Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TC1
The P938 makes a lot of sense when you compare it to pistols in the class of it's own size. The EMP 4 is bigger and heavier than a G19. Wouldn't the simplicity point be the same for it?

From what I can recall, I don't believe the EMP is bigger than the 19. I consider the 19 midsize.

Regarding a carry pistol, give me a pure point and shoot pistol, no safety, no discussion on hot and cocked, no distractions and I want small and concealable like the 43 or Shield.

I bought the EMP as I like shooting that gun alot, it wasn't intended as my primary carry gun, many are using the EMP as a carry piece but the ambi safety makes me just a little nervous for a carry gun.

I like the ambi safety as I'm a lefty and if I was to carry it daily the left side safety lever would be removed.

YMMV.

GB1

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree, the P938 wouldn't have the same enjoyment as a 1911 for someone wanting to shoot it a lot. Even though EMP was mentioned in the thread it's not really in the same class as a P938. That was the only point I was trying to make. I've owned 2 Sringfield 1911's and enjoyed both. Nice pistols. The charm to the P938 is it's ease of carry and the fact that it handles so much better than a lot of sub compacts on the market (for me anyway.) A safety on a carry pistol has never given me any cause for concern. That said I carry a LC9s Pro at times too. I feel comfortable with both styles.

The EMP 4 is bigger and heavier than a G19.
EMP 4 = 7 1/2" 31 ozs
G19 = 7 1/4" 24 ozs

Last edited by TC1; 11/25/16.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Ok, I'm feeling frisky this morning so let's bring it!

The 19 is a 1/4 inch shorter? Hell, my love handles are two inches per side. 1/4 inch, pffftttt... I can bury that 1/4 inch anywhere on this cheese cake eating physique.

A 1/4 inch where? the grip is what "prints" and that 19 has quite the "print", barrel length matters little in the concealment game.

R.E. the EMP, What if there was a 3inch EMP? Game changer! shorter than the 19, Ha!

Weight, the weights you've given are mags empty, you're 2x4 19 double stack mag loaded is at least as heavy or heavier than either single stack EMP loaded..

The EMP was "mentioned" in this thread? GFG, it's in capital letters in the subject line!!!!!!!!!!!!

your turn............

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ha! OK, my turn.

I stated your gun was about the same size as a G19 and you said it wasn't and I posted specs and yes, it is.

Weight, the weights you've given are mags empty, you're 2x4 19 double stack mag loaded is at least as heavy or heavier than either single stack EMP loaded..

Nope. The G19 is lighter loaded than the EMP 4 is EMPTY.

R.E. the EMP, What if there was a 3inch EMP? Game changer! shorter than the 19, Ha!

Still heavier! Empty it's only 3 ozs lighter than a G19 loaded with 15 cartridges! grin

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TC1

Nope. The G19 is lighter loaded than the EMP 4 is EMPTY.

A 1/4 inch and now micrograms,

Don't make me get the scale out.

IC B2

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can't like the micro 1911's with no grip safety. My son-in-law just bought the itty bitty Kimber 9mm. I can't see what it does that a Glock 43 or S&W Shield does better. I have smallish to mid-size hands and when I snap the ambi safety off the micro Kimber the off side gets stuck on the meaty part of my hand inhibiting the manipulation of the safety. No grip safety on a 1911 pattern pistol, especially a tiny one, doesn't set well with me. Carry in Condition Three is goofy, why do that when there are plenty of handguns available that can be safely carried all up and ready to go? The little Kimber is already sacrificing magazine capacity and carry with one less doesn't make sense to me. If I only want five rounds a J-frame is a much better option in my mind. My son-in-law is 6' 4" and about 260 lbs with hands the size of salad plates. I doubt he will ever get the safety off the damned Kimber.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MOGC
I can't like the micro 1911's with no grip safety. My son-in-law just bought the itty bitty Kimber 9mm. I can't see what it does that a Glock 43 or S&W Shield does better. I have smallish to mid-size hands and when I snap the ambi safety off the micro Kimber the off side gets stuck on the meaty part of my hand inhibiting the manipulation of the safety. No grip safety on a 1911 pattern pistol, especially a tiny one, doesn't set well with me. Carry in Condition Three is goofy, why do that when there are plenty of handguns available that can be safely carried all up and ready to go? The little Kimber is already sacrificing magazine capacity and carry with one less doesn't make sense to me. If I only want five rounds a J-frame is a much better option in my mind. My son-in-law is 6' 4" and about 260 lbs with hands the size of salad plates. I doubt he will ever get the safety off the damned Kimber.

Preach it brutha........

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I carried a Sig P938 in a front pocket for about 3 years, using a Ritchie pocket holster. I always carried chambered with the hammer cocked and safety engaged and never had an issue with the safety disengaging without being intentionally manipulated. I did not disengage the safety until the muzzle had cleared the pocket. I must say that I had a few times when I missed the safety during the presentation. It was a neat little gun but I perceived that it was not as durable as the slightly larger Glock 43 that replaced it

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
I carried a Sig P938 in a front pocket for about 3 years, using a Ritchie pocket holster. I always carried chambered with the hammer cocked and safety engaged and never had an issue with the safety disengaging without being intentionally manipulated. I did not disengage the safety until the muzzle had cleared the pocket. I must say that I had a few times when I missed the safety during the presentation. It was a neat little gun but I perceived that it was not as durable as the slightly larger Glock 43 that replaced it

Preach it brutha.....

didn't mean to hijack, bored out of my mind, shoulda went fishing, soaked Musky suckers for 7 hours yesterday and not even a sniff,

but tomorrow it's gonna get real.

IC B3

65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Great info gang. Appreciate all sharing.

I also agree that the EMP might be one that folks enjoy as much in the range or field. Seem like well made guns and the SA trigger likely aids shootability. The All metal should be very long lasting it would seem

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Kimber .380 works perfectly as a pocket pistol; their 9 Micro nearly as well.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
1911's rarely make sense.

The mini versions make even less sense.

Wants aside of course.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Dave,
What's are your preferred SD side arms?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I handled the EMP4 at the store recently and I would definately carry one if I didn't already carry a G19.

NRA Life Member
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deflave

Wants aside of course.

Dave
Agreed. For concealed carry, technology has passed them by. It's mainly nostalgia that keeps them going in this role.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 65BR
Dave,
What's are your preferred SD side arms?

G23

Shield

LCR/J-frame

LCP.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Wants aside of course.

Dave
Agreed. For concealed carry, technology has passed them by. It's mainly nostalgia that keeps them going in this role.

About two years back, you sang the opposite tune, and you still have exactly the same level of actual experience (essentially zero).

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks Dave

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Wants aside of course.

Dave

About two years back, you sang the opposite tune, and you still have exactly the same level of actual experience (essentially zero).

TRH carries everyday and has since IIRC, the early eighties. That's hardly zero experience, unless you're talking gunfights. If you are then there are few here who should be commenting.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 56 invisible), 2,570 guests, and 1,425 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,176
Posts18,484,670
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.