Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Stick,
I do not believe for a second either that you can, on demand, make a first round hit at 700yds with a .22 LR nor a 2000yds first round hit with anything you own. Hell, I don't think you can--on demand--make a first round hit at 700yds with a .223AI every time, under all conditions. I'm not talking about shooting giant rocks. I'm talking about shooting something reasonable for caliber.

I don't shoot a .223 at dudes standing 1500yds away. It's more like a few hundred yards deer gun or a few more hundred yards varmint gun. So let's say first round on demand on a 6" circle. If you use it on bipeds call it a 12" box although you have a little more to work with.

With a .22LR how far can you make a first round hit or keep 90% of your shots on the same size target? More realistically, how far can you hit a Coke can? Doesn't really matter because it doesn't have the ass to get there and do anything but, just for your bragging rights, I'm curious.

With a .270Win (or anything for that matter) a shot at 2000yds is never easy, for anyone. But practical application, again, how far can you (on demand) place a first round hit on a 10-15" circle despite the fact at some point it lacks sufficient velocity and energy for hunting? My personal furthest was around 2700m with a .50 BMG and it took 3 shots but the target was a huge tracked vehicle (I still only hit within a third the length of center) so I don't think that was spectacular shooting. I certainly wouldn't claim I could do that again right now as a matter of routine.

I'm personally challenged by 300yds with a .22LR, I start working harder for wind at 500yds with a .223 Rem and past 700yds it doesn't matter if you hit because it won't reliably flash all steel targets. With a 6.5 Creed things are much easier than with a .308Win to 800yds but past 900yds things get much harder for anyone. I don't care who you are unless you are my friend Norm Crawford and I have even seen him miss due to wind. I guess what I'm driving at is low recoil doesn't always contribute to long range success although I do want the least recoil with the requisite amount of performance to get the job done. I think that is what this thread is probably about so that guys don't give the normal recommendation of needing a .300WM for 500yds shooting.

If you can do all the things you claim, you ought to be teaching folks instead of being a pretentious jackass all the time. Hint. Maybe I just said a whole bunch more ignorant stuff and you can have a heyday extolling your knowledge and exploits in that ridiculous made up bush people language you use. Hint.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
AND we're off to the races....

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'alf,

You're right...there ain't too many fhuqking things funnier than a Weatherby! Though they badly botch rifles,some of the chamberings ain't horrid and I've prolly shot a few of 'em.(grin)

I don't much fret feed/function with chamberings that are non-SALAMI,as I've prolly dabbled a few. DBM's in general and the Primal conversion in particular,tidily nip more than a few thangs and Plug & Play is never not handy,nor is increased COAL and round count options. Personally,I never tote anything but a 5-rounder as a default,but have seen me slip a 10-rounder or a few in a ruck as Play Toy contingency.

I'd be torn on the Dasher,due to how splendid everything is on both sides of it. With the 6BR nestling one flank and the XC or 6x47 Lapooey on the other and with great brass obviously available for all,less a great logistics aid or pricing defray advantage in any direction. There's no COAL advantage,nor OEM platform to extoll,that'd really seal the deal.

Might should prolly oughtta yank the OEM CM Jap Roy spout offa certain 224 Wby Varmintmaster and dupe the contour at 20",with a 1-8" 6BR spout,as a Mind Fhuqk Sleeper for lippy bastards.

If only because that sorta schit cracks me the fhuqk up and I've always loved me a Sleeper................(grin)

'mark,

Lotsa ways to arrange happiness. The 223 boltgun's incessant bane is twist rate,because Bean Counters don't shoot. The Krunchentickers' bane is COAL and it's hilarious,that no Manufacturer can connect such GLARING dots.

If looking to drive an OEM base,I'd simply go 1-8" S/S RAR and toss it in a MDT chassis(I prefer the EHG but they don't RAR as of yet),so as to nip the schit OEM handle and reap DBM dividends. No thang to pitch the trigger lever and re-spring for sub 2lbs on Yanktitude. Go 2pc base,shim the stern,drive 'Horn rings for an extry 40MOA and Fixed Fhuqk your way to the Finish Line.

Shoot that spout out,bank that experience and let it nudge your rebarreling decisions. Not that I haven't punched alotta OEM SALAMI spouts out to Aye-Eye and am more than a leetle hip on the notion.

You could Remage outta da' gate and have it all.

Hint.............

'pole,

Tough to get giddy about a Tikka,because the mags and stocks are so fhuqking schitty. Their TikTac is an EPIC Goat Fhuqk. Have had lotsa pards try and all I ever had to say was "ToldjaSo". Nobody I can think of,owns one anymore.

