Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Takes mine about 2 weeks of elk hunting unless i make a mistake and shart.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Some bodies smell before they are dead!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
your open window will have flies causing a hell of a noise in 3 days tops and maggots in 4

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
shaman Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

If a confrontation is involved, the bad guy cold place the barrel in the victim mouth, walk him back to, and seat him in the chair, before pulling the trigger. As an additional benefit for your story, the barrel against the roof of the mouth would also act as a silencer, to not wake the neighbors.

Of course I have no idea if this scenario would conflict with the character of the characters, but it could address some of your technical issues.

I like the way you think. That's a good idea. I'm still mulling over how the deed got done. I've got 10 chapters before I have to deal with it. My guess is the autopsy would turn up the first conclusive signs of foul play and rule out suicide. The first third of the book is styled as a classic hoodunit with the apartment maintenance man cast in the role of sleuth. The second third, after it turns out it's cold blooded murder, is a spies-among-us tale and the last third will be lots of paranoia, terror and mayhem.

Last edited by shaman; 12/07/16.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
You are wrong about the bleeding. I have worked lots of gunshot wounds as a paramedic. A shot to the head, even from a little .32 would bleed out several quarts of blood.
Think of the two huge carotid arteries that run up the neck and supply blood to the brain.

Though the brain is shot, to coin a phrase, the heart is still beating and that blood is going to come out of the hole in the head. It coagulates and I have seen the blood from a head shot piled up 6 inches high, looks like a slightly red chocolate Jello pudding.

Have worked lots of dead, smelly corpses, unfortunately.

I would say that at room temp it would take 2 or 3 days for the body to get to smelling real bad.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shaman

What I am looking for is a quick and easy way to off the victim without causing a lot of muss, fuss, and messy cleanup.

How about one of those handheld crossbows? Quieter than a gun and a similar size hole, less splatter, too. At least theoretically anyway, never have owned one. smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

What I am looking for is a quick and easy way to off the victim without causing a lot of muss, fuss, and messy cleanup.

How about one of those handheld crossbows? Quieter than a gun and a similar size hole, less splatter, too. At least theoretically anyway, never have owned one. smile

"No Country for Old Men" had a unique solution.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
You are wrong about the bleeding. I have worked lots of gunshot wounds as a paramedic. A shot to the head, even from a little .32 would bleed out several quarts of blood.
Think of the two huge carotid arteries that run up the neck and supply blood to the brain.

Though the brain is shot, to coin a phrase, the heart is still beating and that blood is going to come out of the hole in the head. It coagulates and I have seen the blood from a head shot piled up 6 inches high, looks like a slightly red chocolate Jello pudding.

I would say that at room temp it would take 2 or 3 days for the body to get to smelling real bad.

"Murder Inc." had an interesting way to deal with this. They would first shoot the victim in the side of the head. The second guy, completely naked to avoid getting blood on his clothes, would jump out, wrap a towel around the head and stab they victim in the heart to stop the heart from pumping. They would drain 'em in the tub, dismember them, bag 'em and leave the victim in a dumpster to be disappear in the landfill.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"Murder Inc." had an interesting way to deal with this. They would first shoot the victim in the side of the head. The second guy, completely naked to avoid getting blood on his clothes, would jump out, wrap a towel around the head and stab they victim in the heart to stop the heart from pumping. They would drain 'em in the tub, dismember them, bag 'em and leave the victim in a dumpster to be disappear in the landfill.

Kinda hard to have that determined suicide.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

If a confrontation is involved, the bad guy cold place the barrel in the victim mouth, walk him back to, and seat him in the chair, before pulling the trigger. As an additional benefit for your story, the barrel against the roof of the mouth would also act as a silencer, to not wake the neighbors.

Of course I have no idea if this scenario would conflict with the character of the characters, but it could address some of your technical issues.

I like the way you think. That's a good idea. I'm still mulling over how the deed got done. I've got 10 chapters before I have to deal with it. My guess is the autopsy would turn up the first conclusive signs of foul play and rule out suicide. The first third of the book is styled as a classic hoodunit with the apartment maintenance man cast in the role of sleuth. The second third, after it turns out it's cold blooded murder, is a spies-among-us tale and the last third will be lots of paranoia, terror and mayhem.

Good Spies tend to like simple and subtle solutions.

1975 also give you some interesting technology gaps. GSR and Blood spatter tests were both in their infancy, so you could out right ignore them, or, it would be plausible an intelligent person would not think of these avenues of investigation and make leave some evidence.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 4ager

Kinda hard to have that determined suicide.

Very true.

Just an interesting side story.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BTW: I picked 32 ACP, because I saw someone try to finish off a spine-shot doe with 6 shots of that chambering at close range to the head. The bullets went in, but didn't come out and the doe managed to crawl off another 50 yards before expiring. It was the fellow's first time out deer hunting, so I cut him some slack. The head shots never bled. The fellow had been using the 32ACP as his carry pistol for 10 years and sold it shortly thereafter for a 9mm.

Shot in the correct spot, one shot from even a 22 is pretty much instant death.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I have had the unfortunate opportunity to work a number of dead bodies in all stages, from still warm to mummified, natural to murder. There are far, far too many factors at play to make even one general statement other than "Maybe."

I have seen more than one gunshot wound to the head with little to no blood loss. I have seen .45 Ball at contact range enter with no exit, while .22s cause injuries far worse then they should.

If I had to make an educated guess, based on your criteria and my experience...

Lets assume for simplicity that the small caliber gunshot was a contact shot, and was immediately effective. Some bleeding would be expected, but would depend largely on the location of the wound, the angle of the shot, and the position in which the decedent came to rest.

In the climate you describe, with no HVAC present, and in a well sealed room, I would expect that the three day timeline you present is probably unrealistic for preoccupied neighbors to notice. He isnt going to smell good, but the odor wont be so horrendous that it will alert the entire complex. At three days postmortem, you may not even be able to smell him at the front door until you open it, but you would be getting close. Day 5 would be about where it would become quite obvious.

A lot of this depends on the victim. Size, health, clothing, even diet plays a role in this. Insect activity can accelerate the decomp timetable somewhat, as well as direct sunlight. In a dark, well sealed, fairly cool room...the timeline will be retarded to an extent.

I can assure you, though...at three days postmortem, hes gonna be ripe when you move him.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This woman lay dead in her home for 8 yrs before anyone found her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ean-Wood-lay-dead-house-EIGHT-YEARS.html

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Not so.

Lots of variables.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
wonder if there could be a bit of a sidebar about a little bird fluttering in the window and trying to escape in the room where the murder/suicide occurred?

maybe it had gotten in earlier in the day when the window was ajar. once the victim got home, he closed the window as the day was cooling off thusly trapping the bird. maybe a sparrow, or a a wren or something like that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
another one for you, guys shot thru the eye ball with 22bbcap no blood.

rest is up to room conditions and cockroaches.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
This has got to be the most unusual thread I've ever read.

I'm glad I've never seen this type of schit. eek

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I've seen GSW's that bled a lot and I've seen GSW's that hardly bled at all. Like Simon said, usually there's a lot of blood and it coagulates fast, just like bright red pudding. It depends on how long the heart kept pumping.

It's a hell of a thing trying to save the life of someone so intent on ending it.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I think when the sphincter muscle relaxes and the bladder empties,that smell starts right away

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 50 invisible), 2,035 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,763
Posts18,495,552
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.