Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
I understand the practice of comparing powders but have not seen any powder burn lists that have Tac on them. Guess I need to look harder. thanks.

Long

GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I understand the practice of comparing powders but have not seen any powder burn lists that have Tac on them. Guess I need to look harder. thanks.

Long

Long

Go to Western Powders/Ramshot website. They have a current burn rate chart there. I couldn't live without their powders. Tac and Big Game are two of my favorites.

Their tech staff is one of the best. They always answer any questions you might have, no BS, just the facts. Great folks to work with.

Best Wishes, Bill

PLEASE EXCUSE CAPS. I AM HANDICAPPED AND ONLY HAVE ONE USABLE HAND FOR TYPING, THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION.

"THE" THREAD KILLER #3

It's ok....I've started up my meds again........They'll take effect in about a week. ( In honor of Staci M. 2006)

NRA LIFE MEMBER - 1965
JPFO- LIFE MEMBER

HANDLOADS ARE LIKE UNDERWEAR.....BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SWAP WITH.

HAPPY TRAILS, BILL
L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Stinger, thanks for the heads up.

Long

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A better question, for writers and anyone else who hunts with a handgun:

Why do you hunt with a handgun?

� � because the handgun is more appropriate than a rifle for the particular game or situation?

� � for the challenge to your skill as a hunter or shooter?

� � to be different from other hunters?

� � to explore the practical potential of the handgun?

� � because the handgun brings into play an interest that has waned after years of hunting with rifles?

� � because the handgun is easier to carry afield than a rifle is?

� or � ?

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Ken,

I hunted almost exclusively with a pistol of some sort for 3 years. Why? For the extra challenge and secondly a pistol is a lot lighter/handier than a rifle. I live/hunt in Pa and in the pre-QDM days the odds of seeing, let alone shooting a big buck were quite rare. So to make the game much mo' interesting, we started hunting with pistols. Hunted with hand made recurves the previous 10 years with alot of success on 6-8 point bucks - none of which would impress anyone.

Killed most of my deer with an 06 Encore pistol, a few with a 308 Bellm and 30-30 in the Contender, a few with my Ruger Blackhawk 44 mag, and 1-2 with my Smith 357. Hunting with a pistol is great fun - especially if you ain't overly concerned with horn size.

I even had a 350 Rem mag barrel built for my Encore to take Elk hunting. Still haven't toted it for Elk but did kill a doe with it 4-5 years ago.

Between Dad and I, we have an arsenal of interesting pistols that we hunt with. We usually designate a doe day and establish rules accordingly. Mostly its no rifles allowed - any pistol will do but we've had some interesting rules, most of which anyone can assign to another. I assigned my dad his 45-70 Trapdoor with bayonet affixed, SS german stalking rifle, a 8.65789 x 46 or some such designation, 7.65 Argentine Mauser, 416 Rigby for particular hunts. I get lucky because I don't have the extensive arsenal he has, although hunting with a flintlock has proven interesting at times for me.

Anyway, the main reason is added sport with alot of fun thrown in for good measure.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,410
Posts18,470,373
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.