Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
WRO Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by STS45
I'll just say it, the 85 mm Razor is garbage. It was almost worthless above 48 power. The Meopta blows it out of the water.

Maybe you were looking through a bad one or something. Mine is excellent.

Peoples definition of excellent are different.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WRO
I'll just say it, the 85 mm Razor is garbage. It was almost worthless above 48 power. The Meopta blows it out of the water.

Peoples definition of excellent are different.

That's true. I'm comparing it to various Swaro, Leica, Zeiss, etc, that I've spent some time behind. No Meopta and no Kowa, though.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

If power was the main issue ou were looking through either a bad example or had mirage issues that would have bothered everything you looked through.

Too much looking through too many optics to accept an offhand "garbage" label...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
its too bad they didn't put in more eye relief in the new vortex spotters. I really like the form factor of the new ones.

Yup, I got one of the 27-60x85 new versions for this fall's moose hunt and really liked it... once I got used to the tight eye relief. It was not automatic and there was/is some concern they will not be as well-received because of it.

Art, I have the same spotter and though I've had it a month or so I just got it out on a window mount and then a tripod to work it out a bit; while the optics are good and I like the ergo's and controls, you are right, the eye-relief is "tight", very "tight".

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I've got one of the first gen Razor 16-48x65mm. I noticed the new version gained some weight. 48 oz to 56 oz.

Yeah, in my opinion that's a fair step backwards........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Also, I've seen a lot of variation between individual optics from the China/Taiwan stuff.

Although as the OP noted the new new Razors are asssembled here.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
its too bad they didn't put in more eye relief in the new vortex spotters. I really like the form factor of the new ones.

Yup, I got one of the 27-60x85 new versions for this fall's moose hunt and really liked it... once I got used to the tight eye relief. It was not automatic and there was/is some concern they will not be as well-received because of it.

Art, I have the same spotter and though I've had it a month or so I just got it out on a window mount and then a tripod to work it out a bit; while the optics are good and I like the ergo's and controls, you are right, the eye-relief is "tight", very "tight".

They picked up some "light" with the reduced eye relief by bringing the eye closer to reduce stray light

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

388 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 54 invisible), 2,710 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,411
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.