-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sears is still an anchor store at our local mall. It probably does a little better than its counterparts.

I remember Husky genes as a kid and I think Sears had a bicycle brand called Roadmaster that was popular with us adolescent boys. I can remember my grandfather buying a shotgun from them when I was a kid.

Sears is a victim of Americans wanting cheap schit.

I have no idea if a Sears Diehard battery was better quality than some Wal-Mart brand but I always thought it was, same with Craftsman tools and Kenmore Appliances.

So they tried to compete with Wal-Mart and started diluting their brands with crap quality.

Oddly enough the only thing I still buy at Sears is clothes. Every year they have a winter clearance around the last week of February to mid-march. I pick up $120 coats for like $30 for the kids.

I remember they were in pretty dire straights when they merged with Kmart. Industry analysts couldn't figure out why they'd want to take on a loser unless it was to pick up real estate in Wal-Mart country on the cheap.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Walmart is killing Sears

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am surprised they have lasted this long.

I do remember the days when Sears and KMart were on top. I guess Walmart wears the crown now. Who thinks Amazon will be the next to slay the giant?

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Have not stepped foot inside Sears for well over 20 years. And not for all the common reasons that you guys boycott.

Regardless, you treat me wrong and I'll not be back.

Also, on that list are:

Avis, Hilton, and Campbells Products.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Sears fugked themselves silly. They had every mechanic in the country explainning that Mac and Snap-On weren't necessary for the "average guy" and they threw that schit away.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by hanco
Walmart is killing Sears

Pffffffftttt. Not even close.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Sears is killing Sears

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Sears is killing Sears

Nailed it!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Sears signed their own death certificate when they got rid of the catalog. They could have easily converted that to online sales YEARS ago, before Amazon and other vendors got a foothold.

It's super ironic that Sears is getting killed by Amazon, considering that Sears practically invented mail order.

Pluses: Sears parts department. I had a Frigidaire freezer my parents bought in 1967. After 33 years of constant service the fan (which ran 24/7) died. I called Sears parts and they had one in stock, I had it in my hand two days later. The new fan was much smaller than the old one, but it came with an adapter.

Minuses: Their appliance repair service. Lying, incompetent crooks.

Originally Posted by fburgtx
Other than hammers and pliers, virtually their entire tool line is offshore stuff (no worse, but certainly no better, than what Harbor Freight, Home Depot, or Lowes carries). At least I can count on those other three to be in business in 5 years to honor their tool warranty.

I've owned cars for over 40 years and every battery I ever bought was a Die Hard. Until the battery on my current car went out a couple of months ago. I bought a Duracell Ultra from Batteries Plus because I couldn't trust a 7 year warranty from Sears. frown

Last edited by natman; 12/08/16.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can't believe Sears is still around.
As a kid the store was magical: guns, tools, even a candy shop in the basement of the Chicago store we had. CHicago was the home of Sears. (Sears Tower)

Now it's a wasteland.

They do have an online presence with outrageous prices they hope suckers will fall for.

A local neighbor recently had Sears do her NEW ROOF....lol. They will do anything to try to remain on life support.

IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Dang...could have shorted their shares after their merge with Kmart
They've been bleeding shareholder value forever ...they should move to Mexico!
They have "stupid" down to a science.
Sad ..used to spend a lot of time there shopping
Loved the catalogs

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I loved going to Sears with my dad when I was a kid. That store was tore down five years ago. The local Kmart is a nice Hy-Vee now.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I will make the warranty scream, but they will never get another dime of my money.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We used to have a huge Sears here, 1/2 of a block, 2 stories, separate auto store, warranty repair shop, everything you could imagine on the shelves. Then they downsized to less than 1/4 the size, maybe smaller, and moved to a mall. It all went to crap.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
I can't fathom how the one here pays their heating bill

The auto center and appliances must sell a fair bit if it's indeed a viable store, but my gut tells me they're hemorrhaging money

Maybe it will go back to being a nightclub!

Hey I helped generate some heat there when it was a nightclub

The roof baby

Fast times

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The local Sears and K-Mart have both gone under here. Was a slow painful death to watch.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
we still have one local K-MART but i really don't know why they are still open. i think the little restaurant thats in the store does more business then the store. the local ACE HARDWARE sells craftsman tools. i can remember when going to sears was a big deal back when i first got in to woodworking. i couldn't to see what new gadgets they had come out with.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Son is a manager at one of the automotive centers. He just told his manager he is done in May. He runs a branch about 150 miles from us. His fiancee lives down here so the move is more of plan to be in a area his future wife works. His branches are normally one of the highest in sales. He does it on service he says. He fired a tech last week for not tightening the lug nuts properly. Wrecked the rims and bolts when the guy drove it home.

When he told his manager he was leaving. They told him to pick a location and he could have it.

He has seen the writing on the wall to. They squeeze him just a little bit more every quarter. The automotive branch is for sale right now.

They pay the main store managers crumbs and do what they can to reduce the higher paying positions by elimination.

Only a matter of time.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Not that they'd be interested but Donald T..
Carly Fiorina could get this mofo turned around.
Remember...WLS...
call letters that stood for "worlds largest store"...another time...another age... ancient history

G
g5m Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JDK
The Sears and Kmart near me closed several years ago.

and, you used to be able to walk in and buy a gun from all of them.

Retired cat herder.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

266 members (2500HD, 204guy, 16penny, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 1_deuce, 34 invisible), 2,316 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,878
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.