Print Thread
Hop To
O
Okie19 Online Sleepy OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Regular
O
Any of you guys had any experience with either of these?

I like the Kimber Montana stock ergos and wondering how these compare. Looking for a lightweight stock for my Tikka Superlite.

Thanks for any feedback.

HR IC

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I like the edge for tikka, also have a sako classic edge for a tikka project I got from Rick. My understanding is that there's a bit of extra work and bedding for any manners and a T3, might even be a disclaimer on their website about T3s

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Interested in this topic too. Leaning toward the Manners for some reason. I'd be curious to hear from someone who has had both. Or even just the Manners.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
There is no more work for the end user on a Manners stock. Manners must do some more work on some of their other stocks (not the EHT) if you want it for a Tikka - primarily building up of the rear tang. This costs a little more.

To The OP - I've had both. If you are looking for something more svelte, I'd lean Edge. The EHT is not a very slim stock in comparison.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I've got the Hunters Edge on my SL 7MM-08 and its become one of my favorite rifles this past year. I ended up hunting with this rifle more than all my others. Makes for a heck of a overall rig IMHO. I'd love to try a Manners as well but McMillan had these on their website with no wait so had to grab it and glad I did.
I've posted this picture before but in case you haven't seen it here is the SL in the Hunters Edge.
[Linked Image]

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
I've got the Hunters Edge on my SL 7MM-08 and its become one of my favorite rifles this past year. I ended up hunting with this rifle more than all my others. Makes for a heck of a overall rig IMHO. I'd love to try a Manners as well but McMillan had these on their website with no wait so had to grab it and glad I did.
I've posted this picture before but in case you haven't seen it here is the SL in the Hunters Edge.
[Linked Image]

Muley,

Very nice looking tikka. 😀

Was the edge stock less weight than the tikka stock and was it a drop in fit? Did your rifle still shoot just as well with the edge? Im seriously considering ordering one. Thanks

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
[Linked Image]

I have this exact setup. Sako Hunter.

It is my favorite rifle currently.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've got the same setup as Oregonmuley, with the compact edge stock (prob bought at the same time when McMillan had a sale on them a few months back), on my Superlight .270. Added 16bore's modified Talley lows and Mountain Tactical aluminum bottom metal which works with the stock magazines and it is a great setup and super accurate. Everything dropped right in and I haven't bedded it yet, but it shoots great without it.

Currently wears a Zeiss Conquest 3-9, which I had laying around just to try it out, but it will probably get a Leupy 6x42 with dotz or post duplex as soon as I come across one in the classifieds or for sale online. Built it as a long walk in climbing tree stand rifle and it seems to fit that role nicely but probably will be a little bit lighter/brighter with a less Hubble like 6x42. Really nice rig given it shot great right from the factory without the add ons, but rifle loonyism being what it is, just had to build on it.

Hope this helps,
Craig

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Trystan
[Linked Image]

Muley,

Very nice looking tikka. 😀

Was the edge stock less weight than the tikka stock and was it a drop in fit? Did your rifle still shoot just as well with the edge? Im seriously considering ordering one. Thanks

Trystan

Yes, the stock is lighter than the factory stock, not a lot but I like the fit of these better so worth it. It was mostly a drop-in. The mag was a bit of a tight fit when the front action screw was tightened so I had it bedded. Perfect now.

I never shot it before I swapped the stock so don't know how it shot before, I can tell you though its frighteningly accurate now.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 63 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,410
Posts18,489,010
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.