Pass the RAR Chassis..............

"Performance",

Ain't it a fhuqking hoot,that your beliefs are solely predicated upon your "means","abilities" and "comprehension",which ain't never not fhuqking hilarious from start to fhuqking finish? Congratulations?!? Laughing!

Describe "your" 22LR Long Range setup(s),if only because the feigned attempt will be funnier than fhuqk. Don't "forget" fodder,glass,mounting system,rifle platform and other salient "tidbits". Hint.

Nextly,describe "your" 223AI(s) and the "particulars" associated with those Delusions too. Don't "forget" fodder,glass,mounting system,rifle platform and other salient "tidbits". Laughing!

There's no need for you to wax eloquent on all the things you cannot do,nor upon the wares you've never even fhuqking seen,let alone "used"...but in fairness,your glaring Dumbfhuqktiude is HILARIOUS! That only because,you are doing your best. Laughing!

Mebbe cite as per your version of "experience",when receiving a 40gr solid starts to feel "good"? A "lowly" FWB 300S and a 8gr and small change JSB Exact at say 650fps(admittedly mines faster than that due the Maccari springs and Arctic seals),ain't gonna make your face tickle at the muzzle...though a 40gr 22LR solid at the 700yd line has far more pile driving ass. Hint. At least you can afford to read about it,you "lucky" kchunt. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

I enjoy the hilarity of your BEST efforts,"rewarding" you with a 270Win extrapolation. I'd be impressed to learn if someone had more disdain for the 270Win than I and will yet again feign my "surprise" that your copious Dumbfhuqktitude,reliably fills your pointy head with so much STUPIDITY. You are in soooooooooooo fhuqking far over your pointy head,that it is a shame that you've less than ZERO inkling of that fact. Though that do certainly up the Humor Quotient. Laughing!

Your gross inability to savvy twist,BC or projectile is JeffZero worthy and your Savage99 rifle/scope/boolit "particulars" are a fhuqking hoot! PLEASE keep doing your best and be sure to "tell" me more,as you talk out your ass,in regards to the things you "know" the least about. Hint. Laughing!

I've never even seen a 308,please "tell" me more about them too. I am VERY "surprised" that they can be whooped at the 800yd line. Laughing!

I've never heard of a 300Win either,so you'll wanna "tell" me about that too. Laughing!

This Thread is about Dumbfhuqks trying to talk out their ass and obliviously Show Case their STUPIDITY,under the fabricated Delusion that they've a FIRST fhuqking clue. Hopefully,one of 'em will try to drop a "name" to quantify same. Laughing!

Now be sure to cite the velocity and "energy" levels,where boolits "don't" kill and how your version of "experience" cajoled that Fabrication? Then extrapolate in kind,where a marked increase in both over shadow placement,again as pertaining to your version of "experience". PLEASE find me "mistaken",as it will be funnier than fhuqk. Hint.

You Whining CLUELESS Dumbfhuqks are never not entertaining. Be SURE to cite any/all words that were "too big" or "too Technical" for you and I'll be rather at ease in connectin' them dots,even for someone as fhuqking STUPID as you. Hell...I might even add some pics.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!....................

'bean,

She can only do the best she can,with what incredibly fhuqking little she has to work with...the "lucky" kchunt.

Nice to "learn",that boolits turn into Feel Good Spray.

Didn't see THAT one coming.

Bless her heart.

Laughing!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Big Stick

'pole,

Tough to get giddy about a Tikka,because the mags and stocks are so fhuqking schitty. Their TikTac is an EPIC Goat Fhuqk. Have had lotsa pards try and all I ever had to say was "ToldjaSo". Nobody I can think of,owns one anymore.

Pass the RAR Chassis..............

Nobody's getting giddy. Used to be the only factory 8-twist available but that just shows how up to date I am with the RARs. I may have to try one.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If looking to drive an OEM base,I'd simply go 1-8" S/S RAR and toss it in a MDT chassis(I prefer the EHG but they don't RAR as of yet),so as to nip the schit OEM handle and reap DBM dividends. No thang to pitch the trigger lever and re-spring for sub 2lbs on Yanktitude. Go 2pc base,shim the stern,drive 'Horn rings for an extry 40MOA and Fixed Fhuqk your way to the Finish Line.

What are you re-springing with?

Hell...Reloading/Shooting are still my favorite things to do,besides play in the box the kids came in.................
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
'alf,
I'd be torn on the Dasher,due to how splendid everything is on both sides of it. With the 6BR nestling one flank and the XC or 6x47 Lapooey on the other and with great brass obviously available for all,less a great logistics aid or pricing defray advantage in any direction. There's no COAL advantage,nor OEM platform to extoll,that'd really seal the deal.

