Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The two schitters I ran over a period of 3 days, in different conditions/ times of day. When the Nikon would pick rocks and cutouts up at 1100-1150, the Sigs were struggling to get me to 650.

Took Sticks advice and changed the battery outta the box, but that didn't seem to help any.

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Pictures like aalf took will take a range finder from hero to zero in the blink of an eye.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Pictures like aalf took will take a range finder from hero to zero in the blink of an eye.

Or sooner.....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by aalf
Originally Posted by deflave

Or sooner.....

+1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

By late spring there were a ton of posts about Kilo 2000's going tits up. Sig allegedly had so many returns they ran low on inventory and some folks were waiting a long time for replacements. I have been told by one guy who has sent two back it appears in many cases an interminent battery connection is frying the electronics.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Have had mine for almost a year, still working great. I'm able to free hand range terrain to 1600+ yds.

David

W
WRO Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W

The big hill above the trees on the right is around 1750.

My Sig couldn't range that, nor any deer at/around the 1K mark either.

[Linked Image]

Did you change the stock battery? when I replaced the battery it worked much better.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WRO
Did you change the stock battery? when I replaced the battery it worked much better.

Still showing 3/4 battery. Not about to put a new battery in every time I want to use it.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Mine's been a bit buggy now. Maybe it's the winter colors, brightness, snow and such but it was struggling to get junipers at 700 yesterday. Cold too, 10F. Lower sun and dimmer lighting, it was acting good again this evening nailing brush at 1300 and buildings etc beyond 1600. Dry grass and bare trees, not good. It would not get a herd of mule deer at what I think was 1200 or so today mid-day. Just thought I'd throw some caution out there as I jumped knowing the bad reports and think waiting it out may have been a better approach. Going to try some testing by keeping it warm. Not sure what to make of it.

Lot of post just like this where a guy says his works great and then there's the follow up post where it no worky so good anymore. I had my hands on one today, wanted to buy it, but gonna wait a little longer since I really don't need it right now.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I've run mine for the past 4 months hunting Wyoming, Colorado, and Oregon. No issues so far.

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Can make you a deal. LOL

Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Mine's been a bit buggy now. Maybe it's the winter colors, brightness, snow and such but it was struggling to get junipers at 700 yesterday. Cold too, 10F. Lower sun and dimmer lighting, it was acting good again this evening nailing brush at 1300 and buildings etc beyond 1600. Dry grass and bare trees, not good. It would not get a herd of mule deer at what I think was 1200 or so today mid-day. Just thought I'd throw some caution out there as I jumped knowing the bad reports and think waiting it out may have been a better approach. Going to try some testing by keeping it warm. Not sure what to make of it.

Lot of post just like this where a guy says his works great and then there's the follow up post where it no worky so good anymore. I had my hands on one today, wanted to buy it, but gonna wait a little longer since I really don't need it right now.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
All kidding aside.

Today, take the Sig Kilo that's been sitting in the rig for several days at 0-15F roughly. About 12F air temp.

All in meters...

Battery at one bar. It struggled with junipers at 450. Absolutely would not get a steel ram at 511 known distance... Change to fresh Duracell UltraLithium, also been cold. Zero improvement. Tried LOS instead of AMR, no change.

I stuck it in my front pant's pocket for several minutes. Bamm, nails the ram at 511, and is working on junipers, dirt berms etc out to 650 or so...

Several minutes later it nails rocks and dark colored slope at 850+.

Set it on the defroster in the rig for awhile. Starts to nail stuff over 1000.

Several more minutes and I'm getting 1600 on buildings and 1200 or so on brush and junipers. Also gives me numbers on grass, whatever I aim it at over 700.

Home for 1/2 hour. Take it out and nail a building at 2600, just freehand. Moving cars at 1300. Pretty much like it did when I first got it...

It definitely still works. Maybe just gotta keep it stuffed in the shorts?

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe just gotta keep it stuffed in the shorts?

Now that there's gonna be a problem....ain't got no mo room....

grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All kidding aside.

Today, take the Sig Kilo that's been sitting in the rig for several days at 0-15F roughly. About 12F air temp.

All in meters...

Battery at one bar. It struggled with junipers at 450. Absolutely would not get a steel ram at 511 known distance... Change to fresh Duracell UltraLithium, also been cold. Zero improvement. Tried LOS instead of AMR, no change.

I stuck it in my front pant's pocket for several minutes. Bamm, nails the ram at 511, and is working on junipers, dirt berms etc out to 650 or so...

Several more minutes and I'm getting 1600 on buildings and 1200 or so on brush and junipers. Also gives me numbers on grass, whatever I aim it at over 700.

Home for 1/2 hour. Take it out and nail a building at 2600, just freehand. Moving cars at 1300. Pretty much like it did when I first got it...

Good to know, but not surprising at those temps. My old bushnell won't even turn on below 0 .

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

grin

I got a bit rude with the Sig CSR on the phone. Guess where he suggested storing the spare batteries? shocked

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All kidding aside.

All in meters...

I had basically identical results today at 10F, snow on the ground, and bright sun. Wouldn't range trees beyond about 300 meters. Stuck the RF in my pocket for a while, and then I was able to hit 0.2Mil sized rocks out at 800m+. My Bushnell Fusion 1600 ranges just as well at -30 as it does at +30, but it looks like the SK2000 is very temperature sensitive...

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Is that a range finder in your pocket or are you happy to see me.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

grin

Are skinny jeans even in style anymore?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I did call up Sig today and got the skinny on the new 2200 & 2400 models coming out.

Small change to the housings and they added a screw mount on the bottom for tripod use. The 2200 is basically the same as the 2000. Same size aiming circle, same distance limits, with a possible 5% increase in yardage. Bottom line, don't trade your 2K for a 2200.

The 2400 has all the bells and whistles, blue tooth, wind meter, smart phone hookup, elevation, etc, & spits out come-ups. Should reliably add some yardage over the other two models.

No prices set yet, but might be by Shot Show time. Availability/delivery sometime this summer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

Are skinny jeans even in style anymore?

Sheeeeet......loose fit, Duluth Trading Co ball room jeans are filled to the brim.....

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

177 members (160user, 257robertsimp, 2500HD, 2UP, 405winash, 18 invisible), 1,673 guests, and 961 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,495
Posts18,472,138
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.