-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i have had a 41 in one or another flavor hand gun since 1970. many other calibers have come and gone but like the 45 acp, 357,30-30,45-70 the 41 always has a home with me.
just never warmed up to a 40 cal anything.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I've owned a Smith 57 in .41 Magnum. Since it wasn't noticably less a kicker than my Smith 29, .44 Magnum, I let it go.
I've shot a couple of 10mm 1911 Colts. Much more compact and a little lighter. Not near the muzzle blast or recoil either. But, it's closer to the .357 magnum in paper ballistics than it is to the .41 Mag. Still it's a very powerful round.
If you want to go with a more compact pistol, and you like the 1911 design, it certainly will work. E

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by saddlering
Fellows Thanks to all the input! Ill think the 41 has a forever Home! looked at the Delta this afternoon, and for the price its more than im going to fool with, I have the 41 mag. the dies brass ect. already! Thanks again!

Sounds like a good choice.

When I see others going through the mental gymnastics of ridding a known firearm to fund the purchase of an unknown firearm, I think, "the grass is greener" has come into play. Having first hand experience with all the firearms you noted in this thread, the best advice and suggestion I could make would be to determine the exact end use, you want out of the firearm, first. Then, you better the odds of coming out ahead.

Placing a premium on a well built revolver, would go to the Dan Wesson column. Strong desire for that particular Colt, goes to the Delta column. Pure terminal ballistics for any given single shot, goes toward the 41 out of a revolver. A handy pistol with great terminal ballistics and great performance on follow up shots, then a 10mm in a semi may get the nod. I, as an example, have retired a long used 44 revolver, that I've carried all over creation and back, to hunt and kill medium and large game, up to a water buffalo, for a 10mm Glock. That 44 is superior in so many ways, except in the area I found the most joy hunting with a pistol. In the area of handy dandy pistol with quick follow ups, my decision went to the 10mm column.

I would further suggest that if you are more interested in a hunting 10mm, vs a Delta, you could find an inexpensive Glock down the road, and run with that. A full load using the 180xtp will give you wonderful results on most anything you'd hunt. If really pushing things and needing to better penetration, the new Fed Trophy Bonded will do the trick.

Best smile

Last edited by GaryVA; 11/29/16.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (35, AceBall, 6mmbrfan, 16penny, 13 invisible), 1,600 guests, and 714 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,966
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.