FYI.....the Dasher adds 150 over the BR, and the 6x47 Lapua adds 100 over the Dasher, all thangs equal of course.

You've done more for less.......grin......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'pole,

The RAR S/S 223's are held in esteem in these parts,their 5.56 cousins not so much,due their Linda Lovelace throats.

Nor do the CM 5.56's wear nearly as well.

[Linked Image]

No thang to kiss a 75A-Max ala Plug & Play in the S/S,or via DBM,as they are throated nicely. Easy to plywood a RAR and upgrade the handle,but a chassis nips all in one fell swoop.

[Linked Image]

AM steel 5-rounders are Skookum +P..................

'LBS,

I should go back to labelin' pics,as I re-spring the schit outta lotsa thangs. Cain't like many OEM trigger springs,nor OEM DBM mag latch springs,amongst a host of other spring issues. Have a tendency to fail alotta boltgun mag follower springs too.

Field expedient RAR Chickenschit Trigger Latch cure,for a pard on the fly. Tough to beat Maxima Chameleon for Utility.(grin)

[Linked Image]

Purty sure this is a RAR re-spring item part number.

[Linked Image]

They are nasty wicked little fhuqkers and LOVE 75A-Max.

[Linked Image]

Lotsa bang,for the Buck...pun be intended..................

'alf,

The 20" 6XC Montucky(s) love 105 Hornie HPBT Smooches at 2970fps ala '17 and have been a Holy Fhuqking Terror on Splendid Bucks this year.

Hopefully I'll catch a gale or two on this 2wk vacation,so I can justify the "fairness" of squirtin' that same boolit at 3350fps outta a certain Six Twat-Six,into like victims.

She's cetainly a Gawddamned Fhuqking DEATH Ray.

[Linked Image]

Scored another donor action yesterday and am half tempted to Remage a 8" Dasher on it in a Chassis Bitch,figurin' if I hate it...I could always use another 6-284 LFB.

Decisions...decisions.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mailmanmark
If I were going to go with the .223AI in an 8 twist, are there any decent factory guns available or do I need to go custom?

Just have one built. Go with a Rem700 action to keep things simple, you'll have like 18 zillion aftermarket options on stocks, triggers, etc, and be sure to give the smith a dummy round loaded mag length with a 75 Amax and tell him you want to be able to reach the lands.

However..... having built a 8 twist .223AI with my own two hands, it doesn't really light my candle. I don't need THAT low of recoil, and while it's fun, it's limited compared to a real LR cartridge. It's a good trainer for my kid but I find I don't shoot it much. YMMV.

Personally, my opinion is if you want a low-drama, turnkey, (relatively) low recoil long range toy, just get a Creedmore. Easy brass availability, great bullets and lots of them, will be twisted right, etc.

If you want to step it up from there and get about the most LR bang for the recoil, the cool kids are building 6.5 SAUMs (aka 6.5 GAP 4S). GAP is selling headstamped Hornady brass. You can run it on the cool side, still beat 6.5/.284 ballistics, yet triple the barrel life of the 6.5/.284, which other than THAT little detail, would be another good choice.

Google 6.5 GAP 4S and settle in for a looooong night of reading. Some good people have got a good recipe going there.

I'm building a midweight one now... should be done this winter. Won't get the barrel and stock till early 2017.

When comparing the various cartridges, compare drift numbers. Therein lies your huckleberry. Minimize recoil, minimize drift, ignore all the typical gun-store ballistics gack you might've heard ("it shoots so flat I can hold on hair out to blah blah blah...").... Drift. Did I mention to compare drift? grin

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
PS- if your smith doesn't have a .223AI reamer and gauges, he can borrow mine.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Kinetic,

let it ride. You're in over your head...by a significant margin.

Stick's people skills may not make you feel all warm and fuzzy (they don't bother me...I find him inordinately entertaining!), but the dude knows his schitt.

If you're not thirsty, then don't drink, but trying to best him in either technical knowledge or talkin' smack is a veddy bad idea, as you will not only lose, but lose badly.

Just a word to the wise.

Last edited by DELGUE; 10/30/16.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
that is a truck load of Giants. Wow, looks fun.

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stick,
Quick question for ya please.....do you run zero stop on your SWFA scopes?, and if so what do you use to obtain the ZS.....I find myself looking to try a few of the SWFA line of 6x mil quad .

Thanks in advance,

gonzaga

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Rubber hose gasket will work as a zero stop on a Super Chicken.

Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gonzaga
Stick,
Quick question for ya please.....do you run zero stop on your SWFA scopes?, and if so what do you use to obtain the ZS.....I find myself looking to try a few of the SWFA line of 6x mil quad .

Thanks in advance,

gonzaga

Have run the gamut in R&D and much prefer a soft stop,due it's friendly nature to all things scope internal and it's latitude in how one wishes to set a 'stop up.

Safe to say...I've dabbled more than a smidge.(grin)

[Linked Image]

Just shot this for clarification and to pinpoint a coupla dots that need connected,for Long Term Satisfaction(s).

1000 Purty Words

It'd take a Pointy Headed Drooling DUMB Fhuqk to botch this,but JeffZero has already commented prior,on how the premise whooped her ass. 'Course...she was the ONLY fhuqking one "surprised" at said "revelation". Laughing!

[Linked Image]

In my Film Making haste,I delved but one flavor of Inktitude and that despite my long standing constant of dabblin' twice that many in application. Info is CHEAP Insurance and I'm never not dazzled by the countless number of folks,who go wellllllll outta their way to preclude same. People crack me the fhuqk up!

I purposely chewed up the erector spindle on this NIB scope,to denote where one needs to orient the zero stop,in relation to spindle length. Up top you'll see a Half Screw Bitch,which is what you do NOT want. Below it amidship,is the Zero Stop SWEET Spot. Further down the tree,is where the turret bites,with no stop incorporated.

[Linked Image]

A Black MagicMarker is THE most impohtant Reloading Tool and a Yeller Paint Stick the most impohtant Scope Zero tool.

The Black Marker is imperative for setting die geometry,in regards to both sizing and seating. I of course use it elsewhere,but that is the MAIN role. I'll digress,as I've beat that drum soundly.

Secondly,the Yeller Marker has no equal as both a High Contrast Data Backer and as an Index Marker. Because fhuqking around has never intellested me,I tend to etch more than a few particulars in stone.

I like to keep track of total erector travel,along with a Parallax Witness Mark,which is geared in express accordance to the given platform's inherent duties. Having such info stare you literally in the face,is nothin' but VERY warm and VERY fhuqking fuzzy. Hint.

Objective caps read total erector travel beyond zero and the TDC parallax scribe is a great aid.

[Linked Image]

It is then easy to ascertain where one is at in the Grand Scheme of thangs,in relation to both parallax and erector travel. Yet another 54 in 22LR here and a cursory gawk yields that the parallax setting is amiss from it's "home" setting. Though that is due intent,in regards to pending engagement distance,the glaring feedback is processed in a nano-second and deviations of the predetermined norm,are caught well in advance of becoming a debacle. Hint.

Couple such finite control,with Beaver Dope housed in the ocular and one can thread literal needles,from Muzzle Burn distances...to distant Solar System engagement distances. The latitude is inherent and ripe for the pickin',if given a thunk.

[Linked Image]

There's 1200yds of Hasty Dope housed in this ocular and a parallax Witness,slated to the rifle's zero and it's application. A 105 Hornie HPBT at 3350fps in a LW wearin' a 6x MQ Fixed Fhuqker...due tend to be rather forgivin'.(grin)

[Linked Image]

You've been led to water,enjoy that refreshin' feelin' and reap the rewards........................

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Hold the fluff dummy... you have the uncanny ability to sugar coat turds like no other... congratulations??? The epic goat phuque.... note the copious amounts of blue tape, big dumb turrets, jap sourced glass etc???? You poor poor, , literally stupid bastard!!!!...... only (4) more "hunts" to go on, more pics to come...
[Linked Image]

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Boxer how is the clarity on the SWFA in the early morning or last minute of shooting light?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Damn, I've got blue tape, Jap glass, turrets, AND a sticker..... grin

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice elk!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Don't forget the bigazz elk...you got the elk, too! grin

Last edited by DELGUE; 11/01/16.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
For coyotes and jihadists a 6 Dasher will give them an ear ache between 4-700 yards quite reliably. Also good for 1000 yards as well.

Burns ~31gr powder, with 105gr class bullets. 1:8 twist if you have some elevation or 1:7 ish if your at sea level.

Not a whole lot more expensive than a long distance 223 or AI.

Most use H-4895 or Varget but if you want better barrel life go with H-4350 .

The 6 BR isn't shabby at all at the ranges quoted and no fire forming, however Dasher fire forming loads run just under 1 moa in my rifles.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 73 invisible), 2,880 guests, and 1,365 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,232
Posts18,485,687
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.