his entourage. Kentucky Rain and In the Ghetto are my two favorites after Trilogy.

Mine too. After his mom's premature death, Elvis' grew more soulful and his music more powerful.

Many years ago, I read Albert Goldman's critical but remarkably captivating Elvis biography - it painted a dark picture but really cemented me as an Elvis fan.

Last edited by night_owl; 10/21/16.

abusus non tollit usum
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Another for suspicious minds

Great song and Elvis owns it

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (16penny, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,473 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,189
Posts18,484,912
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.