Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Saw 22lr Cci standard velocity and 22 mag maxi mag at Walmart today. First they have had in close to two years, you cannot tell me that magically these are now available.

CK

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The so called shortage did what it was intended to do, jack up the prices on all rimfire ammo

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
still very scarce in SE Iowa

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seeing it more frequently in the Minneapolis area. Bought three boxes of Mini Mags at my Wal-Mart this week. Could have bought more-it was still on the shelf the next day.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by bea175
The so called shortage did what it was intended to do, jack up the prices on all rimfire ammo

Exact amundo !

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Craigster

Exact amundo !

Clear your cards, folks; we have a BINGO!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by Craigster

Exact amundo !

Clear your cards, folks; we have a BINGO!

So just to be clear, you believe the manufacturers slowed production in order to drive up prices?

So following that logic they lost millions in sales in order to drive up prices?

Hmmm, having a hard time wrapping my head around that.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Well the market flood has not happened here in Colorado Springs,unless you want to pay the $50-$60 a brick when you do find them

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by irfubar

So just to be clear, you believe the manufacturers slowed production in order to drive up prices?

Ever hear of OPEC?

So following that logic they lost millions in sales in order to drive up prices?

OPEC didn't lose money lowering production, they increased profit per barrel thereby making more profit for less work.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Ever hear of OPEC?

OPEC didn't lose money lowering production, they increased profit per barrel thereby making more profit for less work.

So all the ammo manufacturers conspired?

Including the foreign manufacturers?

Just doesn't add up to me.

Then again none of it makes sense?

Did the ammo manufacturers form their own version of OPEC?

My best guess is government interference?

Who knows?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not gonna be over around HERE until the local militia die-hards finally begin to croak and the estate sales begin.
NW MT is kind of a black hole when it comes to reloading and rimfire. Everyone shoots, or claims they do.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Low supply makes for high demand... High demand makes for inflated pricing.

I honestly believe the manufactures were soley responsible.

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kellory
Still pushing @$.10 per round here in ohio.
Sometimes a but less, but i think it is the new norm. They know they can get it, and will.

Cabelas. - Not sure if there is one close to you but in I go to the one in West Chester.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Sit tight, y'all. If things go the way your Econ 101 prof said it should, my guess is that we'll see prices drop over time. I'm not predicting penny-a-round levels, but lower than they are now.

If Trump is able to do what he says he wants to do about 2nd Amendment guarantees, I would think that market forces will drive all firearm and ammo prices down a bit. The "New Norm" is in our heads. We've been through 8 years of worrying that some $hitbag was going to take our guns away. It will take time for everyone to adjust, but if we really believe in Conservative principles, then we have to believe that market forces will prevail.

What I see in Trump's first term is gun owners are going to be like my folks. They went through the Depression. Mom was still saving string and washing out breadbags clear into the 70's.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I saw quite a bit in skSAnchorage, but it seems that the prices are double for half the product.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's all WalMart's fault, I tell you! It's WalMart!. This started settling down last fall. Go to the flea markets around here and there was alot of .22 on the tables, and none of it was moving at the inflated prices. I work for WalMart, and I can tell you that the demand has definitely tapered off. The guys that used to call every night to see what came in on the trucks aren't there any more. A case of .22 sits on the shelves for over 2 days, as opposed to the 20 minutes it too to sell through it a while back. Take a deep breath and step back from the ledge guys.......

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Not around here.. some 22 Mag and 17 on the shelves but not much else to see. Once in a while you'll see a 50 pack of target 22 lr for about 9.00. No high speed at all..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It must be a heck of an internal conflict with gun and ammo manufacturers wondering who they want elected. Democrats sell more guns and ammo, but tax and drive them out of existence, eventually.

*short term benefit vs. long term existence

LOL
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Not. Not at all. People were and are buying them. The Federal Ammunitoin plant in Anoka, MN couldn't hire enough people our build a line fast enough to produce for the demand. They couldn't economically add another line or to production because when the shortage was out, they'd be out the money and have an idle line.

It was supply and demand, but I don't see the prices going back down.

Camp is where you make it.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I would imagine cost increases of components as well as increases in manufacturing overhead costs in general would probably limit any substantial reduction of retail prices, now and in the future.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,109 guests, and 1,121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,666
Posts18,493,690
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.