Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
I hate going to a remote area of wilderness and finding $hit left behind by lazy people. Usually it's beer cans thrown alongside the road by people drinking and driving which I always pickup when I can. The worst is when they use it as a dump site and throw old TVs, mattresses, old lumber, etc.

See much of this where you're at?

Really pizzes me off when I see this. Just a rant.........

Last edited by elelbean; 12/11/16.
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
You are not alone my friend. Beer cans arent hard to clean up, but tvs, furniture, etc. People have no pride.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes. Way too often. There are a couple of barrel liner bags in my pack. They serve double duty if i need to water proof, and teash removal on the way out.
On the other hand, spent shells indicate a successful hunt, and i will use those cues, and old deer stands, clear cut lanes to my benefit first. If someone spent time there, there must have been a reason.

Last edited by kellory; 12/11/16.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All too often down here, too many cheap bastages that won't pay the tipping fees at the landfill. They dump on charities donation sites as well.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Got a place that I love to fish that has been ruined by Mexicans and white trash. It is a trail that follows a nice creek to a local lake. Years ago, there was a few cans and what not, along the trail. Now we have Mexicans around, and the area is just covered in trash. Baby diapers everywhere. To add insult to injury, the Mexicans use a big net and keep everything they catch.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just got back from a Coues whitetail hunt--9 days in the top of the Peloncillo Mountains--high, rough, unroaded country. Litter was just about everywhere, all of it from burreros (smugglers) moving illegal contraband, most of it apparently marijuana. F*cking awful!

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
There's a prairie dog town close To where I live on public land, where people bring out old TV's, water heaters, bottles, and everything else you could possibly imagine, shoot the hell out of it, and then just leave it there along with all their shotgun hulls. The place looks disgusting, they also shoot up all the road signs.

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by montanabadger
There's a prairie dog town close To where I live on public land, where people bring out old TV's, water heaters, bottles, and everything else you could possibly imagine, shoot the hell out of it, and then just leave it there along with all their shotgun hulls. The place looks disgusting, they also shoot up all the road signs.

Happens everywhere, shooters are the very worst litterbugs there are, IMHO.

[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
not so much hunting private land.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not much in the way of regular trash, but "cat eyes" and red tape all over the place. 9 times out of ten, the "trails" lead 100 yds off the loggin rd to a tree. If you ahve trouble finding your stand 100 yds off the road you shouldnt be huntin.

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
http://wnep.com/2016/11/18/illegal-dumping-caught-on-camera/

When I Lived in Pa. I hunted the above landfill ummm I mean State Game Land. This place was always a public dump. The locals, and the fine citizens of the Scranton area used it all the time. There was also the incident where 4 Moslem Terrorist where arrested because of a Failed plan they had to hit Fort Dix. They used the public gun range there( the worst unsafest place I ever saw) to practice.......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Got a place that I love to fish that has been ruined by Mexicans and white trash. It is a trail that follows a nice creek to a local lake. Years ago, there was a few cans and what not, along the trail. Now we have Mexicans around, and the area is just covered in trash. Baby diapers everywhere. To add insult to injury, the Mexicans use a big net and keep everything they catch.

That's exactly the conditions I have seen here at Lake Mead.
The Mexicans will have a big bonfire right on the shore and the next day all the trash, beer cans, dirty diapers, bait wrappers etc. are left for someone else to clean up.
I guess that's how they do it in Mexico.
Can't have that wall soon enough.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just this fall I was hunting in Western Oklahoma and thought, for a second, I may be the first white-man to walk here since the time of the Indians.
About then, I looked down and saw a snickers wrapper and Coors Light can, go figure.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
This is big pet peeve of mine too. It boggles the mind how folks can do it, but the evidence is there every time I hunt public land.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Between the loggers and Injuns the woods are a pig sty around here....
Loggers are the worst....

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

That's exactly the conditions I have seen here at Lake Mead.
The Mexicans will have a big bonfire right on the shore and the next day all the trash, beer cans, dirty diapers, bait wrappers etc. are left for someone else to clean up.
I guess that's how they do it in Mexico.
Can't have that wall soon enough.

That is how they do it in Mexico, and many other places. Get a bunch of Hmong's camped out up here and trust me, they leave more than foot prints. What the don't leave is undersize bass and walleyes.

Seen this a dozen times.

But to the topic of trash in the woods. Nothing beats stumbling on a meth-shack while grouse hunting.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
take a trip along the southern border of arizona, or for that matter any stash spot on the desert.

Do you know what a "rape" tree is?

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Could someone who rides horses explain why horseback riders litter so much? It seems like having a horse to carry your garbage out would make it less likely they would litter, but horse trails here are worse than highways for litter. I guess if you dropped it, and maybe it's a hassle to dismount to retrieve, but that seems unlikely.

The other thing is deer hunters who are afraid of the dark and too lazy to clean up their trail markers. It's not just the flagging tape. I do a little coon hunting with dogs at night. When you get used to finding your way in the woods in the dark, those tacks seem ridiculous. I imagine more than a few deer hunters have been turned around after putting out tacks in daylight and not realizing lots of others did the same over the years. That is until they tried to follow their trail in the dark and found lots of other trails of reflective tacks that were not cleaned up.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Very little over the years hunting California, Wyoming, Colorado, BC and Alberta. I see little as well camping and fishing around my place in north Idaho.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by wyoming260
http://wnep.com/2016/11/18/illegal-dumping-caught-on-camera/

When I Lived in Pa. I hunted the above landfill ummm I mean State Game Land. This place was always a public dump. The locals, and the fine citizens of the Scranton area used it all the time. There was also the incident where 4 Moslem Terrorist where arrested because of a Failed plan they had to hit Fort Dix. They used the public gun range there( the worst unsafest place I ever saw) to practice.......

Grew up in the country an hour from Scranton, the worst thing about the fall was all the %^&* city folks coming to the country driving thru plowed fields and leaving their trash....

Ted
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

355 members (1lesfox, 160user, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 10ring1, 12344mag, 33 invisible), 2,127 guests, and 1,067 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,452
Posts18,528,911
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.