Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Zero. It has been a great experience all the way around.

Conduct is the best proof of character.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by deflave
I'd have been more reckless.

Dave

This is where I likely could have backed off a bit.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by mathman
I'd have quit believing in my own academic prowess and accepted the first reasonable job to come along right after the ink was dry on my BSEE diploma.

A classic.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I would have been a Military Doctor.

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
I wouldn't change anything, because the mistakes I made led me to the place I am today. Life is good and I would not change it if I could.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by krp
I would be a chitload better husband and father. I allowed my 'need' for solitude in the field to have precedent over time with family.

I'd work long hours in construction all week so my family had all they needed and spend the weekends with a pack, gun, rod, binos... I was a great guy, didn't drink, go to the bar, chase women, beat the kids... I was an idiot...

One year I decided I would hunt every weekend from August archery deer to Feb javalina, birds, bear, varmint calling, elk, whatever... I almost made it, I only missed two weekends... looking back I can see what I really missed.

My wife would joke to other people that she saved me from being a hermit... hey, she knew how I was before we got married... what a self absorbed pigfucking excuse.

After 20 years I took her on my elk hunt, then my antelope hunt, then packing in to coues hunt, soon any hunt she wanted to. I'm the one who lost out those early years.

I really failed as a father, that is my legacy... sins of the father.

I refuse to fail anymore as a husband and won't as a grandfather... it'll never be enough.

Kent

well reading into it, i have a pretty good idea of why you wrote what you wrote. But I also know you sure as heck are not "failing" these days.
You are one of the most giving individuals i have ever ran across.
Everybody around you knows that.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I wouldn't have had backdoor sex with my ex-wife (fiance at the time) in the bed of the parents of my ex high school girlfriend.

Went for a visit, as I was close to her parents, and they gave us their bed while they slept on the pull out in the living room.

She should have done cleanse first.

Other than that, I can't think of much I'd change.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wish I would have joined the military right out of high school instead of going to work and getting married WAY too young.(the first time)

Virgil B.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm not sure I'd do anything different. It may mean I don't have my kids. And I have the most perfect kids a parent could have. If I could pick and order...they're what I'd have ordered.

No Regrets.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Can't do it over. History, why dwell on it?

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Can't do it over. History, why dwell on it?

'tis true we can't change the past. Still, when I look at the kids today, I'd have rather had more good dogs.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Now that I've thought about it, I may do one thing different.

When my mom's old boyfriend raised a hand to her in anger, instead of just shoving his ass down the stairs and breaking his leg...I would have ran down the stairs and finished the F'n job.

But I was 12, so I didn't know any better.

Camp is where you make it.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
That past is continually changing.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
EVERYTHING!

Molan Labe
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I would go out of my way to make people feel noticed and appreciated.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Bad luck or Good luck?

There is a Chinese story of a farmer who used an old horse to till his fields. One day, the horse escaped to the hills and when the farmer's neighbors sympathized with the old man over his bad luck, the farmer replied, "Bad luck? Good luck? Who knows?"

A week later, the horse returned with a herd of horses from the hills and this time the neighbors congratulated the farmer on his good luck. His reply was, "Good luck? Bad luck? Who knows?"

Then, when the farmer's son was attempting to tame one of the wild horses, he fell off its back and broke his leg. Everyone thought this very bad luck. Not the farmer, whose only reaction was, "Bad luck? Good luck? Who knows?"

Some weeks later, the army marched into the village and conscripted every able-bodied youth they found there. When they saw the farmer's son with his broken leg, they let him off.

Now was that good luck or bad luck? Who knows?

P.S. to the guy who should have gone to medical school. Maybe when you made tone of money you would have bought an expensive race car, crashed and died. Sometimes when we look on things as bad at that time, actually turn out to be good.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Most anything I can think of would have resulted in not marrying my wife or having my son around. The only think I could have changed that would have made a significant difference is to have put more money in my 401k and stayed out of debt, been more prepared to retire. I depended on a pension that never came through. We came out ok, but you can always be more prepared for retirement.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd bet heavily on the 1972 Dolphins.

With those winnings, I'd put everything I owned on Secretariat to win three times in a row in 1973.

I'd invest in real estate in the mid-70's and ride the double digit inflation wave for a few years, then cash out to...

...Buy silver at 7 and sell it close to 40 in 1979.

I'd invest a lot in Microsoft in the 80's.

I'd short the market like crazy on Oct. 19th, 1987.

I'd invest in a lot of tech firms in the 1990's, like Cisco, then get out of those around 2000. I'd position myself in cash in 2007 and then pick up a lot of bargains in 2008.

I wouldn't get married, or if I did I wouldn't do it for the reasons I did.

Other than that, not much different...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Knowing what I know now, I would have made it much easier for me to make money and to make more of it.

But I can't complain too much. I managed to have an adventure or two and eventually ended up with a good woman.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (16gage, 160user, 16penny, 1lessdog, 10ring1, 007FJ, 47 invisible), 2,915 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,491
Posts18,490,394
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.