Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by stxhunter
he must be a hell of a shot to it between the eyes while it was charging him, more than likely the dog was out there taking a dump or something and he didn't like the dog being around where he was hunting.

That's my thought.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Steelhead
My niece tried to bite me once and she's bigger than that dog.

did you attend the funeral? whistle

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
he must be a hell of a shot to it between the eyes while it was charging him, more than likely the dog was out there taking a dump or something and he didn't like the dog being around where he was hunting.

That's my thought.

Probably. Shooting the dog may, or may not, have been the right thing to do. We weren't there. You don't have to be there to know that allowing your dog to run loose on somebody else's hunting property is the wrong thing to do.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
That is one fearsome dog , I bet the bowhunter shat his pants when he charged. I bet he has decimated the local deer herd.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cops shoot family pets all the time for any reason. What's the big deal?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Cops shoot family pets all the time for any reason. What's the big deal?

...and just like people, they don't shoot a fraction of the ones they should. Too much BS to deal with.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ltppowell

That's my thought.

Probably. Shooting the dog may, or may not, have been the right thing to do. We weren't there. You don't have to be there to know that allowing your dog to run loose on somebody else's hunting property is the wrong thing to do.
agree, just pointing out the guy is not being honest.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell

That's my thought.

agree, just pointing out the guy is not being honest.

Dog was obviously pretty close based on shot placement and only one person knows how aggressive he was. I doubt dusting him up with an arrow at his feet would be of much benefit.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
There are a couple of half grown pups that showed up here at our place she can have to replace her dog.
We're getting ready to head out and see if they've been chipped, although I'm guessing not.
I think they were a couple of rambunctious pups that someone couldn't handle and dumped out in the country.

Last edited by dodgefan; 12/02/16.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I always worry about this kind of thing. I have a lot of hunters on my place, mostly bird hunters on the home place.

I have dogs, protective, not vicious.

So far I have not had any trouble with hunters.......

I guess most of them understand that they had better not shoot a dog out here.

Next year when I by sheep and guard dogs, I suppose I will have to post signs about keeping away and no dogs.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I grew up dairying. We've had two expensive milk cows relegated to 250$ stocker cows by peoples "Pet dogs"
My dad took the position that dogs were worse than coyotes and told us to shoot on sight any dogs on our place.
To this day I kill them all and let God sort them out.
I keep my dogs up, everyone else should to.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
What people are trying to show is that hunters only want to kill stuff. That dog was just sniffing flowers and bounding around in a nice open meadow chasing butterflies, when the nasty hunter came along and just for the fun of it, killed the dog.

Of course every dog owner knows their dog doesn't bite anybody, while the guy that gets bitten doesn't know the dog doesn't really bit.

Last edited by HitnRun; 12/02/16.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
It would only happen once on my land.

Next day it would all be posted.

I am MAGA.
G
g5m Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Not all therapy dogs are seeing eye dogs. Many just provide emotional relief. I've been around many and they are often pretty magical with people.

I've also known one guy who bought a "Therapy Dog in Training" vest for his dog so it could fly on an airline with him. My opinion of that is probably what most of yours are likely to be.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Theres holes all through this story. First, individuals don't have "Therapy" dogs, unless it is to take them to hospitals and other venues as Therapy for patients.
Second,if it was a treasured "Therapy" dog what the hell was it doing running loose? JFC a decent pet owner doesn't even let their dog run loose.
I don't like the sound of the bowhunters side of the story either...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am a big time dog lover. I don't get to hunt much and when I do, I have to put a good bit of time into it. I can't tell you how many hunts have been screwed up on account of someone's dog running through the private property I was hunting. It pisses me off but good. I have had my crosshairs on them ready to squeeze the trigger, and just can't bring myself to do it. The people that own the dogs will just replace them with another dog that will do the same thing. The deer hunters who use dogs around here keep them penned up and pay no attention to them for most of the year. It's just a cost of doing business when their dogs get shot. My son-in-law stacks them up though. Then takes their radio collars way don into a tangled hell and tosses them.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got a therapy beaver.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Knucklehead meets knucklehead, coming through the rye. Dog pays the price.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ingwe
Theres holes all through this story. First, individuals don't have "Therapy" dogs, unless it is to take them to hospitals and other venues as Therapy for patients.
Second,if it was a treasured "Therapy" dog what the hell was it doing running loose? JFC a decent pet owner doesn't even let their dog run loose.
I don't like the sound of the bowhunters side of the story either...

This. Also, I must have missed it, but what kind of dog was it?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
People get way to uptight about dogs and deer. I have had hot races blow through and then see big deer ten minutes later acting like nothing was wrong. A deer pays no more attention to a lone pet than it does a lone coyote. I've seen, even shot coyotes, and then have seen an undisturbed deer before my ears stopped ringing.

Last edited by JoeBob; 12/02/16.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

115 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 2500HD, 35, Akhutr, 16 invisible), 1,585 guests, and 962 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,949
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.