Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Salt and pepper, pan fry in butter. Anything else messes up what nature provided.

for the inner loins this is the ticket. they don't need anything else and too much seasoning/process just blunts the natural flavor. this is always dinner on butchering day.

for the backstraps i do a jaegerschnitzel recipe.

My diploma is a DD214
GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I just ate some that were good a couple hours ago. I killed a doe Monday and cut the saddle out of it.Sawed the hind quarters off and sawed the backbone in 2 right behind the ribs. So you end up with the big end of the loin on top and the tenderloins underneath on the bone. Aged it in ice for 3 days then put in a marinade of shredded onions, garlic, celery, carrots, a couple bay leaves, Tymne, Savory, Black pepper, Worchestershire, olive oil and most of a bottle of red wine. Flipped it several times a day. Put on a broiling pan with some bacon strips on the top 20 minutes at 450 and then turned down to 375 till the loin was 138. About an hour and a half total. Let it rest 15 minutes then filleted the loin and tenderloins off the bone to serve. Loin was medium rare and tenderloins underneath were rare. the knife practically fell through the meat slicing it up.
This is what we have for our family Christmas or Thanksgiving most years. Everyone really likes it and we have had non venison eaters try it and enjoy it.
The vegetables and marinade is strained into a saucepan a can of beef stock is added and it is reduced by half.
salted, A tablespoon of plum Jelly added then thickened with a little flour. and any pan drippings for the gravy.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by rem141r
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Salt and pepper, pan fry in butter. Anything else messes up what nature provided.

for the inner loins this is the ticket. they don't need anything else and too much seasoning/process just blunts the natural flavor. this is always dinner on butchering day.

for the backstraps i do a jaegerschnitzel recipe.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes it this way...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Easy answer. Keep whole and allow to reach room temperature. Salt and pepper or use your favorite rub. Wrap with thick slice bacon and toothpick in place. Grill over Mesquite coals until bacon is done. Remove from grill and allow to rest for several minutes. Loosen belt and enjoy.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I like 'em filleted into thin strips and fried up with garlic and onoins. Serve 'em up on a bed of hash browns with eggs on the side...perfect for breakfast day after your deer kill.

I've never seen 'em stick around long enough to get frozen...How did that happen???

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Simple & delicious !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
keep tenderloin whole
room temp
pre-heat oven to 500*
cast iron skillet or equivalent on stove high heat
couple splashes of EVOO
rub loin with salt & pepper
sear on all sides, no more than 45 seconds per side
leave in pan and put pan in oven for 7 minutes
take out of oven and take out of pan
let it rest for 7-10 minutes
slice across grain into medallions
taste heaven

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Fried
Grilled
Stroganoff
One of our favorites is on the grill whole until med rare and rest and then cut into bite size pieces then tossed in a skillet that has purple cabbage that has been sauteing with EVOOO, garlic, onion, S&P.....there will be none left.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

728 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 16Racing, 69 invisible), 2,826 guests, and 1,376 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,844
Posts18,478,277
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.