Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Anaconda
When considering high end optics, you should really try to compare them side by side in person. Everyone’s eyes are different, and what looks best to someone else, might not be best for you.

Agreed. No way I could let someone tell me what my eyes (and ergos) prefer.
The Leica 8x32 is superb but I had to wiggle around to get a clear site picture with them - likely due to the shape of eye sockets or perhaps my moon face. smile
I don't have that issue with the full-size Leica. You owe it to yourself to try a few of them.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have the Leica 8X32 Ultravid HD, and I've been using it exclusively as my go anywhere, do everything bino for 8 years now. I absolutely love it, and haven't wished for any other bino since! There's honestly nothing I would change about it. To me, 8X32 is a great compromise magnification and objective size combination that allows for a significant reduction in size and weight vs. 42mm and 50mm binos, while still having a reasonably large enough objective size that low light performance isn't hampered too much. Something about the way Leica's optical design/coatings combination and the way it renders contrast and makes colors pop agrees with my eyes. It is very compact and light, yet not so much so that it's difficult to handle and steady for long periods of glassing. Resolution is top notch, and light transmission is more than sufficient to take me to the limits of legal hunting hours. The Aqua-Dura lens coatings work well.

At the time I bought it, Leica transitioned to the lifetime warranty. I've had no experience with Leica's customer service, and have had no need for it.

Even though I'm glad I have it and have never regretted buying it, there have been so many superb binos introduced in the $1K price range during the past 5 years, that if I were buying a bino today, it might be hard for me to justify the Leica's (or Swaro or Zeiss) price tag. This isn't a criticism of the alpha-level binos, as they are all superb; it's praise for the new crop of upper mid level binos making it harder to justify the price difference between them and the alphas.

Ted
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 1moredeer, 17CalFan, 1234, 48 invisible), 3,113 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,662
Posts18,534,060
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.